Forum › Adachi and Shimamura discussion

Minami
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't really know what you expected. We already know that this version was cut short to 3 volumes and will probably not end on them getting together given how late in the LN they did get together.. The ending was fairly predictable if you were reading the LN alongside this version.

Sonya
joined Aug 22, 2014

Wait that's it?

joined Mar 18, 2018

It's really sad to see it go. It has been such a great ride...
I really did love this one quite the bit. And i know this was suppose to be a one-sided crush/love but i cant hel but to think that Shimamura really never thought about Adachi as more than a friend... And for as much as i wish i was wrong here, I don't really think they will become a couple... and i can't help but to feel sorry for her.
And i know that the novel is still going on (I'm only a handfull of chapters in) but i cant help but hoping that Shimamura starts to ponder her own feelings for Adachi in the later chapters or that Adachi take's a chance and confesses.
I think that a lot of people can actually sympathies with this story. while a lot of mangas tend to be over the top on a lot of things, this always feelt more down to earth, and i appreciate that.

Also this qoute...

...It's too real

last edited at Dec 10, 2019 4:18AM

joined Jan 13, 2019

(krusty voice) what the hell was THAT

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And so it ends and the wait starts for the new version to catch up and continue past this point.

Well, at least Adachi jumping in joy with the sakura petals around her is depicted slightly better than in the entirely petal-less LN illustration here, but I still hope the new manga will further improve on this, the LN text painted such a great picture of it, the actual images so far fail to do it any justice.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

JUST A REMINDER TO EVERYONE THAT THIS WAS JUST THE END OF THE ORIGINAL MANGA RUN THAT WE ALL ALREADY KNEW ENDED AT THIS POINT

We're still gonna keep releasing the new ("Moke") version as it's released as well as the LN so not all is lost!

That said, I still prefer this softer art style, so I will miss it.

last edited at Dec 10, 2019 4:58AM

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

For anyone feeling sad that this is the end, it is not. There is still the Moke ver. of the manga and of course the LN (best way to see just how gay Adachi is for Shimamura btw) that continues past this part, oh and let's not forget the anime coming in 2020. I was already hyped for the anime but when I saw our two MC's voice actresses I was as giddy as can be so now I'm super hyped.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

let's not forget the anime coming in 2020. I was already hyped for the anime but when I saw our two MC's voice actresses I was as giddy as can be so now I'm super hyped.

I have not looked at any of the information on the anime or seiyuu really... it still feels really weird to me that I'm volunteering a little help to fan-release a yuri that has both a light novel and manga(s) and now suddenly has a license for the light novel release coming next year PLUS an anime. It's very "wow" to me and that wow factor is making me keep myself in suspense. I think the last time I felt so strange was when Cartoon Network picked up the English dub of Inuyasha while I was still actively helping release the fansub every week. (Yes yes I know I just totally dated myself there.)

BUT I DIGRESS.

AdaShima still lives so no worries!

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

So this is how it ends, I'm okay with it,
Trough I hoped it was more than a one side love,
And maybe a kiss would be nice.
Still storyline wise nice ending

8e4c5a4a-a7f3-4e3d-96e7-fccb070290a8
joined Oct 16, 2019

Since I‘m reading the novel I had no big expectations for the end, which is why I‘m not disappointed. I really loved Mani‘s art style, it‘s really cute and full of expression, something that I miss about Moke‘s version quite a bit. There goes the first manga adaption. For the time being we can "only" look forward anymore to Moke‘s ver. and the Light Novel until a third contender - the anime - joins the triple AdaShima content again.

