Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

OH SHIT is Miki going to be the hero of this tale.

god i always want the next chapter right away.

joined Sep 4, 2016

I see a lot of people saying Kurokawa is acting like a normal teen or they understand how she feels

No, this is not normal it is not understandable

This is batshit insane, this is the exact same mentality that leads crazy fans to murder idols for not being "Pure" its fucking toxic, like not your usual Twitter BS actual toxic behaviour.

Agreed. I think I've had about enough of this one. It's gone almost nowhere for months, and it doesn't really show many signs of getting better. We already know how the next chapter will go. Miki will yell at Kurokawa and probably slap her. while proclaiming that she should be the one in Fujishiro's heart the most since she's been with her since the beginning. Kurokawa will hear that and feel some tinge of jealousy or something and finally the lightbulb will turn on and she will finally realize how she feels. Then we'll spend the next few chapters of them avoiding each other because neither of them have the balls to face the other. Snooze.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

In the end of day, what the point of complaining or criticizing something if there will be always someone who said it's realistic in some ways or they experience the same thing ? People are bitter here because it's justfucking drama piling up again and again and again, it's just have been that non-stop since the beginning and it show no stop and it's just annoying.

Right--there's a difference between a character being "relatable" to some specific kind of reader, and a characterization that's been 'earned' by being developed adequately in the narrative.

Sure, we were told about Kurokawa's princess-worship complex at the beginning, and we assumed that it could be some sort of problem eventually, and if it had been referenced all along in the various places it might have been expected to come up, the latest scenes wouldn't come off as being so ludicrously over the top.

joined May 23, 2021

Is there any chance that someone can direct me to raws for ch.2? I recently bought vol.1, and I want to compare translations, which would be easier with an external reference point (i.e. the original text).

joined Dec 16, 2017

I read people complaining and I honestly don't know why they're complaining. People up in here with some semi-charmed kind of lives talking about how Kurokawa is unrelatable right now. I'm super jealous, no really.

No. LI-TER-ALL-Y. I'm jealous of you guys, must be nice being the one on the pedestal, looking down on all the commoners from your royal throne. Would you like some tea, mademoiselle? Want to use my hand as your tissue? Go ahead, us commoners can just clean it up later. ;)

Nah but really, some of us have had cursed lives. Kurokawa is completely relatable for me right now. I know it's kind of coming out of nowhere but you knew where this was leading. She's been bullied for having 'intellectual interests' this entire time. Even in childhood she was demeaned as worthless for being a nerdy glasses girl, or ugly--the author threw that in specifically and it's what started out this story. Did y'all forget?

You're surprised because the author saved it as a 'whammy' until this part specifically. This is honestly what the story was written for, you could say this is why this manga was produced, because of this idea; it's the crux of the story. A popular girl falls for a nerd who she berates earlier, and is clapped back with the emotional trauma of what deeds she, and others like her, have committed. These chapters are about mental subjugation and what societally excused social torture does to people. They are very important subjects and were always meant to be here.

I can imagined you're shocked by it, and that's the point. That's why we're here, you're the audience the author was considering. And in Japan it's awful, people have gone to considerable lengths to point out that bullying is a massive problem there.

But it's also a fairytale. Except it's inverted, rather than Cinderella falling for her prince, Cinderella is mortified by the prince's pursuit of her. Honestly this is the more realistic version of events. Cinderella was bullied by her three step-sisters and step-mother all her life. This is kind of like a postmodernist excision of a blunder-y fairy tale where life is lived happily ever after. All the dreams of childhood are replaced by the blunt psychological reality: this character was mentally damaged and you'll have to go to great lengths to repair her. In a way this is the final bridge Nanaki has to traverse. She has to pay the toll of her sins and the sins others have committed against this girl. Love is such a heavy item that it should be paid totally. That's the way it should always go: it's about feeling secure with the person you're with, being willing to loose one's cobwebs and come completely to their side without a thought of guilt in the world.

Nanaki may be shocked right now but either her or somebody will have to right the wrongs. That's the way I see it. And she's done so much to right those wrongs, however we're at the final point where the wrongs were so heavy they've left permanent damage. Somebody will have to do surgery at this point. The sins have been so internalized on Kurokawa's side that it's going to be difficult. Believe!

And I don't care who shows Kurokawa the logic of letting go, but hopefully someone else can at least jumpstart the healing/grieving process to let this girl get back to what she lost when she kept getting put into the 'useless/ugly' column.

Well written. Unfortunately you are the minority so you'll draw some ire from those that don't get it. Passionate as you are, and this speaks to you, the majority will see this as just bad form.

Let us all see how this plays out. Clearly this piece of literature is dramatic enough to invoke these types of discussions.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

she need some milk

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Well, that happened. Big shoutout to Miki, the carbon-neutral antagonist (and also a magician, considering she apparently just yote herself out of existence between panels).

I never expected it to handle the subject especially well, but this was... too clean and too easy.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Ok I'm annoyed it had to end at that point and now we have to wait a whole another month....

Conflict seems to have been resolved easily, but what can you do? Apparently this isn't meant to be a deep introspective manga about behavioral patterns. I actually agreed with what Miki said, and I felt like it would be a good ending too if Nanaki just remained a "princess" rather than changing because of someone who then doesn't treat her good.
I'm glad Kurokawa at least has snapped out if it. Wonder if they will make up fast now, or we'll have a period of adjusting. Probably the first.

last edited at Jun 9, 2021 9:07AM

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Nah I don’t think nanaki should’ve remained a “princess”. She’s happier now isn’t she? And she changed because she wanted to, for kurokawa maybe but she still chose to. When kurokawa said miki was like her I suddenly shipped it. I’d accept that ending lol. Nanaki would need an extra happy ending tho if that happened.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

It's a bit hard to take this melodrama seriously lol, but I'm looking forward to see the eventual resolution all the same

At this point I still think Nanaki is "too good" for Kurokawa but hey, whatever makes her happy yea?

