joined Aug 23, 2014

Oh look, another Matsuri

Eraser-for-really-big-mistakes
joined Jul 21, 2013

People every one has their own preferences

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Oh look, another Matsuri

I don't know if you could call her another Matsuri. It was clear that Matsuri solely wanted Yuzu to herself, and did anything to keep people from being with her, to the point it was almost Yandere... without the excessive violence.

In this scenario, Sara is pretty much just starstruck with Mei for helping her find her sister. She's even sure she'll never meet Mei again and doesn't possess any evil intent like Matsuri did. If anything, I think we should compare Sara with Himeko.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Eh, the most interesting part about this was the fact that Matsuri gave Yuzu relationship advice, seeing as how she's also the girl who sells certain types of videos and stuff to old men, lol.

Edit: Also, does anyone see Konatsu from Tari Tari in this new girl? >.>

last edited at Dec 8, 2014 1:51AM

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

The number of people here who claim to hate this and yet have posted a good 50 comments on it is way too high.

one that I totally think would kill as anime.... Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami (seriously, why is this one never mentioned??)

(I'm a little late to this party but...) Ohhh yes I loved Himegami. One of the first I ever read, too. It would make a great anime, I'm sure. :D

last edited at Dec 8, 2014 2:36AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I don't know if you could call her another Matsuri. It was clear that Matsuri solely wanted Yuzu to herself, and did anything to keep people from being with her, to the point it was almost Yandere... without the excessive violence.

What she did may not have been outright violent but it was far more messed up.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

So... I really would like to have sex with you, and I'm going to tell you so in a way that seems like I'm selling my body to you as thanks for your fixing my life, and look at you while doing my best imitation of Kristen Stewart.

Hahahaha. Best comment yet.

Screen%20shot%202015-09-08%20at%209.16.20%20am
joined Jun 26, 2013

But seriously, Mei is the most sensitive soul I've ever seen on ink. But she's also horrible at communication, which literally leads us readers to our eternal frustration.

I just hope the new characters help promote growth in Mei and Yuzu, rather than stunt it. I've had enough of this bs. I need them to start communicating, like they should've, since chapter 3.

Mei strikes me as the sort of person who doesn't like to rely on others. Someone who has never had a large group of friends, nor the time or mindset for them. She pretty much runs the school. Love was never supposed to be part of her daily agenda.

This girl probably couldn't explain how she felt to Yuzu if she tried at this point in the story. >.< To me, Mei seems to be just about as hopeless as Yuzu, just in a drastically different way.

The build-up for Mei and Yuzu to start actually communicating may take a LONG while.

Art11a
joined Feb 3, 2013

1,500 posts in 13 chapters is quite the thing to behold on our tiny little website.
Not to mention the 167k views haha Citrus is something else

yup, this is byfar the most controversy manga in dynasty-reader. it's like everyone loves it and hates it at the same time lol

Still, i don't really have any issues in their relationship goes back to square one. Even though Mei has develop so much compare to the beginning, she is still stupid in expressing her feelings (and that stony face is a major turnoff). Yuzu is correct in refusing Mei and now she's starting to evaluate herself. Both girls need something more to push them togehter even if it means adding YET another rival (in this case, i doubt the new loli girl add much damage, maybe just a little nudge of jealousy). Maybe another lesson in communication skill can help too
Anyway, despite so many cliche and "love triangle" and BS, i still like this manga as my guilty pleasure, screw those hypocrites who said they can[t stand the cliche yet they still read it and commenting on how lame it is #don't jugde me

last edited at Dec 8, 2014 6:27AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

So... What did Matsuri gave to those kids as reward for taking the picture????? Fucking kids!

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

"I...can't do it"
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU???!!!!

Untitlsed
joined Jul 20, 2013

OMGGGG Just get together already for the love of yuri goddesses

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Still, i don't really have any issues in their relationship goes back to square one.

It's not necessarily back to square one. With the events that happened, Mei initiating sexy times and getting rejected, we know that she was serious about Yuzu. Especially that face she made on p13.

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

As expected, just skimming over the last few posts gave me the impression there's as much drama here as in the series itself, hehe. That's no critique of you guys, don't worry.

The following probably fits not just to Citrus but most longer yuri stories, but I might as well post it here:
I think part of the problem that leads to us chewing down our nails in frustration is the pace we can read it at. It seems a story consists of endless, always new sources of complications for the characters, so we get the impression it takes ages for them to develop and get to the point where we wish them to be (and where the sweet, sweet yuri-love is).
Was the same with Girl Friends back then.

In reality, an average manga chapter isn't that long, if you look at how much time you need to read it. That's just in the nature of sequential art. The story is in the dialogue, the pictures enforce it oh so well (especially in Citrus the artwork is very good imo) and we all love that. But it literally takes up more space than an equivalent section of text (yes, I mean even considering that the visuals need to be transcribed somehow; and before anyone complains: Yes, there are sure exceptions). And the author needs much time for creating it.

So in the end we get a drop of the story every few weeks or months and that makes us feel like it's going on forever.
When I go back to Girl Friends and read that now, it doesn't feel so torturously slow and long until the protagonists get together, the misunderstandings not so devastating.

