Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

joined Aug 19, 2019

It turns out the rumors were true. Non will no longer illustrate for Adashima. This news was confirmed by Iruma's blogpost few days ago and today by Dengeki Bunko.

This is the cover of volume 9: https://twitter.com/bunko_dengeki/status/1303247738864193536?s=19

Volume 9 and Volume 2 (Moke ver.) will be released in October 10th.

last edited at Sep 8, 2020 4:49PM

joined Jan 25, 2017

I.....don't like that cover at ALL lmao

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

This is sad. :(
What happened to Non anyway?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Those are some pretty weird looking faces...

And why would you have Hibiki and Miku on an AdaShima cover anyway?

last edited at Sep 8, 2020 11:32AM

Lmao yeah looking at a second time I don't like it and I really gotta wonder why they decided to go with that, I really hope they playin, they're probably not, I guess that is it.. They coulda used the artist from the Kokoro Connect series, their art was pretty similar to Non's or ya'kno just not that.

last edited at Sep 8, 2020 1:44PM by

joined Aug 19, 2019

I just want to clarify something in case it wasn't clear. The volume cover they chose is a reused promotional anime artwork.

What I find weird is that Dengeki was aware of Non's departure for over a year now. You'd think they would've already found a new illustrator. I mean, they could've asked Moke since she already works in the magazine. Moke is an illustrator before she was a mangaka.

But all of this could be for anime promotional reasons and they'll find a new illustrator in future volumes.

Also I wonder if the chapter illustrations will use different artists. That would be interesting.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

They coulda used the artist from the Kokoro Connect series, their art was pretty similar to Non's or ya'kno just not that.

Oh yeah. Whitefish would be good.
Or Moke. Moke is good i think.

They coulda used the artist from the Kokoro Connect series, their art was pretty similar to Non's or ya'kno just not that.

Oh yeah. Whitefish would be good.
Or Moke. Moke is good i think.

Eh, Idk about Moke, but I would definitely take Moke over this tbh if we can't get anyone else.

joined Jul 13, 2014

But all of this could be for anime promotional reasons and they'll find a new illustrator in future volumes.

That might explained why Shimamura's hair is blonde again.

The mediocre art aside, I'm glad a new volume would come out next month.
Cheers!

Bruh. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's mediocre.

I'm sorry that I made you think it that way. Now that I think about it the artist loves AdaShima as well to be working on this series.

last edited at Sep 9, 2020 3:09AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The mediocre art aside

Bruh. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's mediocre.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

...does any reader still truly think Yashiro is a weird normal girl with blue hair? It's been clear from the moment she was introduced that she is an alien and does not adhere to our human logic when it comes to her appearance and body. Her and her brethren literally mold themselves into something that looks like a human.

Chapter two was looooooooong. Am glad I waited to read it. It's a little painful seeing Shima having thoughts like meeting with Tarumi is similar to cheating, because of how protective Adachi is. I hope that'll be resolved relatively soon. Oh and I also hope Shima will start letting her guard down more around Adachi. They're not 'normal' people by any stretch, but having to keep secrets and hide what you're feeling that often has to be tiring.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Finally got caught up to this again. I don't do it on purpose, but I constantly let chapters pile up and then take days to months to catch up again. I hope to learn to read each chapter little by little in the days after it's translated.

Also I recently found out the illustrator for this is the same one as for Chuunibyou.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I wonder if Hino and Nagafuji will ever explicitly start dating like Adachi and Shimamura or if they'll just keep their status quo. With the way they're written I think it would be fairly simple to have them start dating without having to dedicate a lot of screentime to building it up, for instance they could find out about Adachi and Shimamura, start talking about them, Nagafuji could mention that it's just like their own relationship, Hino could mull over it for a bit and agree.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

More lesbians in baths, and Hino's breast envy.

As long as we were together. - Ah, the younger Shimamura is great as well. ^_^

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Non isn’t active as an illustrator anymore. Anyway, i still love Non’s art.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Holy shit I really hope that isn't the art they're going with, kind of reminds me of the style from a 90s-early 2000s manga and well I've never quite liked that style.

Noooooo lol that makes me quite sad actually please let it change.

Ehhh tbh I kind of don't care much for Nagafuji and Hino like sure they're there but I don't really care too much about them, is that just me ? Like I feel like all their chapters could be used on giving us more AdaShima lol .... Well I don't dislike them I guess though and they are the only ones atm Adachi kind of gets along with so if they also start going out we can have double dates so there's that, but no wait Adachi would hate that right ? ......

Shima feels that's she's cheating on Adachi just by meeting someone, indeed that's a bit extreme but I feel like Adachi's jealousy will calm down quite a bit now that they're dating and that she'll get the attention she's always wanted and a proper human connection with someone, Shima just has to guide her, it's clear Adachi is starting to think now that indeed shes going overboard and also about not just making herself but also shima happy, what a cutie.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

I liked the cover of volume 2 of Moke's manga more. But non is still the best.

https://mobile.twitter.com/moke14/status/1303557811373142016

last edited at Sep 9, 2020 8:10AM

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Non isn’t active as an illustrator anymore. Anyway, i still love Non’s art.

That's really sad. She quit now of all times when there is an anime adaptation, which will build more hype for the series.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Wait, Non left? Who replaced her?

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

I liked the cover of volume 2 of Moke's manga more. But non is still the best.

https://mobile.twitter.com/moke14/status/1303557811373142016

Hey that's pretty good.

I hope she takes over the art.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Not sure what happened, but non nuked their Pixiv account recently, and their Twitter account is completely empty. Does anyone have a link to Iruma's blogpost that talked about it?

joined Sep 9, 2020

Finally caught up! I wanted to thank Sneik and the translation team for their awesome work. Keep it up!

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Ohhh yeah somehow this hasn't been brought up but something that really kind of made me feel .... Well idk weird ? Or worried even maybe ? For Adachi was how her favorite food was water lol, like really ? Water ? Plain old H2O? I mean I like warer myself quite a bit but a favorite food ? And yes food not even drink but when asked what your favorite food is you could only bring up water?

Even plain bread would be a better answer at that point no ? Or is she drinking water directly from the North Pole or some virgin glacier water or something ?

Just felt it was kinda bizarre lol even if it has been brought up multiple times how Adachi never seems to enjoy any food I'd have thought she'd say the sandwiches Shima made it something.

last edited at Sep 10, 2020 6:41AM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

By the way, anyone else seen the anime trailers?

At least to me, Nagafuji looks weird and Hino doesn't look short enough. lol

Tumblr_7a6a9f632c59020bf2c8f92a50387af1_6deabc31_540xd-compressor-compressor-compressor-compressor-compressor
joined Jun 15, 2020

To reply you must either login or sign up.