52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Oh nice

Hino1
joined Nov 17, 2018

hauhuauhuha this is hilarious

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I started reading the webnovel for the yuri, but Rei was what really made it work for me. Her relationship with Claire is fine- nothing groundbreaking, typical long-term reward fluffy tsundere conquering- but I feel like the webnovel's best parts are when Rei just takes some time to sit down and introspect about class politics, social norms and her own identity within a new world. The author could've just written a 100% yuri version of Bakarina and the fans would've lapped it up, but there's so much more that this story has to offer. It's very willing to examine its own tropes and talk about real-world issues both within and beyond the lens of a fantasy setting, and Rei is honestly one of the best takes on your standard otome isekai protagonist I've ever seen (and not just because she's gay). I'm loving the manga so far, and I hope it doesn't cut out the more introspective and personal sections like so many LN adaptations often do.

I absolutely agree. I also love [CRITICAL SPOILERS] the places where genre is broken, and Rei gets called the fuck out for acting like an anime character/gag character to hide her feelings. Their relationship is largely unsatisfying, but the LN as a whole feels like a breath of fresh air, stepping outside of typical Japanese media frameworks and genre tropes to hit you with some insightful realness. [vague-allusion-to-future-event spoiler] They touch on trans people!! In a good and positive way!!! I was like, "holy shit this is crazy, I didn't expect that at all!"

Everybody who likes this at all should for sure read/buy the WN/LN. It's really good, not just as a yuri fan, and it has an awareness that I would describe as queer and up to date, not just a yuri-genre thing.

last edited at Oct 22, 2020 3:52AM

joined Jul 1, 2018

I absolutely agree. I also love [CRITICAL SPOILERS]

You have to use two of == to black out the text, if that was your intention.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Seriously guys, there's a post formatting guide pinned...

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I absolutely agree. I also love [CRITICAL SPOILERS]

You have to use two of == to black out the text, if that was your intention.

I am the fucking dumb. I specifically went and read the format post and then messed this up. It is now fixed.

last edited at Oct 22, 2020 3:53AM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

damn I guess this is my guilty pleasure now

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

"Prince Rodd, other than Lady Claire, I'm not interested in anybody else."
She tried xD She really tried. If this actually worked this manga would be so much shorter. Also mood.

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

i’m not even gonna lie, i just read the entire series from like 11pm to 4am, and i am so hyped for the manga now. at first i was pretty skeptical cause i thought rei was kinda annoying as an mc and the story was pretty dry. wow was a wrong, when you get further in you realize how much depth there is to the characters and just the story and world in general. i won’t spoil anything but if you’re considering skipping this one i HIGHLY advise you don’t, it will probably exceed every expectation you have so far. at least it did for me

TheLastSuperSaiyan87
joined Jan 4, 2016

So just got into reading this and I have to say I love it, but from what I understand there is...

A Light Novel, A Manga Version and also a Sequel right? I know the LN is getting an English release, think the chances of the manga version getting a English release is possible? And what's the name of the sequel?

last edited at Nov 2, 2020 9:56PM

Bsys
joined Jun 22, 2019

@Alice Cheshire, Thank you very much!

joined Jun 25, 2017

Can anyone help? I'm new to this fandom. I want to buy the light novel volume 1 in english on amazon but I'm so confused... Is it the same as the manga??? Just a novel??? And I'm guessing the manga isn't out in english yet for purchase?

joined Jun 25, 2017

Also, anyone know when chapter 5 will be translated? I saw the raws on another site posted a month ago?

Bsys
joined Jun 22, 2019

Can anyone help? I'm new to this fandom. I want to buy the light novel volume 1 in english on amazon but I'm so confused... Is it the same as the manga??? Just a novel??? And I'm guessing the manga isn't out in english yet for purchase?

The novel version seems to have been picked up by Seven Seas for english publishing, so it might be for sale. It's probably mostly the same, but any kind adaptation will usually differ somewhat to play to it's mediums strength.

