Forum › Liberty discussion

joined Dec 21, 2016

Is this on hiatus?

There's a reason I translate a chapter every 3 months: it's because it comes out every 3 months. The next issue of Galette will come out later this month.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Truck-kun, we beseech thee—head-on, two fatalities.

You don’t absolutely need to also get Maki crossing the street, but—your choice.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer?"

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer?"

All life is suffering, sayeth the sage—but JFC.

Kiddyland_sailor_waddle_dee
joined Dec 16, 2018

Is this on hiatus?

There's a reason I translate a chapter every 3 months: it's because it comes out every 3 months. The next issue of Galette will come out later this month.

Major annoyance beyond anything anything else is it's quarterly updates, but the chapters are still pretty short and you feel like nothing sustantive has happened. Can we at least get 30 pages

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

Girlfriend cheated —> DUMP her
There’s a big chance she will do it again.
There’s really no excuse for having full on sex with her ex while she’s in a relationship with Maki. Then she felt horrible after doing it and plays the victim. Like WTF! Is Maki a joke to her?

joined Aug 10, 2016

at this point we only come here to see what new fuck ups are waiting for us, dont we?

joined Dec 21, 2016

There’s really no excuse for having full on sex with her ex while she’s in a relationship with Maki. Then she felt horrible after doing it and plays the victim. Like WTF! Is Maki a joke to her?

Maki doesn't know that Liz cheated, she thinks she was acting strange because she was risking her job over their relationship.
When the "revelation" chapter drops, oh boy...

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

at this point we only come here to see what new fuck ups are waiting for us, dont we?

And the biggest joke is that the last 2 chapters had literary no story progression. Liz playing the victim and Maki feeling bad over nothing. That's half a year of content... At least the next chapter will probably bring in some drama since they are both on the move, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got baited and they just miss running into each other. I guess we got to find out that Maki has no luck or agency in her relationships, but the author is letting the story breathe like someone who releases at least 20p/month, not 10p/3 months.

The best-case scenario would probably be about Liz talking with senpai in the car about whatever, them coming back to Liz's place, senpai kissing her or something when she's about to get out of the car, Liz turns around and Maki stand there. TBC.

last edited at Feb 22, 2021 1:11PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Maki doesn't know that Liz cheated, she thinks she was acting strange because she was risking her job over their relationship.
When the "revelation" chapter drops, oh boy...

If the story of Maki's previous relationship is anything to go by, there will be no "oh boy". She caught her former grillfriend red-handed and still took her back. In the end, that cheating grillfriend was the one who dumped Maki, not the other way around.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Is this on hiatus?

Major annoyance beyond anything anything else is it's quarterly updates

My friend, you are in luck. Unlike those big, yuri hime-shaped magazines where you need bigger publisher dollars to get more issues, Galette is an independently run magazine! "How does that make me lucky, that means Galette will never get those big publisher dollars by getting bought out by Kodansha," you say. "We'll never get Liberty to go from quarterly to bimonthly to monthly like Citrus," you also say. Well let me tell you dear reader, this magazine is supported directly by the readers and so you, personally, can make a difference in the frequency of your favorite series by donating to or supporting Galette on fanbox or fantia. Share their tweets amd comment on your love of Liberty to encourage more pages, it will only take a few people.

Just do not, under any circumstance, link the English version

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

That literally could have been condensed into 3 pages and had the same impact.
Maki is a doormat -> Liz makes dumb decision -> Car ride

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Doormat chan strikes again. Liz strikes again. Awaiting angsty chapter in maybe 3 more years

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

So she was already a pathetic simp even before the bitch came along?

God... Why is this manga so painfully annoying to read?

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This manga became so much more fun when I stopped reading it myself and started just reading people's reactions to it.

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

I will be satisfied with ANY ending that doesn't end with them together. Truck-kun getting either of em? OK. Sudden isekai? OK. Maki ending up with Liz's ex? OK. Aliens? OK. Maki waking up from a psychotic break cause she actually ran over Liz in the first chapter? My preferred ending. Hell, I never thought I'd say this but......I.......I would rather Maki end up with some random dude in an arranged marriage instead of staying with this girl (cause random dude has a higher chance of treating Maki with some semblance of respect than Liz ever will). There, I said it.

last edited at Feb 22, 2021 4:33PM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

you know what would be a really amazing story? where an ex shows up because they really wanted to try again, but when they find out the person is already in a new relationship, they gracefully lets go and wishes them happiness. why do exes always have to be such horrible people? lol. not all relationships end just cause the other person is a shitty person :X

edit: and ps liz has a terrible personality, and not just cause she cheated, but she's been treating maki like shit from the very start so i think her and her pos ex deserve each other. i'd love to see a maki x tsucchi instead!

last edited at Feb 22, 2021 5:31PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Maki waking up from a psychotic break cause she actually ran over Liz in the first chapter?

I like the way you think here. This has the advantage of rehabilitating the fact that I liked this series very much at the very beginning, so I wouldn’t be so ashamed of my past self for having been so thoroughly duped.

Plus as a bonus, Liz would be run over.

joined Dec 21, 2016

No one liked Tsucchi's return? Damn...

joined Jun 12, 2015

Good good. I want to see even more of Kita Izumi's twisted mind.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Slow. Too slow.
16 pages a chapter and a chapter every 3 months ain't enough for a narrative this slow.

joined Dec 8, 2019

This is perhaps the only manga I legitimately like to hate-read, mostly because I think it's hilarious the author seems to think she's endeared these characters to me, while actually having made me hate them irrationally. But it's even getting hard to enjoy the hate-reading with 12-page chapters coming out every 3 months in which absolutely nothing happens!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is perhaps the only manga I legitimately like to hate-read, mostly because I think it's hilarious the author seems to think she's endeared these characters to me, while actually having made me hate them irrationally. But it's even getting hard to enjoy the hate-reading with 12-page chapters coming out every 3 months in which absolutely nothing happens!

Yeah, I agree, while acknowledging that the desire for more or quicker installments pretty much embodies that old joke, “This food is terrible—and such small portions!”

But I think you’re quite right—lots of manga series feature dislikable characters, but creating such dreadful people who we’re obviously supposed to care about is a fairly rare achievement.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

I almost forgot this manga is ongoing. Still ongoing.

2%20-%20jmdagff
joined Aug 31, 2014

The attitude of the protagonists is making me desperate but I love drama :y so ...

To reply you must either login or sign up.