Forum › Posts by Konetsu

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Hmm I think my favorite by far was the third one, but followed closely by the first one. The second one could turn out to be the funniest, just based on how the son reacted, and the smaller details on the extra pages (like the hearts in the JC's eyes lol). The first one might be a little more dramatic, and the third might be more romantic/fluffy.

I'm excited to see more.

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Glad I'm not the only one who thought something was missing. Well, the art was really cute but I just think there wasn't enough going on between them to really feel satisfied.

Hopefully a sequel gets made so we can see them interacting some more.

Konetsu
Pain discussion 06 Nov 23:51
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

It's canon in the light novels that Kimiko and Reina never get together but that's like the ending proposed in Shirobako (where Catherine dies and Aria gives up in failure) - it makes little sense given there's no chemistry between Kimiko and her male friend. And insane chemistry between Kimiko and Reina. Do people here think it's likely a 2nd season would yurify this series? I always thought the animated version of maria-same was a bit more yuri than the light novels.

On Edit: Even in the NOVELS they have NO chemistry. None. zero. she clearly just gets together with him to NOT BE GAY.

Well, now that everyone already knows Reina took some parts away from Shuuichi, Kyoani pretty much dug their own grave here. If we completely ignore the events of the novel and go by anime-canon, it wouldn't make much sense for Shuuichi to become Kumiko's important person with nothing to back it up.

It's likely they'll yurify the second season because it's what gave the first its charm and majority of its attention - and probably its sequel (sales included of course).

Konetsu
Stretch discussion 16 Oct 14:45
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Well, it's a not a terrible ending now that I've read it a few times. Not the one I wanted, but well, there's always hope for the extras. It was still a fantastic series whether or not it included yuri; after a while that wasn't really my priority or why I was reading the manga, just seeing Ran and Keiko's lives together was satisfying. Although a part of me wishes we had gotten much more than what was given, but I guess that's just up to us to imagine.

Based on the final two pages, it looks like Saki was texting them both, maybe inviting them somewhere or scheduling a get-together like usual. So that's probably what the extra is going to be about. Who knows.

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

"Did some of the eggshells get in again?"

Kaga is way too cute. Gah.

Konetsu
Citrus discussion 24 May 00:16
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Not a bad chapter! I really like how Yuzu is finally standing up for her feelings, instead of caving and waiting for something to happen. Nina has good intentions, but by letting her sister drag Mei along, she's just prolonging the inevitable heartbreak. :x

And lol Harumin. Stay best girl.

I didn't notice the bear was under a blanket! XD Mei is too adorable.

Konetsu
Magan&Danai discussion 16 May 00:19
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Couple of the year right there.

Konetsu
Stretch discussion 14 May 22:16
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

This chapter felt like a filler to me. Much like hot springs/day at the beach/pool episodes in anime. An opportunity for service and nothing much else.

I still enjoy Stretch very much, but as I said, I wish the story/relationship would move forward, instead of being frozen like this.

I disagree. We actually just learned this chapter how curious Keiko is of Ran's body - or rather, how comfortable she is with her. Considering she groped Ran out of the blue and walked in on her in the sauna and was just like, "Close your legs." Instead of overreacting. So it's a step forward for her character, since we just know her as the stickler of the two.

And they went out! They're finally out of that apartment and doing other things like going to yakitori (without Keiko questioning Ran's sanity). I personally would love if they explored the city more often than just seeming to be just roommates.

Good chapter!

Konetsu
Citrus discussion 02 Mar 03:38
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I'm happy Yuzu took a chance to confess, but I think she did it as such an inconvenient time (she was still getting the cold shoulder) that Mei just couldn't take it to heart like Yuzu expected. I think Mei is processing it like this: Yuzu rejects me > we don't talk for 2 (?) months > she says she loves me?! SHUT DOWN. DOES NOT COMPUTE.

