Forum › Posts by cookiecutter

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

This is a case where I should happy about the premise and the yuri but the execution (especially the lead up to this confession) were lacking...It doesn't help that the art's been a little wonky lately too with the big heads and short necks.

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

We need a tag for "amnesiatic childhood friends", or "mistaken childhood friends"

It is such a cliche.

I actually had a friend I played with as a kindergartener who I didn't recognize was in my high school math class until a few months into the school year. She had worn a lot of skirts as a kid but had a very edgy, tomboy look in high school. I don't think I would've made the connection if she hadn't brought up our old recess hangouts when we ended up in the same pod of desks lol

So does it happen irl but the way manga/anime does it often feels unrealistic and forced.

last edited at Mar 2, 2024 12:08PM

cookiecutter
Love Bullet discussion 28 Feb 00:27
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

It can't be only me who is already shipping her with Koharu... right!?

I know people are unstandably more invested in who Aki ends up with but I feel like there are already hints that Kanna will fall for Koharu at some point (or are my goggles on too tight? lol)

cookiecutter
Love Bullet discussion 27 Feb 15:12
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Agh my heart at Aki not recognizing Koharu....... Looking forward to seeing the Cupid CQC next chapter though, I swear this manga escalates in the most unexpected ways lol

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Um what?? Did we just get confirmation of romantic kisses (not as a joke) from multiple duos that weren't "there" yet? Especially Nononon/Yumimi and Haruka/Kanae, we've been getting extremely slow but steady progress between those two pairings...Why am I even complaining when I've been waiting so long for those two couples to properly hook up lol

cookiecutter
Two's Rock discussion 15 Feb 02:58
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Wow this was like an entire oneshot of this AU and the art is incredible!

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

I love all of Ree's doujin soooo much __ Sad there was only one page of the juicy stuff though lol

cookiecutter
Love Bullet discussion 18 Jan 20:09
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Shit it's been FIVE YEARS??? Man I don't know if it was a good or bad thing for Kanna to have Koharu be Aki's Cupid right off the bat but Koharu probably would've looked for Aki as soon as she woke up anyway?? It's a painful form of closure for sure... ;_;

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

What an interesting chapter name lol

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Even taking into account all the hate sex that crotch shot in chapter 9 was just playing dirty lol

cookiecutter
Love Bullet discussion 09 Dec 06:46
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

might be weird but i'm already shipping koharu and kanna together

Reading through the comments you're not the only one lol

Page 29 (with Aki hovering over Koharu as she dies) and Page 32 (with Kanna hovering over Koharu as she wakes up) have the same panel layout but in reverse order. I'm jumping on the delulu train and deciding that has to mean something

cookiecutter
Love Bullet discussion 05 Dec 23:16
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Okay I knew the death was coming because how else would she have become a cupid but I was /not/ expecting it to be like that, ouch.

I also get why last chapter was numbered "0", this is the real start of the story. Now I'm wondering if it's just gonna be Kanna and Koharu or if the whole gang's there as part of the welcome party

cookiecutter
Love Bullet discussion 01 Dec 03:30
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Do poly relationships just not exist in this universe?

Might just take more effort on the Cupids' part since the bullets/explosions only make you fall in love with whoever you're looking at. So to get 3 people to all like each other it wouldn't be as simple as throwing them all in one explosion but hitting each person twice and then hoping all of them are "compatible" with each other. Ngl it'd be kinda fun to see a chapter where they try to coordinate that lol

cookiecutter
Love Bullet discussion 01 Dec 01:22
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

You're telling me there's four female main characters that would perfectly pair off into two yuri pairings and the lore says they can't fall in love?! :<

This first chapter was kind of insane in so many ways lol I really like this artist's Love Live comics so it's super cool to see a full-on manga from them

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

A rare update from this manga is always much appreciated! Sensei was definitely acting super sus, it was kinda cute how the girls couldn't stop staring at her chest lmao

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

The shoujo aesthetic keeps getting stronger every chapter and I love it!! Also love how consistently Aizawa's written as super ADHD lol the manga gag was super cute

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

It's weird because this series felt short but it actually has a good number of volumes and ran for three years. I'm happy to see the yuri wedding ending though!

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

God I love this artist's doujin sm.......

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Tachi's come a long way since their Sakura Trick days!

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Jesus, Esta's just running around with a million death flags

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Shouldn't Ogishiro's page be merged with Ogi/Shamrock's page? They promote Black Black Lotus on the same account they release their Love Live doujinshi so I thought it was weird that a separate page was made once BBL began serialization.

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Point of clarity! The romance tag lets readers know if it will be romance or not. There is a ton of content on the site that is yuri without being romantic. Anyone concerned with progress, or the (very outdated by this point) focus on whether or not something is yuri based on whether or not there is subtext, just needs to check if there is a romance tag. That's the tag to care about. The yuri tag is not designed to define romance, and the genre of yuri expands way beyond romance, particularly with how the genre has grown explosively in the last decade. Like, for instance, this series.

This is a bit confusing to me. This whole series so far feels like a slow burn to an eventual relationship (especially given the side illustrations which often look "post confession/hookup" and the adults in the story "knowing" about the leads' true feelings for each other) and that in itself is why I would call it yuri. To make an analogy, something like My Dress Up Darling clearly has a main couple that will get together by the end of the story, which is why it's often labeled a romcom/romance even though the two leads aren't dating yet after several volumes. It feels like yuri fans have a much more narrow definition of yuri and romance compared to NL manga fans.

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

I read this just to look at the pretty art, I don't even need plot or characters it's so beautiful

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

It was her voice that charmed her classmates lol. Truly taken aback by that, but as Kyouko had said in the past that Renna's voice had some effects on other people, maybe it'll be somewhat a major plot point in the future? Imagine her trembling voice telling people to go kill themselves and they actually doing it, that will be so wild lmao.

Oh shit I missed that it was her voice making her classmates go doki doki lol This story is defintiely going into way more supernatural territory than I initially imagined but I'm looking forward to it.

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Am I reading into it wrong or was it mainly the MC's beauty that got her off the hook with her classmates during the trial lmao