Forum › Stretch discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I, too, am pissed that he never delivered something neither he nor the publisher promised.

Yes, the ending was flawed, but my problem isn't that it wasn't sufficiently gay. It was that the idea of them moving pretty much came out of nowhere, even for people who were obsessively analyzing small implications in the story, dealt with the ex-boyfriend situation far too simply to be satisfying and off-camera to boot, and things with the mother never really were resolved but handwaved away instead. Generally speaking it was like he was in a rush to wrap things up and generally made a mess instead.

As to the gay, I've said it before that this feels like the end of the second act of a romance novel, where the woman who's been holding back from love separates herself from the situation and comes to realize that yes, she does return those feelings. Keiko's definitely the type who needs some solitude and time to work through her feelings, especially after working through her personal trauma. We're just missing them reuniting a year or whatever down the road and beginning a real relationship. I can handle not explicitly seeing that, since the door seems wide open to that storyline continuing. They're not together at the moment but they're both in each others' lives still while pursuing their goals, and neither seem interested in other relationships. Given that the narrative never was about a romance between the two of them, but rather Keiko exorcising her personal demons, the fact that there was subtext at all, with Ran making her feelings quite clear, was a bonus.

Do I wish there was a kiss and a confession and them having a HEA ending? Sure I do. But I figure not getting that is the least of the ending's sins.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

This is different from all the stories I've read. I like the creativity on how the physical fitness blended with the narrative. Quite informative and useful for an obese person like me. LOL.. Seriously though, the ending is promising but unsatisfying. It lacks engagement from the readers. It is almost like detached. I don't mind the slow pace because in return, I was entertsined by the crisp storytelling and light humor.

Edit: Thanks to Nevri for the suggestion. I hope I can find another works like this. :)

last edited at Nov 17, 2017 8:50PM

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

I miss Keiko and Ran so much. I wish we had either a proper development or at least more fluffy slice of life instead of this messy ending.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I curse you Timea817, for bringing this back up -_- ... this story hurts so good!

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

Lets do some stretches to alleviate the pain ;)

joined Feb 15, 2013

2018 AND I AM STILL ANGRY!!

Stretch could have filled in what Prism was left hang on. But the ending ended up screwing it up.

Just give up already Shou. Your beautiful art of girls but awfully meh of men, means you will either have to go back to hentai, or staying on mainstream with yuri. No choice.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Reeeeeeeee this manga brings back very bitter memories

Natakatakatakotokutoko
17991263_1693286334022315_8673416349553911903_n.png
joined Mar 15, 2018

I got diabetes

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I've got mixed feelings on the ending, but overall this was an enjoyable read.

Actually, Show promised a slice of life manga with roommates stretching. He delivered a slice of life manga with roommates stretching (one that was going pretty well until he fucked up the pace at the end). No yuri was promised, Stretch wasn't ever tagged as yuri (or even subtext) here. I don't understand why people can't let go about that...

I guess it wouldn't bug me as much if not for Ran's dream and the valentine's chocolates making it pretty clear she had feelings. If it had stayed just subtext it would be one thing, but it was crossing over into outright text just enough to sting

last edited at May 1, 2018 6:05PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I've recently had some issues with repetitive strain injury. So I decided to print some of those stretch-routines from the manga.

Now every time I see those stretch instructions I just remember the pain from the ending and forget all about any other issue I might have. Works perfectly; I feel much healthier already.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Waiting for the next year to come along so I can bitch about how I'm still angry in 2019 haha.
Tbh all in all this series had some memorable and honestly funny moments.
Still doesn't make up for everything else though.
Basically I agree with what Nezchan said smh.

last edited at Sep 3, 2018 12:16PM

__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_uguisu_mochi_ykss35__6c703c362e7ad06d13079154bccd4fae
joined Jul 11, 2017

I wish each chapter was marked by what exercises demonstrated because my back hurts too much to just look through all of them DX

Umi_smol
joined May 1, 2016

I'm a bit sad to see that most people (even in 2018 lol) got angry at that ending - though I suppose reading a manga for two years only for it to end this abruptly can be quite frustrating. That, and the few moments of subtext. But, honestly, when you read it in one go, that ending isn't all that bad, and the manga is really enjoyable.

I'd like to think of it that the author only wanted to show us a part of their life. People have their own troubles, their own life prospects, and though they both love each other a lot, supported one another during hard times, that's just how life goes. Doesn't mean that they can't remain SUPER friends - and potentially go out with each other, but that'd be a stretch for now. Though here and there I can clearly see bits of subtext from Ran, but I guess it's not enough for the manga (or the corresponding chapters) to have that tag.

But oh well. I wouldn't mind a sequel - tho it won't happen - with a more ... 'direct' plot. I mean, the manga was supposed to be only about stretching, so having actual plot with only a few pages per chapter felt weird.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Only “Happy End” surpasses the betrayal of readers’s expectations. May the Yuri Gods strike down the author! (Just kidding, I just won’t read any of author’s other stuff)

Hey, this should round out this thread section. Let’s put a final nail in this coffin and stop making comments on this dead series.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I rather liked the ending. Usually these long-running repetitive series finish up with some generic light-hearted bullshit—nothing changes, nothing is resolved. The author actually had the balls to write a proper conclusion.

Also, the ending is consistent with what little was presented throughout the story. They move in together during periods of instability in their lives. Their life together is a transient thing, their relationship a result of circumstance more than anything else. Their feelings are never presented as mutual love or anything like that.

This isn't a brilliant work of art. It's a manga presenting illustrated instructions on various stretches, with some underdeveloped story wrapped around it to contextualize the central gimmick. For the genre of underdeveloped stories wrapped around some gimmick, it was at least interesting.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Clueless1 posted:

Only “Happy End” surpasses the betrayal of readers’s expectations. May the Yuri Gods strike down the author! (Just kidding, I just won’t read any of author’s other stuff)

Hey, this should round out this thread section. Let’s put a final nail in this coffin and stop making comments on this dead series.

Thread was dead for 2 years, so if anything you just brought it back to live. If you just wanted to rant about ending, go ahead, but then don't write pretentious stuff like that.

EDIT/ My bad I looked at account's date instead of post's. Still my point stands.

last edited at Feb 7, 2019 5:14PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Actually, if you do all the stretches consecutively, an invisible yuri ending magically appears.

Or so I hear—I pulled a hamstring in one of the middle chapters and never did finish. lol

joined Jun 12, 2015

I'm mostly sad the author never mad any yuri after Prism

joined Jun 29, 2015

New Shou's manga is def yuri: https://sundaygx.com/sakuhin/sakkaInfo/vampires.html

Who gonna pick this up cuz im ready.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

"The little love story of a girl and a girl". And a vampire story at that.

Can't lie, it looks exciting.

Edit: skimmed the first chapter and whoa... that computer art.

And the relationship sure moved fast. From zero to waking up in the same bed.

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 2:23PM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I have to admit, you've got me hyped, Nyaa-chan. Couldn't help but read the chapter. Have to also admit, I'm looking forward to the next chapter now

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

A timely series, what with Bloodlines 2 recently being announced ... :x

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Bloodlines 2 recently being announced

*squees*

joined Jul 26, 2016

Bloodlines 2 recently being announced

*squees*

inb4 ME:A levels of QUALITY

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

"The little love story of a girl and a girl". And a vampire story at that.

Can't lie, it looks exciting.

Edit: skimmed the first chapter and whoa... that computer art.

First thoughts....
that shading on the third page though... scared me!

Then
what the hell, yikes, that blood scene

last edited at Mar 25, 2019 8:52PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.