Forum › Stretch discussion

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

I like it, a story about two women finding happines between eachother without the relationship being a romantic one.
Personally, it was obvious that Ran was into Keiko (the hints where all over the place) yet it was also very clear that Keiko never swing that way. So instead of breaking their friendship with needless drama, they stayed as that, friends. And nothing bad went from it.

I mean, yeah they no longer live together, but how many of us have to live besides a friend to enjoy them?

A tale about finding happiness and moving forward with the help of friends, what's not to love?

Also: streching tips!

last edited at Jan 21, 2020 7:57PM

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Sigh lol. Just because two girls are together on a cover does not mean that the work is about romance... I thought this was a beautiful piece about two friends who share a positive relationship. Don’t trash talk the series because you wanted to get all horny watching em kiss or whatever :-(

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I'm with Pyoro.

It wasn't so much the lack of relationship consummation per se, but just a rather damp ending--and not in a good lesbian-moisture way.

^ pretty much this

joined Jul 26, 2019

In any case the end is completely missed. Too bad there were some good moments but the author did not assume and therefore is criticized harshly.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Lol read it , expected some development because of the NSFW tags in the LAST Volume, gets my heart broken because you really grow an attachment to the characters and are especially sad because of Ran , good story, good characters, good text beautiful art but bad ending ( not because of the lack of yuri) was ready to make it into one of my all time favorite mangas I would alwayw come back to.... but not like that .

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I'm with Pyoro.

It wasn't so much the lack of relationship consummation per se, but just a rather damp ending--and not in a good lesbian-moisture way.

^ pretty much this

The chemistry behind the two characters is pretty great as well, and not in the "we're just best friends" type of way, in my opinion. There's quite some subtext he's willing to give us, just not all the way-- I guess.

Kinda feels like a missed opportunity-- I like the dynamic between the two, and the history behind the two makes this seem like a very nice set up for a relationship.

last edited at Mar 5, 2021 9:02PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

With a very special day right around the corner, I couldn't help but recall Troid's excellent April 1st release back while Stretch was running. I'm kinda bummed that it's not on the site anymore, and that there's no series nowadays any similar joke works for...

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I just read this for the first time and it was fun while it lasted... but rather than being mad at the ending I'm mostly confused... why did they move, actually? I was half expecting that Keiko reconciled with her ex-boyfriend or whatever, that would actually make some sense even if people wouldn't like it... but the author took time to explicitly show that this wasn't the case, so I'm absolutely clueless why would they both move if they both said they wish they stayed together longer.

Did I miss something at the end, am I just stupid?

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 2:49PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

b58 posted:

I just read this for the first time and it was fun while it lasted... but rather than being mad at the ending I'm mostly confused... why did they move, actually? I was half expecting that Keiko reconciled with her ex-boyfriend or whatever, that would actually make some sense even if people wouldn't like it... but the author took time to explicitly show that this wasn't the case, so I'm absolutely clueless why would they both move if they both said they wish they stayed together longer.

Did I miss something at the end, am I just stupid?

Nope, you didn't miss anything. The ending just sorta happens. It's never explained, and none of the major plot points (that I can recall) weave into the ending or even get much resolution on their own. At the time, response was significantly negative, due to how it has this feeling of, "Well, I guess it's over??"

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The author must be partly "online" now, so I wish he'd go back and finish Prism. Unless it's been taken from him or something.

Lecture De Cendre
joined May 10, 2021

Wow. I cried, never expected to end just like that

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I finally read it at one go. Other than Kuon in Implicity, Ran is now my favorite Higashiyama Show's character. You literally can see where Ichika is based on.

Clipboard%20image%20(3)
joined Nov 11, 2018

Rereading in 2023 it's as good to me as I remember. I feel like the possibility that the serialization was simply cancelled with three months left to wrap up is overlooked when discussing this series. It doesn't strike me as "bait" so much as a slice of life series wherein the leads have explicit feelings for one another that simply never came to fruition due to the rushed nature of the ending. It's not a satisfying conclusion to be sure, but the criticism I see in this thread whenever I return to it seems way too harsh.

To reply you must either login or sign up.