Forum › Crescent Moon and Doughnuts discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

We literally only got a single page of that new character, so it may be a bit early to be making assumptions, lmao.

Don't worry, Hinako, this is love

+1

joined Jul 26, 2016

We literally only got a single page of that new character, so it may be a bit early to be making assumptions, lmao.

Jumping headfirst into hasty conclusions, on MY internets?! :o

joined Oct 10, 2016

Well... Here comes drama and lack of ideas.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

But enough about you--what do you think of the story?

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

I will wait and see how this turn out. I'm sure this manga will not disappoint me by doing some useless+typical+boring drama.
10/10 again with an amazing chapter.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I can't get enough of Subaru. There's something about how she's drawn....

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

I'm constantly impressed by how mature the writing is in this. Hinako is such a well realized character.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm constantly impressed by how mature the writing is in this. Hinako is such a well realized character.

Agreed. That's why I'm profoundly skeptical about the laments concerning the mere appearance of a new character.

Like the better writers in any genre, this writer so far has done a superb job of re-combining familiar tropes and narrative elements in what to me are pleasingly fresh ways, but without trying to be splashy or obviously contrarian about it.

I seem to recall (I don't have the time to review the whole thread) that the introduction of Subaru sparked some anticipatory qualms about her potential role (would she interfere?, etc.). Now everybody adores Subaru.

There's no reason not to trust the writer until something actually goes wrong.

joined Oct 22, 2018

In on itself, this was an amazing roast, but it got even better when I read who you were replying to.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Despite all the hand wringing over the new potential "interloper" character, I've noticed that the genre as a whole seems to have largely moved on from milking that trope, at least among the better writers (IMO). The author has given us plenty of reason to have faith in them, so I'm not worried.

Machi_12696
joined Feb 2, 2020

I hope the new character isn't there for a jelousy drama arc, not only is that extremely overused in yuri, but it would also be redundant as in this chapter Hinako's desires of monopolizing Satou have already been protrayed. This is one of the best written yuris in recent months so I'm sure it won't go that way

last edited at Aug 12, 2020 10:36PM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

In on itself, this was an amazing roast, but it got even better when I read who you were replying to.

One of these days Loralei is going to post to say that a story is good and worth following, and the internet will crash.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Actually trying to talking about doubts and insecurities, and proper responses that are not over the top in my manga? Impossible!

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I looove that her friends actually gave her some good advice, and that it led to her getting over some of her mental roadblocks.

joined Feb 23, 2016

So the drama begins

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

Damn I was feeling the feels and then ding dong, new face. Very optimistic this manga will do something good with this character, though.

last edited at Aug 12, 2020 5:12PM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Wow, did the TL gods listen to my prayers? Thank you for the lovely translation - it was such a pleasure to finally read it in English!

Seeing and feeling Hinako's emotions is a bliss - she loves, and yet she's so afraid of hurting the other one, and then the possessiveness, and the embarrassment. It literally makes me think of the same words Asahi says to Hinako, 'It may be because you start worrying like that that I end up wanting to be kind to you'

And then all that lewd hand-holding again. It's going well beyond the 69 in this manga))))

last edited at Aug 12, 2020 5:36PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Congrats on 666 posts

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

^ Congrats on 666 posts

ooops, lol, that was unexpected))))) but ty anyway))))

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Ah shit, here we go again, the challenger

It sure is overused in yuri genre, but then again, just because it is cliché doesn't mean that the author won't handle it well. The writing has been perfect so far, so I doubt the author would blow it with a single character.

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

I love Subaru so muchhh she's so sweettt best wingman :')
Ugh this story is so nice :'D

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

But also, Hinako has some nice friends.

Nice little turn for these characters—at first they just seemed to represent the societal expectations that were making Hinako so miserable, but then they gave her an opportunity to open up, and now they’re giving/modeling some sensible advice.

I feel like that is how the author nailed the characterization: they're not flat representations of people, but whole people with their own strengths and flaws and perspectives. :)

Also the new character seems like a nice person to me so far! I will trust the author on this journey!

joined Aug 21, 2017

Cool

last edited at Aug 13, 2020 1:57AM

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

now I've noticed that s.o cover that cut :)))

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

subari brushes her haid and blush
may be this's her crush

To reply you must either login or sign up.