Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Does anyone know if there is actual yuri later on? Do Rei and Claire end up together ? Just asking because chapter 7 left a bad taste and I don't want to waste my time with garbage

I've been trying to keep as spoiler free as possible, but all the reviews I've read point to yes. Erica Friedman (a yuri expert and blogger) has given it high ratings. Here's the link for the volume 2 review (spoiler free) where she gives the yuri ranking a 10/10: https://okazu.yuricon.com/2021/01/08/im-in-love-with-the-villainess-volume-2/

Also, the cover of novel volume 3 has their adopted children on it.

joined Oct 11, 2019

Does anyone know if there is actual yuri later on? Do Rei and Claire end up together ? Just asking because chapter 7 left a bad taste and I don't want to waste my time with garbage

I read the LN, they very much do, don't worry. It'll be a minute though, especially at this pace.

last edited at Mar 16, 2021 3:29AM

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

I want that head maid to choke me and tell me I'm naughty UwU~

t6e1mediumtank
joined Feb 9, 2021

I've been trying to keep as spoiler free as possible, but all the reviews I've read point to yes. Erica Friedman (a yuri expert and blogger) has given it high ratings. Here's the link for the volume 2 review (spoiler free) where she gives the yuri ranking a 10/10: https://okazu.yuricon.com/2021/01/08/im-in-love-with-the-villainess-volume-2/

Yessssssssss!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!! c::::

t6e1mediumtank
joined Feb 9, 2021

I read the LN, they very much do, don't worry. It'll be a minute though, especially at this pace.

c:

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Yea this is a full enemies-lovers slowburn with an entire actual plot

joined Jun 6, 2020

Also they go a lot more into Rei later and basically the entire series is intended to be a lot more metaphorical for coming out in Japan and the absolutely shit gay people get treated like in Japan

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Also they go a lot more into Rei later and basically the entire series is intended to be a lot more metaphorical for coming out in Japan and the absolutely shit gay people get treated like in Japan

That would be great...if it wasn't for Shador posting that major spoiler twist that somehow makes this a entire sci-fi story with gods, clones, and timeloops kinda making the message pretty damn pointless cause they retroactively changed that...and I don't believe that was the intention of the writer considering that spoiler was written years later afterwards. In the context of the story anyway. Obviously in real life yeah Japan has major freaking issues.

last edited at Mar 16, 2021 11:16AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Norainhere posted:

Thanks so much to Nyashi for allowing us to continue hosting this series! We'll once again be following the serialized chapters as they're released!

Oh, so did Gucci Gang officially drop this series? Oh well.

That is what I was told, yes. I'm not privy to reasons or anything, but we're glad to be able to pick up where they left off at least.

last edited at Mar 16, 2021 2:16PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

The Academy Knights originally wasn't mentioned until a bit later, so them talking about it now is more build-up than anything else

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_favor_the_villainess_ch08#28

Sword fighting knights, roses, a floating upside down castle in the sky, REVOLUTION?! Am I in the right manga here?

I do hope the outfits from the Utena page there get some more screentime in the revolution or empire arcs

last edited at Mar 16, 2021 3:20PM

Ezisrudvkaylvds
joined Jan 19, 2021

Thanks so much to Nyashi for allowing us to continue hosting this series! We'll once again be following the serialized chapters as they're released!

Ganbatte scanlator, your work is not unappreciated.

Thank you very much!

Also I'm not quite sure on bucci gang's stance on anything, i checked in with them asking if it was cool for me to pick the series up and i got the ok

last edited at Mar 16, 2021 3:26PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Sounds very encouraging. I remember reading somewhere that Rei takes a backseat on future chapters because she feels Claire would never end up loving her back so she tries to play cupid between her and the prince she likes in several chapters, so thats why i kinda dropped this series, but if the manga doesn't deviate too much from the LN, then i guess i'll start reading it again.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

commentator posted:

Erica Friedman (a yuri expert and blogger) has given it high ratings.

I wouldn't call her yuri expert, since she's incredibly biased and said things that are straight wrong, so I don't really trust her opinion.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

commentator posted:

Erica Friedman (a yuri expert and blogger) has given it high ratings.