ParasyticGhoul
Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

OMG

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And finally Kanade has solved her feelings as well. Happy ending, here we come!

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Got over that complex far too easily.

joined Mar 26, 2021

Good that Kurokawa has saw everything that about Fujishiro that she choose to change herself by herself, and that she was always by Kurokawa side. But after this chapter... hmmm... is it to be the happy end for them i mean ending as couple, even if Kurokawa apologize and still choose to be her friend but nothing more than that i could consider it as happy ending. Like it was with Fujishiro and that girl with short hair when she confessed but was rejected and yet stayed as friends. With them can be the same after all it's not like every gl manga has to end with two girls dating.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Yeah, that felt a bit too easy.
Still, as long as we get a happy ending, I'm fine with it...

Which volume are we in again? And which volume is said to be the last?

last edited at Jun 9, 2021 9:47AM

Crucru
joined Oct 28, 2020

This drama came so far, they must've stoped 2 chapthers ago, but now i guess this will work out fine. This serie is pretty good, just the drama (for me has no fundament) that got me tired of reading, but i like Fujoshiro and i thing she deserves a happy ending

joined Dec 30, 2020

I never expected it to handle the subject especially well, but this was... too clean and too easy.

Hopefully this means there will be another twist to the story, rather than being the first signs of an axe falling.

last edited at Jun 9, 2021 9:56AM

30_magikarp
joined Feb 21, 2021

She needs therapy. That sudden realization and turnaround felt too quick.

I wonder where it would go from here. They already went through the "love triangle" and "you deserve better than me" drama so hopefully they just get to properly talk about their feelings.

Ayayayahuasca
370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

If they kiss next chapter then I want to see the fucking sloppiest messiest tear stained french kissing imaginable
I want to see their faces turn blue from the sheer amount of face sucking that's going on
They need to be covered head to toe in fucking hickies from the extreme making out that they'll be doing
It just needs to be the fucking greatest thing imaginable

joined Jan 3, 2020

Kurokawa's got massive self-esteem issues that masquerade as some sort of idol craze. Nanaki changed, yes, in Chapter 2. That was when she threw away her own interests and friends in order to latch onto Kurokawa.

If Kurokawa was going to flip out and go idol-crazy, that is when it should have happened. All of the changes Kurokawa is whining about in the last two chapters happened then. That chapter, so very long ago, is when she stopped being able to "admire Nanaki from afar". Nanaki's confession doesn't change anything about her (other than her own label for her sexuality maybe).

Nanaki's confession is the most blatant admission of "I think we are equals" from Nanaki, but it is not remotely the first. What Kurokawa really can't stand is having somebody assign her a value greater than dirt. Why that realization happened so late for Kurokawa is pretty baffling, but maybe she was just so caught up in being able to befriend the person she admired that she didn't realize that the person she admired had changed a long time ago until just now.

That's the only read of this situation that makes sense to me, and I think, based on this chapter, it is what the author is trying to point out. I don't think the author did the greatest job conveying that, though.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

This is much better than that Liberty trash I read today.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

If they kiss next chapter then I want to see the fucking sloppiest messiest tear stained french kissing imaginable
I want to see their faces turn blue from the sheer amount of face sucking that's going on
They need to be covered head to toe in fucking hickies from the extreme making out that they'll be doing
It just needs to be the fucking greatest thing imaginable

Jesus Christ...

joined Jan 3, 2020

I read people complaining and I honestly don't know why they're complaining. People up in here with some semi-charmed kind of lives talking about how Kurokawa is unrelatable right now. I'm super jealous, no really.

No. LI-TER-ALL-Y. I'm jealous of you guys, must be nice being the one on the pedestal, looking down on all the commoners from your royal throne. Would you like some tea, mademoiselle? Want to use my hand as your tissue? Go ahead, us commoners can just clean it up later. ;)

Nah but really, some of us have had cursed lives. Kurokawa is completely relatable for me right now. I know it's kind of coming out of nowhere but you knew where this was leading. She's been bullied for having 'intellectual interests' this entire time. Even in childhood she was demeaned as worthless for being a nerdy glasses girl, or ugly--the author threw that in specifically and it's what started out this story. Did y'all forget?

Kurokawa's backstory is incredibly relatable for me, but her reaction still isn't because she knows Nanaki is sincere.

I would react very negatively to any confession unless I could establish the person's level of sincerity because I would instantly assume it was a bet, prank, or other attempt to hurt me. And the proper defense against those types of confessions is to hurt the other person first by telling them off.

This is much better than that Liberty trash I read today.

Latest chapter of After School trumps both!

Especially if this ends without any Yuri couples.

last edited at Jun 9, 2021 10:35AM

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

She needs therapy. That sudden realization and turnaround felt too quick.

I wonder where it would go from here. They already went through the "love triangle" and "you deserve better than me" drama so hopefully they just get to properly talk about their feelings.

Yeah it seems too quick a change. But Kurokawa only felt that herself didn't deserve to be with Nanaki, so when Miki vents out her frustration to her she is able to shift her perspective to how Nanaki feels. Although Kurokawa felt she only helped out Nanaki as a friend, she didn't realize how impactful her words actually were and how it had already pulled Nanaki's feelings towards Kurokawa. The realization will come flooding, so it'll be quick paced at that point.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

And here I was, thinking MY high school days dramas were pretty intense . Jesus O_o

To reply you must either login or sign up.