D8nmo9pwwaaygjd
joined Sep 3, 2019

If the anime adaptation follows this version of the series and not the LN i just might kill myself

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Why all the good manga have to get axed? I know that we're getting an Anime and a new manga but still, I really fell in love with Mani's storytelling and art. Moke version is a joke in comparasion. I wish they allowed Mani to continue the manga instead.. It's really sad but at least there's still the light novel translation going on and even though I'm not expecting much from the anime, I hope at least it would be as good as this manga.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

ok

joined Feb 19, 2016

I feel like I've just wasted a bunch of time

Heart_of_gold%20avatar%20smol
joined Mar 21, 2019

It's sad that the manga had to end so prematurely, but it was still an enjoyable read. I look forward to reading the light novels once those start releasing in english next year.

last edited at Dec 10, 2019 11:51AM

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Well, that was great.
I kinda fell in love with this one. Probably wouldn't have read the LN otherwise, I tend to not be interested in those, but it was o so worth it. AdaShima is love, AdaShima is life, or something. Thank you so much for the hard work. <3

Of course the LN wasn't written with the assumption the manga adaptation would end early, so it's not that satsfying an end. But I think it couldn't have ended at any better moment; you get the end of a very important arc, name reveals, and get a resolution on the ever-present question of whether or not they end up in the same class. I said it last time, but I hope the anime ends at the same place, if it's one cour. Which... Man do I want half a year of animated cute gay Adachi, but let's not indulge in impossible fantasies.

I've been loving this art but as far as manga adaptations are concerned, I'm still excited for Moke's. It's been adapting things under a different light (and at times skipping over stuff) and I must wonder how it will be once it catches up with this one. Regardless, more AdaShima is always good in my book.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

wait is this over????? what gives?? i was waiting for them to get together??????

Smk_compress
joined Jan 16, 2017

That was adorable, and ends in a pretty light but also kinda painful way. Really wish this version got a proper full run, absolutely love the art here, and the pacing feels much more relaxed, which I appreciate. Oh well, here's looking forward to the LN translations and the newer manga!

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I knew it got axed or whatever, so I tried not to expect too much, but if Shimamura JUST learned Adachi's other name, then yeah, they have no future together. But still, I definitely will miss this one and hope to see more from Mani

joined Feb 18, 2015

I love the fact that neither of them knew the other's given name until they'd been really close friends for a long time and, in Adachi's case, well after she'd fallen in love.

84e6a6e7-57b4-46e6-b387-5a9bd44d45ef
joined Oct 10, 2014

Adachi was too cute in that panel my heart almost died

Adashima%20%207q
joined Mar 29, 2019

iirc the first time they meet in their hiding spot they did tell each others full name but both of them forgot about them since they weren't paying attention at each other yet. At least Shimamura did but Adachi forgot cause the Shimamura name caught her attention more or something like that.

Anyway, while I am personally in the camp that does enjoy the second manga and absolutely enjoys the LN more than either manga, I am still glad I read this one, it was how I found AdaShima in the first place and while it has it's flaws I also enjoy it's take in the story.

the LN text painted such a great picture of it, the actual images so far fail to do it any justice.

yeah I agree, a handful of times it feels like the images don't really show well what was described

last edited at Dec 10, 2019 2:01PM

joined Apr 26, 2014

What is the LN???

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

iirc the first time they meet in their hiding spot they did tell each others full name but both of them forgot about them since they weren't paying attention at each other yet. At least Shimamura did but Adachi forgot cause the Shimamura name caught her attention more or something like that.

Basically. Shimamura commented that it was like the store, so it's the part that stuck with Adachi, IIRC. Her first name didn't leave as much of an impression, Hougetsu is not exactly a noteworthy name after all.

What is the LN???

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/adachi_and_shimamura_novel
Go read iiiiit! This adaptation ended at the end of volume 3. I think it's worth reading through the parts already covered with the manga, but you decide, you should be able to follow the story well regardless (Yashiro is pretty much the only part of the story that the manga really fails to convey, I'd say, but adjusting to LN!Yashiro shouldn't be a problem). If you want to read the bonus stories (about Yashiro+Shimamura's sister and Hino+Nagafuji) though you may want to go back, they start from volume 2 at the end of each chapter and are not covered in the manga.

last edited at Dec 10, 2019 2:23PM

Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

If you were to look for "Useless Lesbian" in an encyclopedia, you'd see Adachi's picture right there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.