It was also probably Mei's fault for that 2 month long bout of silence between the two of them as well. Not just Yuzu's. If anything, I'm thinking they did talk but none of their conversations were about what happened that night.

The one thing that we gotta remember as well is that Yuzu did not 'reject' Mei. If anything it was by her love that she refused to accept Mei's sexual advances, because Yuzu doesn't want Mei's body, she want Mei. She can't just accept Mei for her body because she knows she's worth more than that, and in the heat of the moment just had to stop herself from getting carried away.

That's what I meant; Mei is interpreting it that way, I believe. She thinks Yuzu rejected her "love", because Mei still thinks physical attraction = love, when in reality that's not true. So because of that, she shut Yuzu out and is acting like nothing happened. I'm pretty sure Yuzu WANTS to sit down and talk to her about it, and has attempted to do so in this chapter, but at this point we know it's not going to work, because it never has. She literally has to become aggressive in her actions to make Mei understand, just like Matsuri did to make Mei realize she felt something for Yuzu.

Remember a few chapters ago? Where Mei tells Yuzu, "I want you to need me" which makes her mad? I think that's why she's smiling when Sara says "of course!" to her question. Someone has finally told her they NEED her in their life, so that's probably why she accepted her confession and not Yuzu's. She thinks her father never needed her; her grandfather never needed her; and now she thinks Yuzu doesn't need her because of her "rejection."

Mei is actually pretty screwed up...

Konetsu
Citrus discussion 01 Mar 17:31
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I'm a bit confused at Nina actions. she knows Mei has a thing for Yuzu and yet, she encouraged Sara.

Eh, I mean they are sisters, so it would be pretty odd for her to straight up tell her sister to give up right?

damn it, so damn embarrassed that I couldn't buy volume 1 in the store >_<" cuz of the cover... just so shy :v sigh online instead......

Right?! Oh my god I was so embarrassed to go up to the register with Citrus, so I bought a different manga and just ordered Citrus on Amazon. xD

I'm with all you guys who are rooting for Harumin. Easily best girl. I wish we got more of her and Matsuri. And Himeko. Hell, all the other girls need some more screen time.

I'm happy Yuzu took a chance to confess, but I think she did it as such an inconvenient time (she was still getting the cold shoulder) that Mei just couldn't take it to heart like Yuzu expected. I think Mei is processing it like this: Yuzu rejects me > we don't talk for 2 (?) months > she says she loves me?! SHUT DOWN. DOES NOT COMPUTE.

last edited at Mar 1, 2015 5:31PM

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

For Shirobako, Aoi x Yano is my headcanon.

Ha, same here. It's really the only yuri I wish would happen in the show. Erika is so supportive and knows Myamori so well. I love their relationship.

As for Cross Ange, I didn't want to watch it after seeing the odd OP animation.

But Witch Craft Works is worth the read/watch. I'm currently following the US volume releases, but so far I've liked what I've read a lot. It's almost too easy to forget the protagonist is male.

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I'm trying to be patient and wait for it to be uploaded on Dynasty, but I really want to know what happens next. :x Where is everybody reading this?

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

@otakuJin:

Oh nono. Maaru is my way of saying Maasa/Meru. XD Maasa is the rich one. Right?! I'd much have rather had the story be about her!

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 1:44AM

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I didn't know Dynasty could be so hostile about a manga before. It makes me not want to venture into these forums again.

That's actually rather less nice than most of the hostility you're complaining about. Most of the people are badmouthing a fictional character. You're dissing actual people. Most of the people are dissing someone for a serious betrayal. You're saying anyone who does a little rant is so awful you don't want to associate with such trash ever again!
So yeah, if you wanna flounce, flounce, but I don't think that horse is as high as you think it is. Of course, "Oh dear! I feel like leaving! (but here's some long paragraphs about my POV)" isn't hugely convincing as an exit line.

