Forum › Stretch discussion

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Remembering this still kinda pisses me off.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

What unholy creature featured this abomination?!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I bet it was Nezchan. It is well known that she enjoys tormenting us all. ~nod nod~ ;)

last edited at Jul 11, 2019 9:00PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

You don't like super friendship ? Nice avatar btw.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I bet it was Nezchan. It is well known that she enjoys tormenting us all. ~nod nod~ ;)

I admit nothing!

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

Look! Up in the sky!
It's a bird!
It's a plane!
No...It's SUPER FRIENDSHIP!!!

Ryokoayeka2
joined Sep 6, 2017

don't click on features got it!

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Nooooo why is this "Featured Series"??

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

This is a Featured Series. Therefore, it must be a really memorable yuri manga worth reading....r-right?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

This is a Featured Series. Therefore, it must be a really memorable yuri manga worth reading....r-right?

Well... it's certainly memorable....

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

shadesofgreymoon posted:

Well... it's certainly memorable....

I lot of people still remember it to this day... and can't forget, for better or worse.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Did people really hate this one because of the Yuribait, even if it's a pretty good manga ?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It just annoyed me that the end didn't resolve anything after teasing all sorts of complex backstories and developments. The "yuribait" part ... meeh, it's not one of those criminal "bait and switch" cases, so it didn't be bother me that much ^^

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Did people really hate this one because of the Yuribait, even if it's a pretty good manga ?

Yes.

There are good reasons to criticize the ending on other terms, but most people are just mad that there wasn't a blatantly lesbian finish.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm with Pyoro.

It wasn't so much the lack of relationship consummation per se, but just a rather damp ending--and not in a good lesbian-moisture way.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

There are good reasons to criticize the ending on other terms, but most people are just mad that there wasn't a blatantly lesbian finish.

There's few worse sins tbf

joined Apr 1, 2014

Should be deleted and never spoken of again. That's what you get for trusting an art plagiarizer.

last edited at Jul 14, 2019 3:14PM

Feelstiredweirdman.1jpg
joined Jul 1, 2018

I expected a yuri even if it isn't tagged yuri. So this one gets a 3/10 out of me. Nothing exceptional about this. If you wanna waste time reading about two girls doing absolutely nothing in an "adult setting". However I found the entire serie naive. That's about it. Don't waste time reading this sh*t

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I expected a yuri even if it isn't tagged yuri. So this one gets a 3/10 out of me. Nothing exceptional about this. If you wanna waste time reading about two girls doing absolutely nothing in an "adult setting". However I found the entire serie naive. That's about it. Don't waste time reading this sh*t

I sugger you to do the opposite, never expect yuri if it's not tagged as such.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Way to entirely miss the point of the story.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

So many of these comments act like this manga gathered their family members all in a row and shot them execution style

Or, maybe that's Happy End

last edited at Jul 16, 2019 2:28AM

joined Mar 29, 2019

Just awful. If it was yuri it would've been one of the best. Ever. We know this artist is great with yuri.

Just girls hanging out in an apartment...no love interest (I would've taken het for sure!). So nothing interesting happens. They're just lame the whole time.

And the art is so good and the writing is good. But nothing interesting happens the whole time, I was just on the edge of my seat waiting to see it become a yuri. Halfway through I knew it wouldn't be because I peaked at the comments...but it was a dagger because the series is so good.

Such a disappointment. But I'm sure the guy needed the money, he wasn't going to say no. (I think it's a he)

Generally a hollow read. Amazing potential with no follow through.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Gibfady posted:

no love interest (I would've taken het for sure!). So nothing interesting happens.

So story needs romance to be interesting?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Gibfady posted:

no love interest (I would've taken het for sure!). So nothing interesting happens.

So story needs romance to be interesting?

He gets readers involved with the two women, and makes them care what happens, and then utterly breaks the younger one's heart. It's a very bleak end. She's still drinking a lot every day, still coming on to men for her living, still obsessed wth her sempai, still mourning her father, etc. Also, there's no real resolution for the older one, either. Her and her ex are still kicking themselves, there's not the faintest chance they'll get together, she's not ever been interested in any other man, and she abandoned her best chance to find love with another woman. And she still hates her mother and she's still afraid her mental illness - schizophrenia?? - will come back to haunt her.

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Even without yuri, it was nice to see a friendship like that where they helped each other so much. That said, they were obviously crushing on each other the whole time, but it doesn't change the fact that their time together changed the course of their lives for the better.

To reply you must either login or sign up.