Forum › Come Rain or Shine discussion

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

ugh ofc the side characters derail it yet again. i feel like this manga would be 1000% better without them. i honestly just skip past any of the pages that have them in it @.@

last edited at Aug 29, 2020 2:02PM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Ahh I guess I'll hold my opinion on this for now until I see where this author want to take that murder mystery bit.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

ugh ofc the side characters derail it yet again. i feel like this manga would be 1000% better without them. i honestly just skip past any of the pages that have them in it @.@

i was worried about the side characters when they were first introduced, but i really don't mind them anymore. maybe she showa pop girls will end up as a couple too.

to me it's better than a random character being introduced halfway through the series just to sabotage the main couple for "fun". that is the most annoying trope ever.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

to me it's better than a random character being introduced halfway through the series just to sabotage the main couple for "fun". that is the most annoying trope ever.

Don't worry,I believe we get there eventually.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Ugh, I think I need to re-read this to refresh my memory. And just as I should be checking whatever media I missed out on yesterday and earlier today, and at the same time I decided that I also need to do a re-watch of Bace Bulgarian Mapper's AFOE Apocalypse series!

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Mikoto went for it! NICE.
Friends' drama got in the way, so the two don't have time to process the kiss just yet, but personally I think having time to cool off and stew it in their memories before discussing is better than the potential dismissing it out of embarrassment in the moment's heat.

But anyway, having to wait months to see how Nekozaki's murder mystery would play out while sifting through the coming drama of others is a bit trying for the impatient me.

joined Feb 24, 2019

Wow, that progressed much further than I expected in one chapter. Very nice moments of doubt with our lead girls and then a big step forward. I like it. I'm also eager to get more about the record club girls. After the extra chapter about the other two I was wondering if we'd get one for them and it looks like they'll be getting more development in the story itself. I like a series that has a lot going on at once, especially when it follows characters that I actually care about.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Wowwowwowwow

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Oh boy, useless lesbians."
kiss
"Or not! Hoo boy!"
thud
"God damnit record club, I don't care about you now!"

Also, lower right panel https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/come_rain_or_shine_ch7_2#8
I think this is the first time I've seen someone in animanga actually interact with the air conditioner (I think that's her turning it on, it's a typical remote control size) rather than being glad A/C exist, or (most commonly) the A/C simply being drawn by the artist. By contrast I've seen people cuddle up to kotatsu (heat tables) a lot.

(When I went to Japan I discovered their wonderful magical ductless mini-split units, and started noticing how often they show up in bedrooms, just as background detail.)

last edited at Aug 29, 2020 3:46PM

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Nice one Mikoto..

joined Dec 30, 2018

Holy fuck we're in the endgame now

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Kissu

Mikoto you dirty birdy, good job

joined Jun 12, 2019

OH MY GOD??

joined May 17, 2020

Why make the chapters 7.1 and 7.2
They both have very important developments in them so they should be chapters 7 and 8. 7.2 would mean its and extra normally.
Sorry for the negativity. Other than this, I love the manga! Keep up the good work!

joined Feb 14, 2019

They both have very important developments in them so they should be chapters 7 and 8. 7.2 would mean its and extra normally.
Sorry for the negativity. Other than this, I love the manga! Keep up the good work!

It's just supposed to be one big chapter 7, but Arata Iri broke her rib (even she doesn't know how) and couldn't finish the chapter in time, so it's split into two installments. It's just like that to not break the numbering.

joined Jul 26, 2016

The terrible truth is that by unspeakable Satanic pacts manga authors grow strong on the tears and gnashing teeth of people with OCD.

SmallFriendlyScorpion
Smallfriendlyscorpioncompressed
joined Apr 25, 2020

Well I don't mind the side characters XD, maybe they'll all end up in couples as well.
The amount of chaos perfectly fits Arata Iri's style, as is consistent with her previous work. Plus the art is really cute.
And know that eventually (given it is completed) there will be a developed/confirmed relationship, just like in her previous work Comprehensive Tovarisch

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

That went from 0 to 100 omg

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

In this case, it means Chapter 7 Part 1 and Chapter 7 Part 2. Yes, it's a little confusing since bonus chapters use similar numbering, but it seems like bonus chapters on this site generally start at .5 (so 7.5, 7.6, and so on). If the decimal is .1, it's probably a Part 1.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Well I don't mind the side characters XD, maybe they'll all end up in couples as well.
The amount of chaos perfectly fits Arata Iri's style, as is consistent with her previous work. Plus the art is really cute.
And know that eventually (given it is completed) there will be a developed/confirmed relationship, just like in her previous work Comprehensive Tovarisch

it's honestly actually because of tovarisch that i don't like these side characters. they feel like the exact same lol

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Same! There's actual development between the MC's, so the side characters became quite entertaining buffer

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

Ahhh, this chapter made me happy.

last edited at Aug 30, 2020 4:24AM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

What could it be this time?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

What could it be this time?

Lovers' spat. Jealousy rears its ugly head.

To reply you must either login or sign up.