Forum › Adachi and Shimamura discussion

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

All the hate is making me sad T_T

Me, too. It‘s not even making me just sad, but also angry.

last edited at Dec 11, 2019 12:46AM

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Patpat.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Not all blossoming romance stories should have definitive closure (i.e. an obligatory coitus chapter, implied or explicit or bombastic exchange of I-love-you's). All I can see here is Sakura Adachi somehow coming to terms with what she needs to do with Hougetsu Shimamura. She's obviously happy, so there's that.

Shrugs shoulders noncommittally.

last edited at Dec 11, 2019 2:16AM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Patpat.

^_^

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

TBH, because, having read some spoiler comments in this thread, I already knew that it got axed and a non-definite ending, so I lowered my expectations, yet STILL got disappointed. But whatever. I could check either the LN, or Moke ver., or both sometime these days (not before re-reading some manga I'm very keen on reading in the following days tho, lol)

joined Mar 18, 2018

I don't understand why people still read something if they don't enjoy it? I mean did they seriously spend 10 months reading it only to then complain about it? if ya don't like it that's fine, but why not just read something you enjoy more instead?

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Kinda disappointed it got axed at a point like this, but still a nice story.

iirc the first time they meet in their hiding spot they did tell each others full name but both of them forgot about them since they weren't paying attention at each other yet. At least Shimamura did but Adachi forgot cause the Shimamura name caught her attention more or something like that.

Basically. Shimamura commented that it was like the store, so it's the part that stuck with Adachi, IIRC. Her first name didn't leave as much of an impression, Hougetsu is not exactly a noteworthy name after all.

What is the LN???

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/adachi_and_shimamura_novel
Go read iiiiit! This adaptation ended at the end of volume 3. I think it's worth reading through the parts already covered with the manga, but you decide, you should be able to follow the story well regardless (Yashiro is pretty much the only part of the story that the manga really fails to convey, I'd say, but adjusting to LN!Yashiro shouldn't be a problem). If you want to read the bonus stories (about Yashiro+Shimamura's sister and Hino+Nagafuji) though you may want to go back, they start from volume 2 at the end of each chapter and are not covered in the manga.

About the side stories, I think it could be useful if they counted as separate chapters here on Dynasty.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

When a nice manga ends suddenly like that somewhere cries a lil kitty (
Don't do that ;(

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Huh, why did this one get the axe anyway?

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I dunno when this was drawn exactly but it was probably during the time when people of Japan were less accepting of yuri and yaoi than they are now. The same reason why there weren't as many long standing yuri serials up until this decade and why even Morinaga Milk's GF was axed.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

why even Morinaga Milk's GF was axed.

First time i heard of that. For real ? Because tbh,GF don't feel axed at all.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I dunno when this was drawn exactly but it was probably during the time when people of Japan were less accepting of yuri and yaoi than they are now. The same reason why there weren't as many long standing yuri serials up until this decade and why even Morinaga Milk's GF was axed.

It's not that. The original manga first released in 2016 and ended in 2017 and it was originally published online. At least, that's according to the Wiki.

So my guess is that that's all they were contracted to release and it just didn't get picked back up again/extended.

I can't read Japanese anywhere well enough to be able to dig for confirmation of my guess, though, so I may be wrong.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

AzuraeLyonheart posted:

It’s not just bad yuri, it’s a terrible story, dialogues, scenario. Everything! Ugh.

Don’t just leave nasty comments because you didn’t like how it ended. If you read it all the way through, you obviously had things you liked about it. At least say something like “it would have been better if this happened,” or “I wish they had done this.”
I for one loved the characters, though I do wish we had gotten a confession or realization of love scene.

He/she is allowed their opinion, it was not nasty. All i see here is your lack of respect for their opinion and forcing your words down their throat. The ended was sh*t, end of, the story was fine, looked like a really nice build up, lots of anticipation but left with disappointment and a final chapter which was pretty poor.

That wasn't being disrespectful, if you go to a forum you have to expect and be able to handle replies, criticism and discussion... Who on their right mind would read (for several months) something that they consider terrible in every way possible? Of course there's no one! it was just their unfulfilled expectations crashing down doing the talking there... Is just sad to say those things at this point, they had all the chances to leave before if they really feel that it was bad from the start.

And well I just feel bad for the people who are not actively participating in the discussion, it's been know like from the very start that this manga wasn't going to continue the story, that there's a LN and that we even have a second manga catching up and an anime announcement. I almost feel shocked that people are shocked but I know not everyone has the time to read the whole thread. I just hope those nasty comments don't show up in the other manga or the anime discussion like "I Saw the manga, the ending is horrible!!" comments like that shows that they only care about their own opinion.

I bet the anime it's gonna cover this and beyond before the Moke version xP Also thanks for continuing this work, I don't want to read the light novel yet, I just like seeing the drawings too much!

last edited at Dec 15, 2019 12:19AM

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

Wish there was at least a little progress in their relationship with each other, but overall was still cute and wholesome. Guess Ill reread the other version now

BigUselessLesbianBean
joined Apr 23, 2019

This is how it ends??? Cute and heartwarming, but I'm feeling just a bit unfulfilled!!! >_<

Screenshot_2020-05-19%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20a%20love%20letter%20for%20the%20marching%20puppy%20ch15
joined Mar 17, 2020

I heard that they going to make an anime from this

joined May 11, 2020

New chapters. Yes yes yes

1477465_586288244777401_27136011_n
joined Dec 15, 2013

I heard that they going to make an anime from this

Yes! Here's one of the PVs

joined Oct 22, 2018

Is it just me, or is Shimamura much gayer in the anime?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

You've just forgotten how gay she was in the first chapters.

joined Jun 7, 2019

and we love to see our useless lesbian like that

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Is this the final chapter?? I am liking the anime, they both are gayer, but the manga is really sweet, though if this is the actual end, I'd had tagged it "subtext" and not "yuri". I hope there's more to come T_T

joined Oct 22, 2018

Is this the final chapter?? I am liking the anime, they both are gayer, but the manga is really sweet, though if this is the actual end, I'd had tagged it "subtext" and not "yuri". I hope there's more to come T_T

Sorry, it got the axe. If you're not against the text tag, pick up the ln (he says, fully aware that he's only read volume 1 of the ln thus far)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Sorry, it got the axe. If you're not against the text tag, pick up the ln (he says, fully aware that he's only read volume 1 of the ln thus far)

And there's also the new manga version.

joined Dec 27, 2020

If the anime adaptation follows this version of the series and not the LN i just might kill myself

I wonder if he is still alive.

To reply you must either login or sign up.