I wouldn't call her yuri expert, since she's incredibly biased and said things that are straight wrong, so I don't really trust her opinion.

One notable example of her being wrong is Futaribeya. Never really read Friedman, but I remember relatively recently re-reading a 2019 conversation in the Futaribeya thread that did include comments on her.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I'd call Friedman a yuri expert and go as far as to say that if she doesn't meet your criteria then no one will. I may not always agree with her on what is good or not, but she has been in the yuri scene longer, is more well-read in terms of yuri, and is more connected to yuri creators than likely anyone else. She even tours and gives lectures on yuri and queer identity in the US and Japan. I can't really say much else since I don't know what she said about a room for two or what her bias is, but I would expect a reviewer to have their own opinions and tastes.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I'd call Friedman a yuri expert and go as far as to say that if she doesn't meet your criteria then no one will. I may not always agree with her on what is good or not, but she has been in the yuri scene longer, is more well-read in terms of yuri, and is more connected to yuri creators than likely anyone else. She even tours and gives lectures on yuri and queer identity in the US and Japan. I can't really say much else since I don't know what she said about a room for two or what her bias is, but I would expect a reviewer to have their own opinions and tastes.

I've been down with Yuricon since the early days. When Erica gives an opinion it's her OPINION. She's not chasing trends or clickbaiting. Even if I don't agree with her on something, I trust where she's coming from.

joined Jun 6, 2020

That would be great...if it wasn't for Shador posting that major spoiler twist that somehow makes this a entire sci-fi story with gods, clones, and timeloops kinda making the message pretty damn pointless cause they retroactively changed that...and I don't believe that was the intention of the writer considering that spoiler was written years later afterwards. In the context of the story anyway. Obviously in real life yeah Japan has major freaking issues.

They were fucking with you

joined Jan 3, 2020

I seriously doubt this manga will continue past the end of Arc 1 of the WN. That's basically Rei and Claire's story and the plot of Revolution. So all that stuff in the spoilers earlier is extremely unlikely to be relevant.

As to another comment's concern, there's some metaphor with reality's LGBT issues, and even some trans representation and discussion but outside one big argument with a couple nuns about whether or not homosexuality is bad, it doesn't play a big role. Ultimately, this is a romance story and a 'kingdom in revolution' story and nothing beyond those two things gets a very significant amount of time spent on it.

last edited at Mar 17, 2021 1:27AM

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

I seriously doubt this manga will continue past the end of Arc 1 of the WN. That's basically Rei and Claire's story and the plot of Revolution. So all that stuff in the spoilers earlier is extremely unlikely to be relevant.

Is there a way for you to highlight, without using any real spoilers, on what the rest of the WN is about if the story of Rei, Claire and the plot of the "game" are already resolved by Arc 1?

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

I don't have a problem with this story and most of its characters, probably because I suck for tsunderes, my main gripe is the main character, her every speech/dialogue is so predictable I can see it coming from miles away, at the top of my head I can't name an specific character, but I've seen many male MCs with the same mentality she has, can't quite put my finger on it but the way she talks like she has much life knowledge, and her absolute uncalled/unrequited love for the tsundere is so off-putting to me, and why the heck she's this world in the first place?
Anyway, just my opinion. Just wish people would post less spoilers, my mouse accidentally clicked in one of them and was so frustrating.

joined Mar 8, 2020

After reading the latest few chapters of the WN, i just kinda hope the Light Novel don't go that way honestly, because is too fucking much lmao, and while i kinda enjoy the manga, i just look at it in a different way now because of it

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I love this manga so much, it's honestly one of my faves. I do hope it does stick to the LN (because damn it will be a long journey!) though at times in the LN the MC is a little too much with the jokes, but that's OK because I don't think we're supposed to like her at these times? As it's just a front on how she doesn't expect her feelings to be reciprocated so just laughs it off. But anyway, I love it, glad this is back here again!

Img-20200607-wa0340
joined Mar 17, 2021

Excuse me where i can get the japanese raws?

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

If you find it painful to read you don't need to force yourslef to read it only for the yuri.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

...I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, but I'm also absolutely sure that none of that stuff is in the original story.

last edited at Mar 17, 2021 9:10AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.