Forum › Fuzoroi no Renri discussion

joined Oct 2, 2020

Re-uploaded first chapter?

Binbou Scanlations went snookapalooka and had all their uploads on Dynasty removed. Which included Fuzoroi Ch. 1.

More accurately, one person unilaterally had all of the groups' works removed despite the protest of another person who worked together on the scanlations. Still rubs me the wrong way that Dynasty's staff indulged that selfish tantrum.

I hope whatever was removed comes back, I hate when shit like this happens.

Yeah chapter 1 to 24 got removed

21stcenturyschizoidman
Firepunchforme
joined May 23, 2021

I adore petty scanlation drama.

This thread is now free to comment any deja-vu/time-travel jokes now. Go on. I know you want to do it.

joined Apr 29, 2020

Besides the chapters of this series what else ended up getting removed?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

randm posted:

Happy End and Dear My Teacher at least.

joined Jul 30, 2020

Also a lot of earlier Tamamusi stuff.

joined Apr 8, 2021

Hey, I'm the primary other member of Binbou from 2013-2016. The one protesting in this instance was drpepperfan, whose collaborations with Binbou remain on the site (with those credits for Binbou now removed). Who are you referring to that was ignored?

drpepperfan worked on the Fuzoroi no Renri scanlation with Binbou, didn't they? I specifically remember checking the credits page of Binbou's Fuzoroi chapters after that thread because I was worried that it would get taken down, and I could have sworn I saw drpepperfan's name there and feeling relieved that it probably wouldn't be. I hope my memory isn't that atrocious.

Edit: I just found the chapters I had saved, drpepperfan did indeed contribute to this series. You really made me anxious about my memory there...

Here's a list of Binbou's translations. I think almost all of them were removed.
There were also a fair number of images removed. I managed to save them all, but unfortunately couldn't archive Binbou's manga translations because of Dynasty's download limitations.

last edited at Jun 12, 2021 5:40PM

joined Sep 6, 2018

So, what’s the brouhaha over someone’s panties gets tied into a knot and decides to pack all of her toys to go home?

Let me rephrase that: I notice a translator is pulling his/her stuff off of this website which isn’t really a profit-based endeavor. This ain’t paid work, and if it was for profit, then somebody would be getting cease-and-desist letters. What’s the point of taking crap down from here? (Especially when most of it isn’t NSFW— then again, SOFTCHARM’s gone and I consider that a blessing, too) This isn’t going to take down the website.

I don’t understand the motivation for this (taking down translated stuff done for free, maybe skirting copyright laws, too).

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

So, what’s the brouhaha over someone’s panties gets tied into a knot and decides to pack all of her toys to go home?

Let me rephrase that: I notice a translator is pulling his/her stuff off of this website which isn’t really a profit-based endeavor. This ain’t paid work, and if it was for profit, then somebody would be getting cease-and-desist letters. What’s the point of taking crap down from here? (Especially when most of it isn’t NSFW— then again, SOFTCHARM’s gone and I consider that a blessing, too) This isn’t going to take down the website.

I don’t understand the motivation for this (taking down translated stuff done for free, maybe skirting copyright laws, too).

Me neither; or at least, I can't think of a logical explanation

But I think there may be emotional reasons for doing it. Perhaps (they're) you're not proud of your work and can't stand it being constantly read, perhaps you have a personal vendetta against dynasty for some reason, or maybe an internal issue with the scanlation team...

I think it's because these things are not motivated by profit that they're often subject to the emotional whims of their creators. (and this isn't a judgement on my part, I can't tell someone what to do with their hobby)

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

In short,this makes as much sense as removing licensed stuff.

None at all.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

The translator of Binbou has said all he wishes to say on this topic publicly, so whatever reasons - or lack thereof - given are as good as it gets. You're all welcome to have your own views of our policies, I will always encourage criticism. However, keep in mind that this site runs nearly drama-free, with little of interest besides the content we provide. Irrespective of what may be considered ethical or proper, respecting scanlators and appreciating them for what they do has brought us - and many of those groups - a very significant amount of benefit.

With that out of the way, let's drop this topic, which is of little relevance to the content in this series. Further discussion can be redirected to the Help thread, or the Cafe. Thank you.

856600 posted:

drpepperfan worked on the Fuzoroi no Renri scanlation with Binbou, didn't they? I specifically remember checking the credits page of Binbou's Fuzoroi chapters after that thread because I was worried that it would get taken down, and I could have sworn I saw drpepperfan's name there and feeling relieved that it probably wouldn't be. I hope my memory isn't that atrocious.

While you're correct, drpepperfan's role in Binbou was as a QC, which is relatively minor. When I said "collaborations," I specifically meant (as did drpepperfan) works which their two individual groups collaborated on. The translator was the leader of Binbou and drpepperfan was aware of that when he opted to participate as a member of Binbou (as he was for Fuzoroi no Renri and many others). The person behind RayDistance (the other group that made early releases for this series possible) has given their consent for the removal of their work with Binbou. Other cross-group collaborations have been left on the site and will continue to be, unless we are given affirmative consent from those collaborators.

Additionally drpepperfan was fully involved in all aspects of our discussion with Binbou. His preferences took priority and his wishes were respected. Again, feel free to disagree with or criticise the result, but please consider the full context given before coming to your own conclusion. Personally I've been disappointed to see nearly every criticism made focus on Binbou, or a specific site policy. Whatever happens here is solely the responsibility of the staff, in this case especially mine, and whatever positive or negative results occur lie solely with us.

