Forum › Posts by MagiTheLion

joined Jul 22, 2014

I did go through something similar for quite a while and I didn't realize how much I hurt my friends and my partner with the words i've been saying to convey my feelings for several months now.

At some point my friends where asking a lot of questions and truly sit us down to talk. I made my partner and my friends cry with my words which i didn't expect. And only after my partner confessed she thinks I will break up with her (even though we've been together for 7 years and planning to marry ), did it dawn on me. My friend also just frankly saying that I'm being extremely pessimistic and unfair kinda did it too. It broke some kind of downward spiral i was on.

It also took a lot of pushing from me to get my partner to be honest and telling me her true uncomfortable worries. I was really pushy and by yuri commenters standards it would be called toxic and over the line for not backing down. it was the first time that i heard her say anything like that for a very long time and it reset my brain. I really needed her to be honest to me and I wasn't capable to settle down with anything less.

I genuinely couldn't realize that by putting myself down I put the people closest to me down as well. But also my partner needed to learn to be honest, that your partner deserves honesty even if its uncomfortable.

I feel like the manga wants to convey this kind of story. I dont know where it begins to be toxic but it took "not supporting my convictions" and "being pushy" to get to a better place. (also therapy would be really nice lol)

MagiTheLion
joined Jul 22, 2014

So no, forming opinions about fictional people as if they were real is what you are supposed to do

we should form opinions about fictional characters as if they were work of fiction. Yes, they simulate real life human experience but an enjoyable Character / good character is not the same as a real life good person/ enjoyable person. We need antagonists, we need villians, we need fictional characters that manipulate, that we cant trust, that we disagree with so that the story becomes interesting, so that there is room for development and conflict and to keep us on our toes. So yes, you can like kaokao for her deceptive skills and selfish motivations because they further the story. I happen to enjoy bullies in stories a lot and even more dynamics with other characters that get the upper hand over them. i dont need them redeemed. I enjoy them for all the toxic traits, i would never like in a real life person. -> these traits in real life people hurt actual people and have real consequences. To use the same energy and moral ground to judge a fictional character would be excessively exhausting for me. I'd rather accept that this character exists in this story or just stop reading the story if it would actually trigger negative emotions that hurt my mental health.

Like isnt it a bit exhausting to take everything personally that a fictional character did?
For me personally, I dont think KaoKao is done super great, maybe because over the years things shift and you lose consistency. But then i'll just enjoy the parts without thinking too deep about everything that happened before. And the latest chapter was super nice!

MagiTheLion
joined Jul 22, 2014
Fhormg3veaamxyr

slime girls never disappoint

joined Jul 22, 2014

Maybe the Witch is also bound by a system who made her drug evie with a sleeping potion?

joined Jul 22, 2014

do we get a "there is only one bed" trope next chapter?

joined Jul 22, 2014

Mitsuki please, I can't deal with those piercing green eyes....

exactly my thought

MagiTheLion
joined Jul 22, 2014

I absolutely adore protagonists like Luoluo, they're so much fun. There's something about watching selfish, scummy, dirtbag characters that's just immensely enjoyable.

Whether or not Luoluo really is any of those things (I see where you're coming from, I also see why some would disagree) I'm totally on your side about scummy dirtbag characters! A good chunk of my favorite manga right now have main charas who are absolute SCUM and I love every bit of their stories. They're so much fun to read! :D

i can only agree, its so much fun to read !

joined Jul 22, 2014

the art, the story everything is already so great and i love it already, cant wait for more! Thanks to the artist for existing and whoever translates these and uploads them here!! <3

joined Jul 22, 2014

i love the style and the premise so much. <3

MagiTheLion
Ui & Yaaya discussion 10 Feb 17:12
joined Jul 22, 2014

i love his art style soo much, i wonder if it takes another ten years until virgins empire gets this far sigh

joined Jul 22, 2014

Damn kinda makes me want to go to a brothel myself lol - not just that, take a friend with me and have a dinner after that to talk about it. Thats peak friendship activities.

Chapter 4 was so cuute! For whatever reason this manga really does it for me lol

MagiTheLion
Sal Jiang discussion 29 Jul 17:55
joined Jul 22, 2014

I think Sal is really neat, I dig the adult life, i love the art style , the humour and story

MagiTheLion
Stretch discussion 14 Jul 15:14
joined Jul 22, 2014

Lol read it , expected some development because of the NSFW tags in the LAST Volume, gets my heart broken because you really grow an attachment to the characters and are especially sad because of Ran , good story, good characters, good text beautiful art but bad ending ( not because of the lack of yuri) was ready to make it into one of my all time favorite mangas I would alwayw come back to.... but not like that .

MagiTheLion
joined Jul 22, 2014

I know drama on its way but look at that face on page 100 so beautiful ///

joined Jul 22, 2014

this is funny because exactly this happened to me and my friends, my friends panicked so much that they kicked the birthday boy out of the group XD

MagiTheLion
Rub & Love discussion 16 Dec 19:51
joined Jul 22, 2014

this was very enjoyable and the art style is cute ^-^

MagiTheLion
joined Jul 22, 2014

glad to see many people with the same opinion, got excited at the tags but at the end I was just disappointed.
Usually, I dont mind the harassment when it is tagged as it or you know just painfully clear a manga thing you shouldn't do in real life but I really don't like it when it is sold as real BDSM

:/
(probably still gonna keep up with this cause im that much of a sucker)

MagiTheLion
joined Jul 22, 2014

This page though: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch40#10 .

Did anyone else's heart skip a beat?

Because mine totally did.

I know right * saves page*

joined Jul 22, 2014

I think it was a long since I last read something where the person is like " hurry up and touch me already" and I love it hahah

MagiTheLion
joined Jul 22, 2014

Tbh I was a little bit fangirl-ing when I saw Yurika crossdress. Not that I'm into dude but sometimes girls look cool dressing like that :3

I know riight?? My mind went blank for a second (because lets face it girls in suits are awesome -)

joined Jul 22, 2014

I laughed so hard at that panic reaction at the end. X'D What a plot twist! ! Great read!

MagiTheLion
joined Jul 22, 2014

I love this manga so much hahah so many good parts! That poor cursed straight lesbian goddess with the power of a gigolette...at least she learned to take advantages out of it ;P

'the power of gigolette ' scene only gets funnier to me xD