Forum › Crescent Moon and Doughnuts discussion

Matsurimizusawa2
joined Sep 27, 2020

I like that Fuuka admits proudly that she likes women. Sounds like the opposite of or foil for Hinako.

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

slow and steady
normally I hate this, but well, I support this series

See the friend wasn't bad, she actually helped Hinako. I always love when unexpected characters help the mains talk about their sexuality, that they have yet to really give much thought. Thanks for the chapter.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

god i love these two so much. the art is so soft feeling. so nice.

thanks for the lovely scanlations. can't wait for more!!

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I don't think it's probably going to end up platonic. I mean, she couldn't get the word "love" out of her head when she touched Asahi's hand to do her nails, and the way she described her features as she was imagining kissing her seemed adoring. Hinako likely still has a long way to go in learning to give and receive affection.

But well, as long as the feelings aren't too one-sided like in Moratorium or something, I'll be fine with it.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I'm sorry m'am, I'm afraid you've caught... the gay.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

GOD DAMN ADMIT THAT YOU LOVE HER ALREADY!

IT'S JUST THREE WORDS! IT AIN'T THAT HARD TO SAY!
I LOVE YOU!
FUCKING SAY IT!

I love this series

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

The lil' sister must have a crush on Fukka for sure

Yeah. Looks like she's definitely crushing on Fuuka.

What makes you think so? To me it looks like Subaru sees right through her and barely tolerates her.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Fuuka sure got her annoying teacher act down, huh...

... and no, I don't see any evidence of Subaru crush - she's visibly annoyed that their old friend barged in unannounced, and immediately started making everyone uncomfortable. We've already seen that Subaru is really conscious about the fact that Satou works hard for her sake, and here comes Fuuka and rubs it in even more.
Announcing yourself as "Asahi's one and only friend" after not visiting for half a year and in a presence of Satou's new friend is also a dick move.

... so yeah, I don't really like this new character, I possibly hate it more than the characters themselves, it embodies everything I don't like about annoying people. (Which is not really against this manga, it was probably the point to make her look annoying :P)

last edited at Sep 29, 2020 5:02AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

What makes you think so? To me it looks like Subaru sees right through her and barely tolerates her.

Subaru's cranky because Fuuka has the hots for neechan, since that kinda leaves her out in the cold.

To wit.

last edited at Sep 29, 2020 4:58AM

Images__01
joined Nov 3, 2019

Yeah I agree that Subaru's crushing on Fuuka but it looks like Fuuka's as oblivious to Subaru's feelings for her, as Asahi is to Fuuka's feelings :x

I do like Fuuka's character though and hope that Subaru will be the one to rein her in one day :P

joined Jul 26, 2016

Eh, there's a laundry list of good reasons why Fuuka would deliberately ignore Subaru's crush even if she knows of/suspects it. Or how comfortable would you be with the underaged kid sibling of your unrequited crush and BFF having the hots for you...?

Plus given Fuuka's some kind of teacher Subaru's age bracket should be something of a no-go zone for her for obvious professional-ethical reasons to boot.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Is MC an asexual lesbian? I need this in my life so bad. Not only has she had to contend with heteronormativity, but now she has to deal with society's expectations of traditional relationship dynamics. I don't expect this story to go the asexual route because Japan is 10+ years behind modern social rights issues, but I can dream.

140128864_3659815120778708_7148561155374491582_n
joined Jul 14, 2016

My first thought when Fuuka was looking at Hinako's nails was, she's checking to see if they're short or long =////=
But she was just checking out the nail polish haha... truly makes me feel like my heads in the gutter o<--<
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/crescent_moon_and_doughnuts_ch10#18

joined Dec 5, 2019

Lol, poor Hinako, the way she was describing her feelings, she very much wants to do those things but it's too embarrassed to do it or admit it. I hope she comes to terms with it in time.
loved the new character, gave some new progress to Hinako.

joined Jan 5, 2020

Lol, poor Hinako, the way she was describing her feelings, she very much wants to do those things but it's too embarrassed to do it or admit it. I hope she comes to terms with it in time.

Or she could be the rarely-if-ever portrayed asexual lesbian and being thrown off by the tired old love = sexual desire bullshit. As if romance has to involve sex.

joined May 3, 2014

Or she could be the rarely-if-ever portrayed asexual lesbian and being thrown off by the tired old love = sexual desire bullshit. As if romance has to involve sex.

as if the majorty of humans aren’t sexual beings you know?? plus for even in today age were the so call social advancment we surly lack in the sex deucation department, people that have no idea how sex can inprove intimacy cuz lack of education or the world STILL can’t even freely talk about sex, comunication is one of the main reason some couple fire is out :/ or aren’t sexul compatible at all.

last edited at Sep 29, 2020 8:06AM

joined Oct 10, 2016

Ultra slow progress I guess?

It still suffers from putting one time characters that are meant to be treated as threats. I'm still not sure what to think of it.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

"Co-worker" is the new "friend".

last edited at Sep 29, 2020 8:59AM

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

Wow, introducing a "rival" to further develop main characters and main couple instead of being a worthless drama? I'm impressed. But then again, this is only the beginning.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

The chapter..lol I definitely can say this manga is one of all time favorites.. it's so delicate. I wish I could tell Hinako that everything is going to be alright because it's just fine if they with Satou have their own sort of normal.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm sorry m'am, I'm afraid you've caught... the gay.

Is it weird that I read this in OneTopic's voice?

last edited at Sep 29, 2020 9:39AM

Screenshot%202022-04-17%2012.01.52%20pm
joined Sep 21, 2019

The Puritans got your back.

4d963a6a-ba0b-48a4-990b-5dbce1890750
joined Sep 27, 2020

Love this manga so much. Seriously one of my favourites so far.

I’m definitely getting a lot of self-loathing/internalized homophobia vibes from Hinako though. Which is why she’s refusing to believe these feelings she has could be “normal.” I have a hunch this might be related to her relationship with her mother as well since they keep hinting back to that.

And interesting how some people are perceiving Subaru’s attitude towards Fuuka as a crush. To me it seemed as though she was incredibly distrustful of her and her motives towards her sister. Since she’s seem to be portrayed as somewhat as a player maybe?

“Why don’t you go see your girlfriend”
“Which one?”
“You’re the worst”
——

It’s been pretty obvious that Subaru is rooting for Hinako and Asahi and is hoping Hinako will be the one to “free” Asahi from her so she can live her own life. So it’s not like she’s ultra possessive of her sister. You can tell she feels immensely guilty about the sacrifices her sister has made to provide and care for her. So my question is - what did Fuuka do in the past to end up on her shit list?

last edited at Sep 29, 2020 9:59AM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

So my question is - what did Fuuka do in the past to end up on her shit list?

My guess is the same things she does in this chapter. She comes across as self-centered and unconcerned about other people's feelings.

To reply you must either login or sign up.