Forum › Citrus discussion

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

But again, the characters aren't emotionally mature. You guys are asking for bad writing that ignores their characterization just to have cuddling. This was never a story of cute love is a story of two broken people overcomijg their issues together.

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

^ all of this
I understand people are frustrated with this manga, so am I, but there's nothing we can do about except wait, hope for the best, or drop it...or in some cases threaten to drop it and come back after each update and bitch how it's going nowhere. I am about inbetween of hoping for the best and annoyed to death.
It's actually kinda amusing how people want deep, emotional connection between two high school girls with deep, emotional issues...in 8 months span...(ignoring the time skip here because that's confusing and wouldn't answer enough questions). Every experience in love and romance is different, if anything this is on the far end of the extreme of romance manga (which doesn't give us happy rainbow vanilla ending in 6 chapters).
Not to mention that neither one of them CAN get on the same page with each other, because misunderstandings everywhere, so YEP! Hopping into bed with each other is a perfect way to speed this train wreck along. And you call Citrus's plot ridiculous...still wanna see them finally fuck out their pent up aggression with each other, but can wait until their maturity level gets past the teen angst stage.

last edited at Dec 13, 2014 12:20PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

First, i don't think anyone here was talking about someone specifically, so there is no need to feel frustrated...it's just an generall observation. On the other hand, i've been seen all of this "hate" Citrus has been receiving, and personally i felt the need to beg to differ, because i disagree with all this hate and i (still) like Citrus quite lot (it's my fav but can't let you know ;P). But, i will have to insist that maybe there are comlains because people want them to just f'...Ok...

I understand that there are people who like drama and angst, and there others who will get frustrated and won't be able to handle it. But drama is the point of this manga, and it's been 13 chapters already, so i don't think author plans on magically changing it 180. Reading something is optional, so if someone really dislikes it and can't handle it, author won't come to your house at night and punish them if they decide to drop it :P
(Plus there is hentai too)

But again, the characters aren't emotionally mature. You guys are asking for bad writing that ignores their characterization just to have cuddling. This was never a story of cute love is a story of two broken people overcomijg their issues together.

I agree with you! This is not a cute love story, but an angsty and roller coster one. Well, that's why i like it. It's not just the art (which is great) but the extra depth of the characters too. I'm so bored of the classic yuri scenario where the protagonists always kiss or f' , calling each other 'cute' 'cute' and 'cute' again and again all the freaking time! Those scenarios feel so childish...

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

Funny part is: we can explain and point out all of this now, but once chapter 14 is here, the bashers will return with their same old...let's call them "arguments"... and nothing will have changed. Because hating on this manga has become a trend. And because people either are too naive or too impatient to understand that sometimes, for 2 lovers to finally get together, their love for one another just isn't enough. v.v

RARGH! LOVE TRIANGLE! CITRUS IS SHIT! NO PROGRESS! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ -post more insults here- RRAAAGGE! SABUROUTA! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) I'M DROPPING THIS! -returns next chapter to post exactly the same stuff-

It is with this level of maturity this manga is being treated. Quite frankly, it is getting boring. But then again, I guess sites like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or the more obvious abominations like 4chan have taught us, that you should never expect too much from the Internet.

last edited at Dec 14, 2014 3:20PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

RARGH! LOVE TRIANGLE! CITRUS IS SHIT! NO PROGRESS! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ -post more insults here- RRAAAGGE! SABUROUTA! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) I'M DROPPING THIS! -returns next chapter to post exactly the same stuff-

It is with this level of maturity this manga is being treated.

This is generalizing and exaggerating a little but you're mostly right. There are some people who aren't rabidly hating on the manga who do have legitimate criticism though. (In my case the time skip specifically just seemed completely unfitting. It just doesn't seem to me that Yuzu would actually be able to just ignore things like that for 1-2 months. Especially without some other incident happening due to that inability to just ignore things.)

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

While is true the timeskip came from the left field, I can buy Yuzu waiting that much hoping that things wilf fix themselves. Yuzu is incredibly insecure with anything Mei related and given that most of she knows about romance comes from romance mangas...

That is something very interesting on how Saburota is handling their relationship. New characters keep being added because Mei and Yuzu NEED of external factors to change themselves, something that happens to every one of us at that age.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That is something very interesting on how Saburota is handling their relationship. New characters keep being added because Mei and Yuzu NEED of external factors to change themselves, something that happens to every one of us at that age.

I can acept this, adding more characters to learn from them and growp up is totally okay! Too bad they can't just be friend, they will also get right into the storm so you can't help but think that things are gonna get pretty bad before getting things "right" .... Yuzu will fight with one of the sibblings? Is Mei going to keep being creepy? Yuzu's friend can't really help? those thoughts fly in my head.... But they're more like worries, there should be something positive at this point is what I'm saying. Maybe if there were any side couple I wouldn't be so focused on the poor Yuzu (I'm on Yuzu's side!).

