Forum › The Ends of a Dream discussion

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

interesting! makes me think of the people from past generations who were homosexual and had no chance to be together. makes me sad.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

I'm already afraid of my own inevitable demise, I don't need this. In fact, I think we should have a tag for stuff like this on the site. As someone who is absolutely terrified of the finality of my own death, and by extension, growing old, I would rather not read stuff like this if I can avoid it.

What, like an "old people" tag? Natural death tag?

Lots Of Memento Mori

joined Mar 20, 2012

Oh shit this is Yume no Hashibashi!! Have been waiting for someone to scanlate this since I read its review by Okazu's Erica Friedman. The series will have 2 volumes (edit: not chapters) I think, and if you want to know what's ahead (spoilers!!) check out Erica's review.

Thank you for pointing out the review, as someone who dislikes tragedies I really wanted to skip this but needed to know what the fuck the finger represented. Now I can bail in peace.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

This is going to be a great read, I feel positive about it, but I'll rather stop here because encapsulates drama to the brim, this chapter alone was too much for me, and I'm at stage in my life I would rather stick with sweetness since I've already have my fill on my own.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'm already afraid of my own inevitable demise, I don't need this. In fact, I think we should have a tag for stuff like this on the site. As someone who is absolutely terrified of the finality of my own death, and by extension, growing old, I would rather not read stuff like this if I can avoid it.

What tag are you looking for? Just one to represent old age?

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Hmmm. Sure seems different; gonna be a rough ride, methinks. (Enter profanity here)

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

what in the peter piper picked a peck of mf pickled peppers is this sh-

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Ow... I didn’t expect the end part. It really surprised me. Ack.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

lol I was already so depressed that the finger thing didn't hit me that hard. I was just thinking "yubi yubi"

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Wow, what a great start to a story. It definitely took more of a grotesque/unnerving turn with the finger in a jar but I'm super interested in how the narrative will play out.

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

It's Sudou? Abort, ABORT!

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Ouch. Ever watched first your lover and then your father slip away forever into irreversible schizophrenia and terminal alzheimers respectively?

I have.

joined Nov 27, 2017

Nani the fuck

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

this gonna have the BIG SADS

last edited at Jul 28, 2021 1:07PM

joined May 28, 2021

As soon as I saw the scanlation group, I knew there's a high chance this won't be an actual yuri.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

We could certainly use an old age tag, but that wouldn't necessarily cover what I'm describing. A death/dying tag might be helpful, but I could also think of plenty of situations where it would be a spoiler. A way to hide spoiler tags would be interesting, but then comes the discussion of what constitutes as a "spoiler". I certainly think this is worth considering, especially having been spoiled by tags before. That's a different discussion though.

If nothing else, this manga should probably have depressing as fuck, given what I've seen in the first chapter and the comments.

last edited at Jul 28, 2021 8:48PM

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

We could certainly use an old age tag, but that wouldn't necessarily cover what I'm describing. A death/dying tag might be helpful, but I could also think of plenty of situations where it would be a spoiler. A way to hide spoiler tags would be interesting, but then comes the discussion of what constitutes as a "spoiler".

If nothing else, this manga should probably have depressing as fuck, given what I've seen in the first chapter and the comments.

Yes I want an old age tag, please!

this is another manga that needs the old age tag

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/micchan_ai_chan

last edited at Jul 28, 2021 1:41PM

TotemsInTheNight
joined Apr 9, 2021

Contributing to the tag discussion, how about an author tag? Something to note that this author usually writes about heavy, dark, tragedy topics. Sudou Yumi's Please has comments about how the story is depressing af, but including a Depressing as Fuck tag would spoil the story. Having read her other works, I think one should come to read Sudou Yumi expecting surreal, unexpected, tragic elements, just like how one come to read Nagata Kabi expecting relatable, depressing subjects, or come to read Kodama Naoko expecting service-y scenes. Maybe something like "Sudou Yumi, beware!"?

last edited at Jul 28, 2021 3:20PM

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

Very interesting opening to a series, looking forward for more!

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Oh, this seen tragic since begining, the fact they like each other but things hold them

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Contributing to the tag discussion, how about an author tag? Something to note that this author usually writes about heavy, dark, tragedy topics. Sudou Yumi's Please has comments about how the story is depressing af, but including a Depressing as Fuck tag would spoil the story. Having read her other works, I think one should come to read Sudou Yumi expecting surreal, unexpected, tragic elements, just like how one come to read Nagata Kabi expecting relatable, depressing subjects, or come to read Kodama Naoko expecting service-y scenes. Maybe something like "Sudou Yumi, beware!"?

My brain at 4am translated that into
Beware of Author

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

No one can beat time. We can just keep doing our best with our head high up! Until we reach the end of the road.

last edited at Jul 28, 2021 8:04PM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

It looks like it's going to be a bitter sweet story, about time lost and wasted, because the MCs ignored their hearts and did what society expected of them instead. I always find these kind of stories heart wrenching.

Edit: It looks like the old women, and possibly the granddaughter as well, are victims of that troublesome belief that homosexuality is just a fleeting quirk of youth.

last edited at Jul 28, 2021 8:57PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Anyone interested in continuing the tag discussion would be best served to head over to the Help thread and continue there. Much easier for me to keep track of.

We could certainly use an old age tag, but that wouldn't necessarily cover what I'm describing. A death/dying tag might be helpful, but I could also think of plenty of situations where it would be a spoiler. A way to hide spoiler tags would be interesting, but then comes the discussion of what constitutes as a "spoiler". I certainly think this is worth considering, especially having been spoiled by tags before. That's a different discussion though.

Yeah, the spoiler part is tough. I'd love to have spoiler tag functionality, but it's not in our pipeline, so we'll work with what we have. While I don't think a Dying tag has much applicability in non-spoiler situations, I'll think on what might work better. This kind of leads me toward my preference for a general Trigger Warning tag that just includes all spoiler elements (including positive tags, many of which aren't tagged for spoiler reasons).

Any tag changes to this story will have to wait, but we'll have something done with them soon, sorry for the trouble.

Contributing to the tag discussion, how about an author tag?...Maybe something like "Sudou Yumi, beware!"?

We're certainly up for those. I'll have to think about that tag in particular, and how it relates to her other work. Thanks.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I really like introspective kind of works like this once in a while, it's nice to indulge in it's mysteriousness and impactful dialogue

though if I know it's a sad story, I save some of the other manga I haven't read yet that have happier tones like A Story about a Very Lonely Female CEO who Falls for a Lesbian Prostitute in Seconds, which is what I'm going to read next
just a tip for those who need it

EDIT: oh gosh, I just realized this is the author that wrote the girl in the bathtub manga... on the bright side at least she died in the first chapter? killed her off before we could get attached, although I have a feeling we will probably learn more about their relationship and get sadder about her death as time goes on

last edited at Jul 28, 2021 11:24PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.