Forum › Posts by avunvain

joined May 23, 2021

Honestly the "aaaaaaangst" "Drama" and "What the fuck am I reading" tags would not be out of line for this chapter.

The way I read it, the blame is 10/90. Magical girl should not be projecting onto evil general, but she might not even know she's doing it. And more to the point, Former General basically just lured the magical girl into a romantic setup just to rip out her heart and step on it.

Here's the thing: The worst thing that can happen is not being told no, or the other party being disgusted. Because the opposite of love is not hate, it's disinterest. Magical girl is clearly pushing herself really hard to be able to do this, and Evil General cuts her off, rejects not her feelings but the validity of the feelings, and then proceeds to mockingly tear into her for allegedly using the general as a replacement.

That's not just a rejection, it's psychological warfare.

I felt a little bit less intentionality in this than I think you're reading into it – this isn't Former General mocking Magical Girl for using her as a stand-in, this is Former General thinking "Alright, I love this girl, and I guess she loves me because I remind her of that girl who looks good in white (obviously; why else would she want ME), so I'll respond to her confession positively, if maybe with a certain bitter aftertaste; hey, uh, why does she look so upset –"

last edited at Sep 14, 2026 6:14PM

joined May 23, 2021

WATERBOARDING?

joined May 23, 2021

Looks like Masaki is chronically cursed by Aizawa instead of catching a 1-time-deal. Aizawa's reaction to that, to Ange getting sick, and to claims of a curse once again signal she knows a lot more than she's capable of saying. Unfortunately she's not getting much chance to do anything either if this volume centers on the concert — Aizawa's still schoolbound in gay baby ghost jail.

At the risk of conspiracy theory brain: if Masaki has the Sight (cf. her ghost pupils) and is aware of Aizawa, is it possible that she's faking the effects of the curse in ch24? (Presumably for some reason connected to her instant and overpowering interest in Michi – maybe an interest in breaking up her relationship with her ghost gf.) The first time was legit, of course – Aizawa's silhouette transformation suggests some serious poltergeist/grudge energy was at work – but in the second instance, Aizawa was just guilty, curious, worried, etc. and still managed to hurt Masaki. (Whose current situation and characterization are still kind of a black box!)

avunvain
Pink Ribbon discussion 07 Dec 23:42
joined May 23, 2021

You scanlators are heroes and should feel good.

avunvain
joined May 23, 2021

Is there any chance that someone can direct me to raws for ch.2? I recently bought vol.1, and I want to compare translations, which would be easier with an external reference point (i.e. the original text).