I'm just talking about this specific topic, for a time. I didn't word my sentence correctly, but I mean I didn't want to come back while the fire is still hot and the rage is fresh. I'm fine with reading explanations on what the characters have done wrong because the story isn't perfect. I'm not acting like it is. But for a while I've felt like I've become those generic SAO fanboys everyone talks about; I'd just rather step away than get into useless arguments. Dynasty is a great place, don't get me wrong I love it here, I just find myself disliking it when everyone seems to be negative.

And I wasn't saying Sachi is flawless, or that what she's done is good and Ruki should feel honored, hell no. I can see where the negatives about her are in this chapter. Just because I say it's beautiful doesn't mean I think it's a happy ending; it's beautiful in the sense that it's realistic. Ruki is that timid person that will continue running back to Sachi because she loves her and doesn't know why, just like those people who can't get out of abusive relationships. Sachi doesn't have to apologize because she knows Ruki will accept anything she says for the sake of her feelings. It's unhealthily realistic and that's why I love it. I guess this makes me a bad person.

Honestly, I'm more interested in Maaru lol. It's more interesting and healthy and I care for it a lot more than Ruki/Sachi. I had hoped for a Remi/Ruki end, but if this drama is over and we see some Maaru progress I'm cool with it.

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I didn't know Dynasty could be so hostile about a manga before. It makes me not want to venture into these forums again.

ColonalCat pretty much gets it head on. Sachi doesn't show remorse because she found something about herself during her fling with Remi, and she shouldn't be sorry about it. She can be the strong and assertive type of person instead of being so submissive, whereas Ruki has always been timid and fragile - there was no way she was ever going to be the strong person she wants to be. Sachi doesn't apologize because there's nothing to apologize for; she knows what she did hurt Ruki, and in a way her revealing this information is almost like an apology without the bland "I'm sorry"s. She wants that cleared up, and wants Ruki to know all of it before they even step into becoming girlfriends.

Sleeping with Remi, she pretty much comes to a conclusion that she can make her own decisions - she doesn't need another person telling her what to do, dragging her around and her just putting up with it. Instead, she wants to be the person her lover can rely on. Ruki doesn't know why she loves her, and this is a huge thing Remi explains in chapter (two?), where she says they never know who they'll fall in love with. It just happens. Once they realize it, they're in way too deep in to get out so easily. That's why she accepts Sachi's explanation.

It isn't until she sees Ruki desperately trying to scramble the perfect date, and then crying when they get lost, that she knows she's the shoulder Ruki needs. That she needs to take charge and make Ruki happy, not the other way around. When she asks her sister if she's okay with her having a girlfriend, I see that as a huge important part of Sachi's growth as a person. If she kept it a secret and pretended like they were friends, sure, you can call her an asshole. But she doesn't; she wants to make sure her family is fine with it.

This was a beautiful chapter and a huge step forward for Sachi. I'm disappointed a lot of you can't see that.

last edited at Feb 22, 2015 5:42PM

Konetsu
Citrus discussion 22 Feb 05:08
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I feel so bad for reading the Spanish translation... but I couldn't help it. Being bilingual is pretty handy.

But dammit do I want to break someone's face in right now. Just agggh.

And seriously, there's no need to be so impatient. It's pretty much the end of February; the chapter should come out within a few weeks. I'd rather see a polished, high quality chapter that was worth the wait, than something that was rushed and thrown out in a week for the sake of convenience.

Konetsu
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Page 16 is my favorite. Those hearts in her eyes~

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

So heartwarming. I enjoyed this a lot.

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

While perfect Justice doesn't exist on the real world, people isn't that stupid and passive. Specially on a group of friends like the protagonists.

As for realism, well, realistically at least one of the girls would've called Remi on her bullshit and ditch her by now.

Hm... I don't know, for a while now it's been evident that the girls have been kinda parting ways with Remi without saying anything.