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Is important to keep things sorted out though. So far most of the so called drama has been on your heads, guys. Yuzu never saw Matsuri as nothing more than her little sister while Mei just saw her as a bother. Matsuri tried to break them apart but none of the girls actually gave her that much of a thought (and before someone complaints, Mei going with Matsuri's demands is more because Mei's an odd mix of doormat with pride). Same as Himeko and chances are that the twins will get the same treatment.

I mean, you can't have a love triangle when only a side is interested on the fight.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

When Sarah was added, it was the first time that Yuzu mentioned being in love with a girl/ being gay. Maybe Sarah will show her thatn being gay is ok...Because, this issue has to be adressed too. I mean the fact that they are both girls.
And Sara looks like a genuine person, so i think we shouldn't jumb on the conclusions about a new "love triangle" so fast...Like it was stated before many times, it is not s real triangle if Yuzu (or Mei) are not not really interested for the third person. Plus, Himeko and Matsuri haven't been so bad at the end, so I don't get what is so frustrating about new characters as I don't consider them a threat to the main couple.

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

Is important to keep things sorted out though. So far most of the so called drama has been on your heads, guys. Yuzu never saw Matsuri as nothing more than her little sister while Mei just saw her as a bother. Matsuri tried to break them apart but none of the girls actually gave her that much of a thought (and before someone complaints, Mei going with Matsuri's demands is more because Mei's an odd mix of doormat with pride). Same as Himeko and chances are that the twins will get the same treatment.

I mean, you can't have a love triangle when only a side is interested on the fight.

Absolutely.

joined Dec 15, 2014

Can't wait for the next chapter. The timeskip though seemed quite unpleasant for us readers but I think for Yuzu and or Mei it's kind of a waiting/avoiding period when not even one of them tried to reach for the other and perhaps they had lived those months as they were before (excluding those feelings, drama, etc.)

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

This has nothing to do with the current discussion.

I just wanted to point out that Seven Seas has now published vol 1 of this in English. They are also scheduled to publish volume 2 on Apr 7 2015 and volume 3 on Aug 18 2015. I would suggest that anyone who likes this series or wants to see more published yuri in English should buy them. I just received volume 1 and and pre-ordered volumes 2 and 3 today. They are available at Amazon.com and other places.

Es1-3muwmamw-fl
joined Dec 20, 2014

Still waiting for the possible cheap trick Harumi falling for Yuzu to +1 to the drama

Or maybe I'm just a YuzuxHarumi fangirl dreaming for the impossible...

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Sounds unlikely, Harumi doesn't seem to have any lesbian tendencies.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Sounds unlikely, Harumi doesn't seem to have any lesbian tendencies.

And if any, I would prefer if she picks the girl with drils (I'm so bad with names... I even get yuzu and Mei confused), I mean the vice council.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Himeko.

Gotta admit, Himeko and Harumin would make quite the couple. Himeko all about following the rules while Harumi is more "lenient".

last edited at Dec 21, 2014 11:43AM

Es1-3muwmamw-fl
joined Dec 20, 2014

Well, I just really think the author plans something for Harumi. On some shots, she looks suspicious. I can feel something. She's too interesting to be a side char.

On the first chaps of this, thought it was gonna be a love triangle of MeiYuzuHarumi! xD ...just ignore this fangirl..... -_-

joined Dec 30, 2013

I just wanted to point out that Seven Seas has now published vol 1 of this in English. They are also scheduled to publish volume 2 on Apr 7 2015 and volume 3 on Aug 18 2015. I would suggest that anyone who likes this series or wants to see more published yuri in English should buy them. I just received volume 1 and and pre-ordered volumes 2 and 3 today. They are available at Amazon.com and other places.

Maybe it's a good time to delete the first couple chapters that comprises the 1st volume on this site.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Maybe it's a good time to delete the first couple chapters that comprises the 1st volume on this site.

I must agree

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I'm still waiting for my copy ;_;

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

"I...can't do it"
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU???!!!!

Well i think deep down we all knew that would happen.

Yuzu said that to Mei because if you look closely into her eyes at the moment. There was no love and Im pretty sure Mei was giving herself to Yuzu as a thank you instead of a I love you.
So end result, Yuzu rejected Mei and will wait for when it's the right time to do it again. (Damn that explaination took a lot out of me).

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Finally got my copy!!

And aside of changing Harumin's line of "this book show how girls have sex" I think the translation used makes certain points on the plot clearer. Yuzu for example makes clear that she's only lying about being interested on guys at the beginning, Mei's personality is also more direct and so on. Really pleased with it.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Say the printed version at Barnes & Nobles today, I have to say it was pretty cool! It also looked great in the physical form.

I also saw Kisses, Sighs, & Cherry Blossom Pink as well as Girl Friends. I must say, it was awesome to see them on the shelves.

joined Jan 31, 2013

I don't know if any of you have seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHbgHyYiivc . It seems to be just a PV for the manga but I really think those voices fit the characters well ... for an anime adaptation, hopefully :o

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

I would also think that scanlators should drop this title, as it has been licensed.

To reply you must either login or sign up.