So if you felt like me when reading how Yuzu pushes Mei away again and were close to grabbing something to poke your brain with in frustration (thank god the scissors were out of reach), keep in mind that once we have the full story and you can re-read it, you won't have to wait as long as now to get to see how she manages to recover from that.

Love.live!.600.1492198
joined Sep 4, 2014

Thanks a lot Yuri Project.

joined Dec 8, 2014

Dayum this is become boring, ain't need no more rival ESP loli.
But thanks for the update Yuri project!

joined Feb 1, 2013

You know what... I'm burned out on this manga. It's jerked me around for months and months, and nothing ever happens to advance the relationship between Mei and Yuzu. It's all so... so f*king tepid. I just don't care anymore, I'm tired of the total non-quite-relationship between these girls.

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

OH MY GOD! I didn't see how big of a shitfest the latest chapter (13) caused. I thought it was fine, to be honest. I think the series started off really well; it seemed different. But, I'll agree it's not as unique as I thought it was going to be, but it's not TERRIBLE. I don't think it will be as good as "Octave" or "Notes From the Garden of Lilies", but I don't think it will be as bad "Lemonade".

joined Aug 1, 2014

Man i was so ready for Mei and Yuzu relationship to blossom in the beginning!

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Finally, a chapter where Passive Aggressive Mei attempts to come out of her shell, but epic fails. I can't blame her though, she's awkward that way, she said so herself. Anyway, hope the love triangles end quickly, I'm starting to lose hope that are two beloved MC's will ever get together.

joined May 26, 2013

@maddog_ren, @Ghost in the Shell, you took the words right out of my mouth (fingers?). I'm convinced that the major problem in here isn't exactly their feelings, but the fact that neither seems to really know what to do about it: Mei because she's emotionally awkward, and Yuzu because... she's Yuzu.

Also, is it just me, or nearly every time a new character appears things more or less go to hell?

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Haha. Hey. Let's all remember that Citrus is fictional... and like, unnecessary drama has proven over time to somehow work in drawing in people to read/watch stuff.

But seriously, Mei is the most sensitive soul I've ever seen on ink. But she's also horrible at communication, which literally leads us readers to our eternal frustration.

I just hope the new characters help promote growth in Mei and Yuzu, rather than stunt it. I've had enough of this bs. I need them to start communicating, like they should've, since chapter 3.

I wouldn't say the issue is the development, but rather to have something that actually sticks. Things go from 0 to 100 way to fast, and go back to 0 that fast as well. This is further aggravated by lack of memorable side characters (EDIT: With their own entity, not requiring of the main characters to justify their existence in the series) or side couples, so there is nothing to divert the reader's attention while the main story goes in circles like now (SK made good use of that when the story went full angst).

last edited at Dec 9, 2014 1:46AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Also, is it just me, or nearly every time a new character appears things more or less go to hell?

Not exactly, Himeko was pretty inofensive and ended becoming part of the supporting cast, Harumin is Yuzu's bestie, Matsuri was the only trying to stir some shit but Yuzu never realized and Mei handled her pretty well.

Sara so far seems to be a pretty nice kid and unless her sister turns out to be Yandere I don't think they will affect negatively to the plot.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Ok, no one noticed/mentioned the fact that they really know each other about...6 months? The manga is out for 2 years, BUT Yuzu first met Mei when their new year in school started (probably September or August) and it's now February. So they know each other for only 5-6 months!! How faster do you want their relationship this to be until it becomes rediculusly unrealistic just for the shake of fanservice and hormonal fangirls/boys?! Lol. To be honest, I even thought thei interactions when they first met were too fast (like Mei suddenly kissing a girl she doesn't even know just to silence her).
Keep in mind, they are only 16...and just tell me...what 16 yo can confess their love so quickly and handle all this mess more mature than them? Maybe people want something echii, but I don't think Saburuta intends to make Citrus echii. So if you're frustrated about the low pace and the lack of sex/kissing, reading an echii yuri would be better. And yes, it is possible for two people not even talking to each other even if they live together...

Honestly, I really love Yuzu's character and Citrus first caught my attention because of her. I've read other yuri manga (like Girlfriends) and got bored really quickly. The writing seemed so childish and boring, I honestly wonder how people consider it one of the best yuris :P

Also just a side note. Why do people ship Harumin x Matsuri? Lol, even though Matsuri apparently changed, Harumin is one of my fav characters and i think she deserves waaaay better than that. Why waste Harumin with a child pimp? lol sorry :P ( for example Nina x Harumin seems fine o//o)
In fact, I was shipping Yuzu x Harumin...because Mei is usually cold and detached, something I'm not a fan of, and Yuzu deserves someone who can love her :P

Note no2. Is it just me or Nina looks a lot like this onee-chan girl from the yuri manga Yuzu was reading??? Considering the fact that Sara seems very open with gay issues adds a little more to my suspisions, like hey my sister has been a part of yuri before, so it's not weird to be in love with a girl at all xD

last edited at Dec 9, 2014 10:33AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ok, no one noticed/mentioned the fact that they really know each other about...6 months? The manga is out for 2 years, BUT Yuzu first met Mei when their new year in school started (probably September or August) and it's now February. So they know each other for only 5-6 months!!

The school year in Japan starts in April, not September (remember all those "new school with cherry blossoms" scenes?). So it's been almost a year now.

To reply you must either login or sign up.