Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Make an alt account and still show your face in it
Lmao

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I really like Fuuko. She seems so cunning and has a plan that I am really curious about. I am also curious about Natsume as from the first chapter there is maybe the possible hint that she might like a Senpai in her club but from the coloured spread she might be serious about this hidden relationship.I am definetly looking forward to updates of this.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

I'm in.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Alright. I'll prepare my heart for this.

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Let me guess, she's never even gonna consider telling her girlfriend she feels lonely but is still going to feel completely justified because of it.

joined Jun 30, 2017

I usually don't care for cheating tropes but honestly, her relationship with Nanase looks so dysfunctional already this is just accelerating the inevitable.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

The author knew what they were doing by having a likely toxic and vile character bring up her enjoyment of a book based off a parasitic fungus.

I like stories with lots of flawed, selfish characters. Makes for great drama. And it really feels like they're acting their age which is kinda refreshing.

I don't agree personally. Teenagers (and adults of course) can be selfish and flawed, but most aren't cunning sociopaths that destroy people's relationships and lives for entertainment. Which seems to be the direction we're going in. For me the first chapter felt very detached from reality, and rather than realistic it felt highly exaggerated for the sake building up spiraling misery and drama.
~
Anyways, there are two kinds of people in this world

After Luminous = Blue, I have high expectations from this artist. And I'm already liking it so far! However, this blonde chick does give off some...odd vibes.

&

I hope it is better than the absolute piece of garbage that Luminous: Blue was. Pretty art and every other subject taking points from the overall score.

I think though I'm somewhere in the middle, the author has really nice art, some interesting ideas, but their characters often feel...wrong? So it's hard to believe their characters and writing due to it.

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Was not expecting this at all from the tags (probably still missing some) but I am full on board. Love me some dramatic love affairs with cunning antagonists. Really curious to see what the motivations are here too.

last edited at Jun 19, 2021 5:06PM

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Ok, I am expecting to see a "cheating" tag in about...next chapter or the one after that. I don't know what creeps me out more, someone posting all about her stuff like that or the stalkerish long haired girl. Hmmm

joined Sep 27, 2017

Let me guess, she's never even gonna consider telling her girlfriend she feels lonely but is still going to feel completely justified because of it.

I think you perfectly summed up what's going to be one of my biggest problems. I've seen it a couple times recently where authors try to make things like cheating and so fourth as "justified", all because the characters can't just communicate and talk to each other. The MC's problems would be solved so much quicker if she communicated how she felt to her girlfriend, and didn't stream her thoughts on Twitter. Instead we're probably going to have a story where the author writes the MC as an easily preyed upon helpless girl that can't communicate and gets taken over by the antagonist stalker.

The other thing that I find weird and scary about the Twitter aspect is how much teenagers put on social media in general, in real life I mean. There are so many creepy horrible people that will take advantage of it if they can, and it's a serious problem from what I know.

last edited at Jun 19, 2021 5:22PM

Tail_nap_by_twokinds-dc7pz78
joined Aug 11, 2016

My attention has been taken hostage

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

What is the point of having a secret alt account so people don't recognize you if you post pics of yourself with very poor placed stickers?

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Most stories like this would end after chapter 1 if people actually communicated. But hey, that's how relationships go irl for so many people.

Not entirely sure if I'll like this. I prefer my stuff a bit more fluffy than this. We'll see. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a cheating story!

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I dunno... This author's stories are just... Meh. But I'll give this one a go, but I don't expect much.

joined May 15, 2021

Bad and stoopid as it may look, the lack of honesty and communication presented here is not that... unreal? Cause ive seen worse things in my town which as you may guess, ends in toxic and unstable relations i can only count 2 or 3 out of like more than 10 couples ive seen so far that were successful in that aspect and guess what, those are still dating after years while the ones who failed broke after a couple of months at max, its stoopid but it happens irl which makes it worse xd

joined May 15, 2021

Bad and stoopid as it may look, the lack of honesty and communication presented here is not that... unreal? Cause ive seen worse things in my town which as you may guess, ends in toxic and unstable relations i can only count 2 or 3 out of like more than 10 couples ive seen so far that were successful in that aspect and guess what, those are still dating after years while the ones who failed broke after a couple of months at max, its stoopid but it happens irl which makes it worse xd

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Interesting... I had a feel it was gonna be something like this from the title, but I'm interested. Maybe this will give the other girl some more confidence in the relationship, if she's even interested in it to begin with. I get being closeted because you're afraid of how people will react, but shouldn't it be fine to do stuff in private? Plus, if I'm reading it right, she was the one who confessed

I'll be interested to see if those two will get their act together... will she end up with Natsume, or Taki?

joined Oct 27, 2018

So far. I don't like this. Also, I don't know who decided these sort of edgy sociopathic characters make for good writing, but they are wrong. Yes, real people can be flawed but the vast majority don't act this cartoonish.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Most stories like this would end after chapter 1 if people actually communicated. But hey, that's how relationships go irl for so many people.

Not entirely sure if I'll like this. I prefer my stuff a bit more fluffy than this. We'll see. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a cheating story!

That's also part of the problem, yeah communication problems exist irl, but it's frustrating when authors exaggerate a lack of communication to absurd degrees and all because the series continuing entirely hinges on that concept. I know some people love it, but for me while a series with many communication issues can still be fun...it often doesn't feel like good writing when communication issues are repeatedly used to drag out issues and stretch the story. The characters could communicate, still have character flaws and personality problems, and then drama comes from that. I think it would at least be better than an absurd lack of communication.

last edited at Jun 19, 2021 5:59PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

The very first page has an implied sex scene, featuring an unfamiliar black bra, Fuuko's book, and Yuni's phone. Just throwing it out there. (Not sure what the star and moon shaped jewelry means though.) It looks more than just symbolism, compared to the melodramatic threesome on the title spread. But I would love a good surprise.

last edited at Jun 19, 2021 6:07PM

joined Apr 8, 2021

gross

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Ooh good old fashioned L-word style lesbian drama, done the yuri way. I'm in!

last edited at Jun 19, 2021 6:41PM

Panchbirdtoreva
joined Dec 14, 2020

gross

Mmm truly thought provoking stuff here folks.

Feng%20min
joined Feb 6, 2021

Damn, I really like that Fuuko girl.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

A genuine But locked relationship Vs a shakey But free one

Is this Catherine?

To reply you must either login or sign up.