Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Snake will you also translate that volume ?

Yes

When is volume 9 out, anyway?

October 10th

joined Jan 25, 2017

Snake will you also translate that volume ?

Yes

When is volume 9 out, anyway?

October 10th

:excites:

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Finally got around to reading the last couple chapters, I was kinda waiting for the anime to start before doing so but I had some time to kill. Were they not put up on here because the series got licensed?

The conversation between Shimamura and Pancho was great, I'd say that compared to the usual pacing of the series it kinda felt like things went from zero to one hundred very quickly even though it was fairly natural for the latter to have noticed.

I once found myself into fog just as thick as Adachi and Shimamura on the second day of the trip, those descriptions are not an exaggeration. People right next to you become hazy silhouettes you can hardly make out.

Kinda bummed the future trip got skipped over as much sense as it makes since it wasn't meant to take over the current timeline. I'm looking forward to when the series actually gets there thirty years from now! In the meantime, I happened to have read a yuri VN where the main characters also go on a trip to San Francisco by plane so I'll pretend it was similar to that.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I don't know when the last part will be posted on here, so I might as well just write my thoughts on it and the rest of the volume.

It's nice to see that Adachi eventually regains her chill, to some extent. It also sounds like she's not quite as closed off as she used to be. It's a little sad that she never really connects with her parents, but that's to be expected. Some things about their situation in the future are left vague, like their physical intimacy and whether Shimamura's family knows, which I actually appreciate.

I found the side characters to be completely inoffensive this volume, despite what some people think about Yashiro's antics. Her involvement was really amusing this time around, and it's not like she derailed the story. It even led to Shimamura being (politely) assertive about getting a little space from Adachi, which I'd like to see more of.

It was funny how long it took Shimamura to realize what was going on with Adachi in the onsen. She even checks her out a bit without thinking anything of it. I like how calm and calculating her thought process can be even in an embarrassing situation. The whole conversation with Pancho was gold and I hope she comes up from time to time going forward, similar to the scammer with a gaydar, I mean fortune teller. Having also read the first of the Saeki Sayaka novels, I wonder if Hitoma Iruma is recently making an effort to write explicitly lesbian characters rather than the common "gender doesn't matter" or "only because it's you" kinds of yuri love.

I wonder exactly how Adachi will deal with Shimamura meeting with Tarumi. I can't see Shima keeping it a secret at this point. One way or another, I think Adachi would probably end up coming along and trying to rub their relationship in Tarumi's face. I really hope Tarumi finds someone, though. Maybe the girl who used to crush on Adachi? That would be ironic.

Anyway, I really enjoy the couple's dynamics and how they're evolving. Shimamura gets a lot of fun out of teasing Adachi, but even she's shown to have insecurities and wants Adachi to think she's cool. I do think it would be interesting to see them get in a major fight at some point, which wouldn't be surprising if it happened in the next volume.

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

Oh man, Volume 9 is going to be so great, I can feel it. Every volume has been better than the last one so far. Let's hope that Tarumi and "Adachi-Classmate" get some spotlight, that would be interesting.

joined Jan 25, 2017

Anime

tomorrow

^y'all got me crackshipping the classmate and Tarumi now.

And damn anime time already, time sure flys by, I'm excited.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Just watched the first episode, I really like the artstyle, the lighting and colors and the voice acting for both Shimamura and Adachi. The animation itself is nothing special, but it's mostly a series made of characters talking anyway. I remain convinced any adaptation will inevitably lose a lot of the charm of the novels due to the heavily reduced focus on internal monologues, but the anime certainly seems better than both manga series so far.

last edited at Oct 8, 2020 2:33PM

joined Apr 5, 2015

The anime is very introspective, which makes sense, but, yeah, I wonder if it will work on anime. Not sure if new viewers will enjoy it.

For my part it felt quite nostalgic to see Adachi not being a complete mess all the time around Shimamura.

joined Jun 7, 2019

gon is shimamura's dog or what?my english sucks uhg

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

gon is shimamura's dog or what?

Her grandmother's dog. But essentially, yes.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Took a minute, but all the remaining chapters are finally up here. Volume 9 came out like an hour ago, so I'm now working on that.

As always, you can check https://sneikkimies.github.io/ for pdf/epub versions.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

gon is shimamura's dog or what?my english sucks uhg

Gon the dog makes his first appearance in Volume 6, Chapter 2. He belongs to Shimamura's grandparents and ends up being sort of a catalyst to her becoming more self-aware, and her making strides to be more interested and invested in the world and people around her.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Ngl, Pancho being aware of AdaShima and being helpful in her manners was nice.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Congrats, sneikkimies and shades! You did everyone a great service, I can't thank you enough.

joined Jan 25, 2017

Thanks so much, all of y'all. Looking forward to V9!!!

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Volume 9 came out like an hour ago, so I'm now working on that.

Wow lol, I appreciate your dedication.

One thing I forgot to bring up in my post earlier: why the fuck would the teacher let them out of the bus?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The anime sure has a lot of random Yashiro...

Other than that, I find myself feeling that their voices would work much better switched.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

luinthoron posted:

Other than that, I find myself feeling that their voices would work much better switched.

Idk, I like them. I feel like they fit characters.

joined Jun 7, 2019

Ngl, Pancho being aware of AdaShima and being helpful in her manners was nice.

that name makes me laugh cuz pancho means hotdog in my language hahaha

last edited at Oct 9, 2020 5:44PM

Does anyone else imagine Pancho as like a buff version of Nagafuji or is it just me and I forgot to give my thanks before, so thank you Sneik, Shades and Gilgamesh for all the work that you do.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Shimamura is quite rude for not bothering to remember Pancho's real name even after that eye-opening conversation.

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

those were such great chapters!! i loved how pancho was alright with them being girlfriends and just overall being so understanding(maybe suspiciously so...?). also huge shoutout to yashiro for helping shima find her girlfriend, that scene was so sweet

Slide
joined Dec 15, 2019

This was such a happy volume.
Vol. 9 released today in Japanese so I'm very much looking forward to its translation.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Took a minute, but all the remaining chapters are finally up here. Volume 9 came out like an hour ago, so I'm now working on that.

As always, you can check https://sneikkimies.github.io/ for pdf/epub versions.

Is there a kiss? is there a kiss????

Lol, Im kidding, dont answer that haha. I'll patiently wait for your updates. Thanks as always sneikk~

To reply you must either login or sign up.