Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I thought this was licensed by Seven Seas or is it just the light novel version?

It's just the light novel.

Wait Rei died? I thought she just got sucked into the game.

I think this might be a translation mistake; the original web novel chapter covering this didn't mention her dying at all and the Italian translation says "previous life" (vita precedente) instead. If anyone has access to the raws, that should clear this up.

(Translator of the second part of the web novel here)

She frequently calls it her “past life” and “previous world”, and I believe that is all she ever refers to it as in the first part, but IIRC, there was a single mention in part 2 of her believing that she had actually reincarnated instead of it being transmigration.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Also isn't Hamefura is Yuri Bait? Bakarina end up with Geordo* (the prince). Falling for him in vol.5? l

Wait, seriously? That's disapointing, given the entire tone of the first part of the anime and it's opening.

Unless Rei's fanfic is an AU fic, she probably doesn't die.

Not sure what you mean but Rei's fan fic that we never find anything about, has no bearing on the story. The world is following the story of the game Rei was a fan of- but with changes ofcourse since she now has knowlege she shouldnt.

In this chapter she says her fanfic was about Claire making a life for herself after the events of the game. While we don't know much more than that, it does imply that Clair survives the original game, in at least some of the routes.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Ah, I see what he was saying- there is no way to know if there was a route where claire survives in the game or if Reis fanfic WAS AU- but I get the impression that in the game, she normally or always dies.

But it doesn't really matter if her fic was based on a game route or was AU, in terms of what will happen in the actual story, because they are not stuck to exactly following any route.

last edited at Sep 13, 2020 4:36PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Seira Im more inclined to think she transfered to the new world just in mind- or spirit- like perhaps she died shortly after that last memmory and that made it happen. Or perhaps she lived a full life then died, but doesn't remember the rest? Or maybe she died WHEN her mind left to go to the new world? Because there was already a rei taylor here she clearly didnt come over physically. And I doubt her husk of a body is laying about on life support on our world. When she says previous life I really get the impression the old one is over for good- either as a previous life or a transmigration just as the story starts that killed her old body.

I think basically none of the possible answers is free from flaws or issues, so the author deliberatly wants to leave it vauge, and Im fine with that.

last edited at Sep 13, 2020 4:49PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

@Seira Im more inclined to think she transfered to the new world just in mind- or spirit- like perhaps she died shortly after that last memmory and that made it happen. Or perhaps she lived a full life then died, but doesn't remember the rest? Or maybe she died WHEN her mind left to go to the new world? Because there was already a rei taylor here she clearly didnt come over physically. And I doubt her husk of a body is laying about on life support on our world. When she says previous life I really get the impression the old one is over for good- either as a previous life or a transmigration just as the story starts that killed her old body.

I think basically none of the possible answers is free from flaws or issues, so the author deliberatly wants to leave it vauge, and Im fine with that.

Well, it’ll all be revealed in the next 2-3 chapters in the web novel, so look forward to them :^)

joined Jun 17, 2018

Also isn't Hamefura is Yuri Bait? Bakarina end up with Geordo* (the prince). Falling for him in vol.5? l

Wait, seriously? That's disapointing, given the entire tone of the first part of the anime and it's opening.

I think it's too soon to get disappointed now. Hamefura is ongoing so anything can happen. Het may be leading now, but it's possible the author will grant us a surprise yuri ending, making this series Het Bait instead. Admittedly the possibility is low, yet not too low to give up hope.

joined Jul 8, 2020

I think it's too soon to get disappointed now. Hamefura is ongoing so anything can happen. Het may be leading now, but it's possible the author will grant us a surprise yuri ending, making this series Het Bait instead. Admittedly the possibility is low, yet not too low to give up hope.

Like Rei said, never give up hope until the last moment lol Hameyuri all the way

joined Sep 13, 2020

uwu

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Like Rei said, never give up hope until the last moment lol Hameyuri all the way

As the famous trope in mapping says - "Hope is the last thing that dies."

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Seira I actually stopped reading at the end of part 1- not because its not great but, i thought the follow on might risk messing up what was a great place to leave it, with stuff like killing off characters I like or breaking them up, or something truley crappy like an end where she wakes up in the real world and it was all a dream..

I was intending to wait till it was all finished and try get some feedback without spoilers as to if i would be safe to read the rest without ending up wishing I hadnt.

joined Jul 17, 2020

超级抖m

joined Jun 28, 2020

I'm currently reading the novel, and I just want to say it gets more interesting. Damn, I want them to be together so badly.
I want a Rei in my life too.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

The digital version of the light novel is out in English! There were a few name and translation changes from the webnovel but overall it's mostly the same, with the addition of an extra story that helps connect the last part of the novel with future stuff.

If you're enjoying the manga, you should definitely check out the light novel. There's also going to be a physical version, which will be released on November 10.

joined Sep 21, 2020

Can you guys send me the password so I can access the light novel's chapter "First Night"? It's on jingletranslation site. I tried subscribing to Inori but pixivfanbox won't allow me to use my card. I tried through paypal and direct credit card, it won't work. It left me no choice

joined Jun 28, 2020

I tried subscribing to Inori but pixivfanbox won't allow me to use my card. I tried through paypal and direct credit card, it won't work. It left me no choice

That also happened to me. I tried subscribing to her pixivfanbox through paypal but it didn't work, but when I tried on her ko-fi (through paypal also) somehow it worked.

last edited at Sep 26, 2020 1:11PM

Bsys
joined Jun 22, 2019

Confessing at the wrong time is a death centance in Otome games isn't it, not off to a good start, but this is hillarious, I'm totally with MC, Claire is best girl. Roomy and maid are cute too tho. Surprisingly I'm glad the otome harem guys showed up, as I thought it might be intersting how they would play a part in this impossible secret route.

When I saw the first page about managdex I went over there, but for some reason the pages there where pixilated, so I came back here.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yuzuchii posted:

Confessing at the wrong time is a death centance in Otome games isn't it, not off to a good start, but this is hillarious, I'm totally with MC, Claire is best girl. Roomy and maid are cute too tho. Surprisingly I'm glad the otome harem guys showed up, as I thought it might be intersting how they would play a part in this impossible secret route.

When I saw the first page about managdex I went over there, but for some reason the pages there where pixilated, so I came back here.

Go into your reader settings and disable the data saver option. By default they compress images to save bandwidth for both themselves and mobile users.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Rodd sure is smug for someone who can only lend one helping hand

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

LMAO

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

This cracked me up more than it should've, and my mom hasn't even woken up yet!

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

He was supposed to use one for spanking people's girlfriends and the other for high-fives, but then realized he was in a yuri story and nobly made an adjustment.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I'm sure Rodd gives the best high fives. After all, they say that when you lose one sense, your body compensates by heightening your others.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

[Favoring of the villainess intensifies]

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Blackmail opens all doors.

To reply you must either login or sign up.