Forum › Come Rain or Shine discussion

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

As much as I loved the build of their relationship, the later chapters of this series was ok. Still enjoyed and put it in my favorites haha

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

gioheomay posted:

The orgy part really killded me

It's funny because she would definitely and literally die in an orgy

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I've read this in its entirety for the first time (I didn't read the abandoned version), and I think I mostly liked it but the whole thing was just... completely bizarre, the story never went where I expected it to, it just kinda didn't give a shit. Which I think is good? Maybe? The thing with the mother was so completely out of the left field though :P

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I'm also so sad we didn't even get more Tsubaki / Nekozaki moments. Chapter 13 in the OG was so unique and fulfilling, and, like, emotional kabedon is justice.

now tha you mention it tsubaki feels oddly disconected not only to nekozaki but to the uchoten club, like they barely talk to each other. In the OG it felt like she begrudgingly became friends wtih them after spending time together, now it feels like her character arc only revolves around ms shiho

In general characters feel odly distant , they don´t really hang as a group anymore and barely talk to each other in an open and honest way.

Yeah, I figured we'd agree again...

it always makes me happy to see another arata iri enthusiast

Still, I'm happy for her! I'm glad she finally got her sex scene ending, and I'm glad that she seems happy with her results. I also liked this a lot, lol.

Yes, this panel is fricking gold, pure unadultered arata iri

Cdc4f8204600edbf52fb0f34f39b246a~2
joined Jun 27, 2018

This was a great read

joined Aug 12, 2021

I'm late to comment but this manga finally ended after a long time. It was an interesting manga that I enjoyed and also love this authors work. The ending took a while but it ended well enough so I thin the wait was worth it. Can't wait for new work by Arata Iri

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I may be in the minority but Tsubaki is so awesome I wanted her to be with Ren's mom and be her new dad.

XD

Half-kidding aside, I need more Tsubaki.

And I'll take an orgy. Yes.

Img_20201022_045044
joined Oct 24, 2018

I didn't really read the original and maybe that's why I'm incredibly confused...?

The story started nicely, it was cute, fluffy and interesting, but then things started to run a marathon like it had a deadline, no time to breath at all and the way Nekozaki just wrapped things up with her mother like it wasn't some several-years-old trauma is shocking. I was getting School Zone vibes from this after we're presented to the other girl's stories and backgrounds, and god, was it amazing(Turns out the vibes were there, but more like a faint shadow of what SZ is). The story behing Pengin and Shishimaru really got to my core, it hit way too close to home and I wanted to see more of them but it's like they treated their relationship as patched and done, like what? what happens afterwards? even after that sudden time skip, we don't really know how things are with the rest, are they together? is Tsubaki still with Ms.Shiro? There's so many questions.
I can't help but feel like things got off-rails just after Mikoto kissed Tsubaki tbh. They didn't just started running away from each other, but the story also started to run to be completed.

Perhaps that really is because I didn't read the original, but to be completely fair, this would be very first time where I see an artist making a rework to be just a pretty resume of the original. Arata Iri's style surely is to die for in my opinion, the expressions, the panels, even the creativity with them and dialogue boxes: that dialogue box of Tsubaki on ch01 hitting Nekozaki because what she's saying is directly going agaisnt what she did is simple but It was really funny, I've never seen that type of dialogue box/character interaction before and it's top notch. Even the character dynamics, they're quite a breath of fresh air, they all have a really distinct personality and hell, I'm here for it all the way. But still, it's like they were used on the wrong way...? idk
I'll try to read the original to check if that's just the way they do story telling or if it's because it's a rework.

Anyway, I'll come here from time to time just to read Pengin and Shishimaru's part fore sure, specially page 21 of ch09. Absolutely marvelous.

Same here comrade. The 2 chapters of Shishimaru and Pengin are so freaking good, probably the most consistent arc(?) in this series. The way Arata Iri changed the main subject from Mikoto and Nekozaki to them is so smooth, the pacing is enjoyable, and of top of that, their backstories are amazing. I really love how Shishimaru did acknowledge her irrational actions and how selfish she was. It’s just that she couldn’t help doing it, which is understandable when we think about her character setting.

Pengin managed to change my entire life. But I can’t even leave a single mark on her.

Probably the one line that can summarize Shishimaru’s insecure in the simplest way possible.

last edited at Sep 24, 2023 1:28PM

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

To reply you must either login or sign up.