Here's a list of Binbou's translations. I think almost all of them were removed.
There were also a fair number of images removed. I managed to save them all, but unfortunately couldn't archive Binbou's manga translations because of Dynasty's download limitations.

A further "official" post will be made about what was removed at a later date, I don't think I have enough interest to do it for the time being.

last edited at Jun 12, 2021 11:11PM

joined Dec 30, 2020

Saw chapter one and decided to reread the series;
remembered the 'situation' when the reader bumped me to ch25;
unfazed, read the binbou scans on the recently revived mangadex;
remembered the sepia tone drama;
thoroughly enjoyed rereading;
wanted to chat about the series;
Gestures vaguely at the thread
...Idk y'all. It is what it is.

I realized something after nya-chan's post a couple pages back:

Obviously, the author is paving the way for them to be together at some point. Yet another mismatched couple.

It's in the title, so all couple will be "unlikely", but will work.

It's in line with her afterword in her collection: she wants to write relationships between women that "work out", even if it's difficult. But not difficult because they are gay, but because they are human beings.

Explains the conspicuous absence of surrounding homophobia in her works. She's not writing about that.

that was a bit of a lightbulb moment for me - I'm following these couples and rooting for them because they're just as "unlikely" or "flawed" or "doomed" as my relationship history.

It's not the fluff I love to read; but it's the angst and struggle and hope and doubt that I've lived and I just want it to work for someone - even if only in a story

Also those darn delinquents make me want to shave the side of my head again xD

last edited at Jun 12, 2021 11:36PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Also those darn delinquents make me want to shave the side of my head again xD

I recently got a hella undercut, highly recommend lol

Also I'm sorry about the background drama but I'm glad the first chapter has been reuploaded, hope the rest can also find their way here somehow. I rather like this series despite my continuing protest over Iori frequently hitting a known-to-be-previously-severely-physically-abused Minami.

last edited at Jun 12, 2021 11:56PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

It won't come back from Binbou, but as time allows, I'll retranslate what's missing.

Just wanted to say: you're a hero, please keep being awesome. :-)

joined Apr 8, 2021

While you're correct, drpepperfan's role in Binbou was as a QC, which is relatively minor. When I said "collaborations," I specifically meant (as did drpepperfan) works which their two individual groups collaborated on. The translator was the leader of Binbou and drpepperfan was aware of that when he opted to participate as a member of Binbou (as he was for Fuzoroi no Renri and many others). The person behind RayDistance (the other group that made early releases for this series possible) has given their consent for the removal of their work with Binbou. Other cross-group collaborations have been left on the site and will continue to be, unless we are given affirmative consent from those collaborators.

I wasn't aware that drpepperfan and RayDistance consented to the Fuzoroi chapters they worked on being removed. If you're actively getting the consent of the other people who worked on scanlations before removing anything they worked on, I retract my criticism of the staff's handling of the situation. My apologies for the assumption otherwise, but from appearances that didn't initially seem to be the case.

last edited at Jun 13, 2021 3:21AM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Wow chapter one felt way different from the current chapters, it's been so long I think I must've forgotten what the early parts of the manga were like.

keep in mind that this site runs nearly drama-free

There is no war in Ba Sing Se.
Memes aside, that was the heartiest laugh I've had in a while! xD

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Thanks a lot for the retranslated chapters, it's nice to reread those~

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

It won't come back from Binbou, but as time allows, I'll retranslate what's missing.

Thank you very much!

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

I thought something was weird when I saw chapter 2, if possible either through dm or here that what happened? I'm curious.

Princess_Anime
Illyasvielgay
joined Mar 6, 2021

hey wait a second there's no way the SFX was SEETHING before

joined Nov 21, 2018

If nothing else, this is a nice trip down memory lane.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

hey wait a second there's no way the SFX was SEETHING before

Binbou didn't translate or typeset any SFXs. I did.

Original SFX ぐぬぬ (gununu) is the SFX for blood rising, riled up, seething, outrage

last edited at Jun 14, 2021 2:15AM

Userpic-128-white
joined Jul 21, 2015

I always wondered what was going on in chapter 2. Why is their relationship a crime? Is it due to the age gap specifically, or are there special rules regarding same-sex relationships there? A casual search couldn't turn up any explanation for this

last edited at Jun 14, 2021 10:04AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I always wondered what was going on in chapter 2. Why is their relationship a crime? Is it due to the age gap specifically, or are there special rules regarding same-sex relationships there? A casual search couldn't turn up any explanation for this

Minami is a minor, at least in regards of the Japan's laws.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

If we talk about the law in Japan, here's an handy chart about how it's interpreted.

But most of the time, 18 is the norm and I doubt Iori would have any problem, unless Minami's parents wanted to be assholes.

Interestingly, the chart doesn't mention gay relationships.

last edited at Jun 14, 2021 12:21PM

Userpic-128-white
joined Jul 21, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

If we talk about the law in Japan, here's an handy chart about how it's interpreted.

But most of the time, 18 is the norm and I doubt Iori would have any problem, unless Minami's parents wanted to be assholes.

Interestingly, the chart doesn't mention gay relationships.

Makes sense, thanks! Remarkably sensible approach to teens being irresponsible together compared to how it is here. I can imagine the walking disaster Iori just assuming the worst possible outcome here

To reply you must either login or sign up.