While she hasn't exactly ditched her or stood up to her (other than this latest chapter I guess), Ruki doesn't actively go out on a limb to interact with Remi. I mean, even Meru doesn't seem to be as close to her anymore, now that she has Maasa and her secretary thing going. As for Asuna, we hardly see what she's up to now, but maybe she's focusing all her attention on the daycare; either way she hasn't been seen with Remi in a while.

So while they haven't caused a scene to call Remi out on her actions, they're slowly growing out of the little clique they initially were in at the beginning and moving on with their lives. Maybe they just don't feel it's necessary to confront someone they know is never gonna change. If not for Sachi, I think Remi would be completely alone (with the exception of her booty calls, but I think that's a different matter altogether).

last edited at Feb 6, 2015 4:35PM

Konetsu
Kase-san discussion 06 Feb 04:23
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I see, so this is a newer version! I could have sworn I read a different one, and I was really confused for a second there.

But this one is a lot better, I liked how Yamada's insecurity lied actually in the fact that she's embarrassed of her own body, rather than having seen Kase's.

Agggh Kase-san needs an anime... it'd be the cutest SoL yuri out there...

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

You guys seriously need to chill. If you're that upset over a manga, please move on to other series you have an interest in. It's getting increasingly frustrating reading such comments on a manga I genuinely like.

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Well, Ruki sleeping with Remi was a one-time thing an entire year ago. Not only that, but she considers it a mistake. It shouldn't even matter to Sachi, especially since she's doing the same thing, repeatedly over the course of a month. It'd be extremely hypocritical of her to get mad at Ruki.

Maybe... Sachi is sleeping with Remi to get herself to love the woman body? If what Remi says is true, and Sachi is straight, then there would be no point in continually having sex with another woman unless there's a reason she does it. Unless Remi just makes her feel secure; she has been the only person Sachi confides in lately.

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Wait, what? You're all going on about how Sachi cheated on Ruki, but... were they even dating? From what I remember, Ruki confessed to her, they've had sex once and that's it?

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I don't necessarily love Remi (I do like her), but... it's not really her fault that all these girls open up to her, tell her their problems and exploit themselves when they know exactly the type of person she is. Through the whole series, when one of the girls has a problem or vents, Remi is always, always, always there listening to them, to push them into making stupid decisions, or to give them wrong advice. They don't have to listen to her, but for some reason, they just do.

Sachi is especially stupid as shit. She just lets Remi do what she wants with her, and this chapter makes it twice when she tries to confide in her, but is swayed in another direction by Remi's little plans (First, it was changing the subject to clothes and makeup, this time it's sex). She lets Remi shove into her head that they're all bad people, and what they're doing is just experimenting. Even after breaking up with Ryuu (who ends up being a pretty nice guy, but she lets Remi guide her to stupidly ruin their friendship potential), nothing's changed and she's still a doormat.

And the worst thing is, she's content with being that way. She even basically states that having freedom to do what she wants has caused her to become confused, and she doesn't know what she wants in life. Of course, she's telling this to Remi, of all people.

In chapter 11 (I think), Remi is shown listening to Fue and Ruki's conversation about Sachi's mark. She brings it up in their conversation this chapter, because she knows it bugs Ruki but doesn't say anything about it, since it can be brought up later to ruin Sachi and Ruki's friendship further. Remi literally knows everything going on, and uses it to her advantage. However, I also think she might have feelings for Ruki, but really doesn't know how to love her, so she messes with her in the worst ways.

That's why she's pretty much the deuteragonist. And a damn good one at that.

AHHHH. I just looked at the books Meru dropped. She is totally aiming to become Maasa's secretary. Calling it now. OTP headcanon confirmed.

last edited at Feb 5, 2015 7:44AM

Konetsu
Their Story discussion 30 Jan 02:39
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

^^ Actually, I think it's just his nickname based on the first update, when he's tattling to the teacher about what they're doing out in the hallway (when they're supposed to be punished).

It's the same reason Qi Fang is called "Mophead." There's nothing special behind it, his hair is just a messy mop. xD