Forum › The Witch's Marriage discussion

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Skywallker posted:

why would she wonder what a wedding is but know what a wedding dress is? are they using some obscure word or alternative spelling in the original language?

The chapter is still free on comic walker right now so I checked out the raws (I don't know if they'll do the thing where after a certain amount of time or chapters older ones will become locked, although it does seem to be normal for the first three or so to stay free): https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_KS12202158010000_68
And no, they just use the regular word for marriage unobscured in any way so it's just a bit of a plot hole unless this:

I’m waiting for the plot twist in which Tanya is actually an experienced witch unlike the naive and weak witch Melissa thinks she is lol

actually turns out to be true lol

I think she is asking wth a wedding is in relation to magic

Yeah, that's my take as well. She was confused because she couldn't figure out how the concept of a "wedding" has anything to do with magic, and presumably didn't want to make any assumptions.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Forget it, Melissa. You have already lost.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Yeah, that's my take as well. She was confused because she couldn't figure out how the concept of a "wedding" has anything to do with magic, and presumably didn't want to make any assumptions.

Which rather raised questions about her education though, as judging by Melissa's internal exposition on the topic this should be Witchcraft 101 tier common knowledge...

joined Jul 23, 2019

I’m waiting for the plot twist in which Tanya is actually an experienced witch unlike the naive and weak witch Melissa thinks she is lol

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

I just wish the ending is extra sweet! Like, Melissa learning that her true augmented power is been ONE with Tanya (the power of love? something....) or that, because the door "knows" Melissa's true intentions, it won't let her get more power and she then learns what a real bond is :) and have a tradicional wedding :))))))!!!

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

do you also think that the wedding ritual is having sex and drifting to the other side is reaching an orgasm??))

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Skywallker posted:

why would she wonder what a wedding is but know what a wedding dress is? are they using some obscure word or alternative spelling in the original language?

The chapter is still free on comic walker right now so I checked out the raws (I don't know if they'll do the thing where after a certain amount of time or chapters older ones will become locked, although it does seem to be normal for the first three or so to stay free): https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_KS12202158010000_68
And no, they just use the regular word for marriage unobscured in any way so it's just a bit of a plot hole unless this:

actually turns out to be true lol

I think she is asking wth a wedding is in relation to magic

The words used here are "結婚 (kekkon)", "結婚式 (kekkonshiki)", and "花嫁衣装 (hanayome ishou)", translated into "Marriage", "Wedding", and "Wedding Dress" here respectively. If translated more literally, they would be "Marriage", "Marriage ceremony" and "Bridal Gown". Even with these, "hanayome" is pretty much inseparable from "kekkon", so eh. If you read into it more, Tanya does in fact wonder about the implications of a "wedding" with regards to their current relationship.

last edited at Apr 15, 2021 6:26AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The problem of the chapter probably stems from the fact that the concept somehow needed to be explained to the reader and the only real way of doing that is one of the characters having it explained to them. I suppose they could have gone the "AS YOU KNOW, ..." route, but that tends to be clunky and annoying, too.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Realization just football tackled her. Looks like the ritual is actually going to end with matching shells.

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

that blush on the last page is perfection.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I confess at first I was wondering why the young one didn''t have animal ears

Dy
joined May 3, 2020

oh my god so cute and her blush <3 <3

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Sheesh what a nightmare huh. Can't have that kind of happiness no siree

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

So what are the odds the Witch's Marriage only works right when they actually love each other? 110%? 150%?

urbs Uploader
Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

That outfit is top notch, smokin’ hot.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Right, right, the old "they somehow met in the past" thing ... pssh.

__toshinou_kyouko_yuru_yuri_drawn_by_namori__943f8c23512b1acef28d53ce169c5909
joined Apr 24, 2020

I want—NEED the anime

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

Reminds me of Emma from The Promised Neverland.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

To be fair, it's a little more than that. It kind of looks like the kid has been aiming for both witchcraft and her ever since then, and may have specifically sought her out to apprentice to her based on that meeting. So rather than "The apprentice co-incidentally also met the witch in the past" it's more like "A past chance meeting was what created the entire plot". Which is no more unlikely than "A chance ending-up-as-apprentice nearer the present was what created the plot".
Still an old shoujo romance schtick.

Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

the little one really reminds me of tutu

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

To be fair, it's a little more than that. It kind of looks like the kid has been aiming for both witchcraft and her ever since then, and may have specifically sought her out to apprentice to her based on that meeting. So rather than "The apprentice co-incidentally also met the witch in the past" it's more like "A past chance meeting was what created the entire plot". Which is no more unlikely than "A chance ending-up-as-apprentice nearer the present was what created the plot".
Still an old shoujo romance schtick.

Yeah and personally I think it's cute. Who wouldn't want to marry and learn magic from the witch that saved their puppy?

joined Nov 21, 2018

"Raised their magical power together", I see how it is.

Reminds me of Emma from The Promised Neverland.

The cute cow lick she has on top of her head reminded me of her too lol

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

Wth,so cute

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

It's all cute but what will happen if she knew the witch is "using her"(then falls for her)

To reply you must either login or sign up.