And no I don't think we usually ever know when a scanlator brings new chapters out, as they just do it whenever they feel like working on it.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

https://www.anime-japan.jp/main/ajranking/
So, the author is asking people on Twitter to use the above survey to ask for an anime of it.

In the first space is for the manga's title 私の推しは悪役令嬢。and the second one is for the author's name いのり。

last edited at Nov 24, 2020 5:49PM

Bsys
joined Jun 22, 2019

^I did it, it's very easy, only takes a few second.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

The English version is on Amazon as an ebook and as a paperback. I believe the digital version of book 2 might be out in January, but the paperback comes out in February. The manga has not yet been announced for localization, and it may be contested as Kadokawa owns the manga rights but Seven Seas is doing the light novel.

Regarding the raws, chapter 5 is out (from the December Yuri Hime), but a new chapter did not come out in the January Yuri Hime. It's probably being worked on but may be lower priority because of the wait for chapter 6. It also may have been sniped? Aoi Shoujo Scans looks like it's been running around sniping works and mentioned they were doing this one, but I'm not sure if they're uploading their works anywhere

last edited at Nov 25, 2020 8:54PM

joined Oct 20, 2019

Regarding the raws, chapter 5 is out (from the December Yuri Hime), but a new chapter did not come out in the January Yuri Hime. It's probably being worked on but may be lower priority because of the wait for chapter 6. It also may have been sniped? Aoi Shoujo Scans looks like it's been running around sniping works and mentioned they were doing this one, but I'm not sure if they're uploading their works anywhere

Hi, maybe I can help you with this. I'm the translator of Aoi Shoujo Scan.
Chapter 6 didn't come out because they released the first volume. When they release a volume, there's no new chapter.
Also, I'm only working on the Italian version of this manga. Bucci Gang is the group working on the English version.
I reassured some people that were afraid this was going to be abandoned.... if Bucci Gang decides to drop the project, I'll probably do also the English version, but I'm not going to steal any project.
As of now, they're still working on it, so please wait for them.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Hi, maybe I can help you with this. I'm the translator of Aoi Shoujo Scan.
Chapter 6 didn't come out because they released the first volume. When they release a volume, there's no new chapter.
Also, I'm only working on the Italian version of this manga. Bucci Gang is the group working on the English version.
I reassured some people that were afraid this was going to be abandoned.... if Bucci Gang decides to drop the project, I'll probably do also the English version, but I'm not going to steal any project.
As of now, they're still working on it, so please wait for them.

Thank you! I don't have a facebook, so I couldn't really dig into the details. My apologies for the accusation.

And heh, I know all about Yuri Hime's breaks for volume releases. It makes it much harder to retroactively tag chapter releases to the appropriate edition of Yuri Hime here.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I feel like now we're starting this for real

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

It's heeeere! I was waiting for the English scanlation of this chapter for a while. This chapter is an adaptation of chapter 10 and 11 of the web novel. Some extra dialogue and narration was cut out to fit it all, such as the dressing scene at the very beginning, but Rei's nosebleed works just as well lol.

The one scene I love the most is at the very end, with Rei leaning over Claire in bed. The dialogue's the same as in the web novel and light novel, but her position is new, and is just such a power move. Being able to see Claire blush like that too, as well as earlier in the chapter, really help get across just how much Rei's slowly winner her over. Very nice.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Ah yes, more steamy moments, and in more ways than one.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

It's nice to see a mildly more mature side of Rei. She still looks hilariously out of place in the maid outfit, though. Those gremlin expressions really just scream 'kinky cosplay' instead of 'household help', which is very much in line with how video game characters look when you put them in costumes that aren't part of their regular character design.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

It's nice to see a mildly more mature side of Rei. She still looks hilariously out of place in the maid outfit, though. Those gremlin expressions really just scream 'kinky cosplay' instead of 'household help', which is very much in line with how video game characters look when you put them in costumes that aren't part of their regular character design.

Rei would be into kinky maid cosplay, despite working as an actual maid. Claire probably would be too

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Immediately thought of this song during the last 3 pages.

To reply you must either login or sign up.