Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I find the Kandasexual wording more on the comedy side rather than legitimately explaining her sexuality. The whole "genitals don't matter" sounds like pansexual, although I guess she could still be gay without realizing it because she's too dense.

Oh yeah, it's definitely tongue-in-cheek comedy, but I guess it could also mean that she'd previously not given much thought to the idea that she could also get with girls. It just never occurred to her, which fits with her theme of being a coddled, incredibly sheltered airhead.

Right--if the rap against "single-target sexuality" is that it avoids ratifying gayness (or anything else), I don't think Ookuma is avoiding much of anything--she's just embracing Kanda, whoever that turns out to be, pretty wholeheartedly.

Her lack of angst about discovering Kanda's gender doesn't seem to be about the author sidestepping the real-life difficulties of being gay in Japan, just making comedy about Ookuma's oblivious acceptance of her feelings and of Kanda's.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Oh my a girl getting a girl harem :0

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The character you'd least want to be - Secchan's boyfriend. At this point, I hope he's cheating on her.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Ooh this got so good in just a few chapters. One thing i'm dreading though is that it feels like the end is near. I mean, we already got the first kiss and the first night together and even the first bath together. We just need the first fight, the first reconciliation and the first trip together and we're out of first' to extend this story.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Down the rabbit-hole we go!

What's the term for those who are only sexually/romantically attracted to people while down rabbit holes?

Surely there must be one . . .

Considering how many of the terms on the LGBTA-Wiki are less than two months old (as in "coined in June 2020") we might just go ahead and coin one. Lepocavinsexual? Could also be sexual attraction towards rabbit holes. Does kinda sound wrong.

I skiped to the last page to see a discussion about the latest ch release, but this is what I found.

Myself, as well.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Oh shet she actually tells her, now i gotta read up, thought this secret was gonna go on for dozens of chapters but hell yeah now i'm in again

I usually only skip ahead in stories I haven’t read yet to get a feel for the story. If it’s one I’ve already started, then I go back to find the chapter where I stopped reading, so I don’t get spoiled on the progress.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Oh my a girl getting a girl harem... :0

...has yet to properly pop up as a main plot for a story.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Why y'all having heated discussions about serious topics on a comedy yuri manga lmao

It’s part of what makes this website so fun... flame wars over insignificant things which no one in real world would bother listening to.

Wow, I hope you people never see an actual "flame war" or even a real "heated discussion"--you'd need to change your diaper.

No need to change diapers... the moderators on this website are good at stomping trolls.

In fact, I don’t consider it a squabble until Nez-Chan says her piece of mind to shut everyone up. And the ones who really ask for getting banned just keep commenting away... pretty funny to me when trolls always want the last comment even when doing so gets them booted off the website.

joined Aug 10, 2014

So is this the end ? It looks like the end but we might get one or two more chapters right ?

%e2%80%8f%e2%80%8f3b41c630da1d5f54055c73f6c5e80f31%20-%20%d9%86%d8%b3%d8%ae%d8%a9
joined May 24, 2020

i get out from the chapter to go to the Tags and see if there's cheating tag..

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

Also, y'all are missing that Ookuma, whether bi, lesbian or single-target, is clearly a furry:

How can you send a picture? Teach me please

1. Upload to imgur
  2. Image link is formatted thusly, but without spaces : ! [ ] ( image url goes here )
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

LETS GOOOOOO

Holy shit, I thought this would be gag manga hell forever, but it was actually just building up and overstaying its welcome as a narrative device! It’s gotten so good so quickly, I love the way it’s handling gender, sexuality, and the main couple’s feelings. It’s just wholesome and good gender feels.

Also, as a trans woman, Kanda-kun’s body/styles (especially that wedding dress!) and her girlfriend’s enthusiastic reactions make me feel better about myself. It’s nice to have some hope that people might actually find you attractive, and I love how passionately the artist gives attention to Kanda’s non-traditional looks.

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

That escalated quickly from "Wouldn‘t you rather date a boy?" to "GIVE ME YOUR GIRLFRIEND1!11!"

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

... Why am I still reading this? What more does mochi want to show us? Is there really all that much to tell after this?

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

i don't give a fuck if there isn't much to show anymore this shit is cute and i will consume all the fluffy filler with pleasure

joined Jul 4, 2018

Thank you, Mochi...

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Ookuma is best girl and you can't tell me otherwise

Rin
joined Aug 4, 2017

Gosh. I was getting so frustrated, but it definitely was worth it. Then again, I just found this series and didn't have to wait 6 months for the resolution haha.

I absolutely love Ookuma, she's so open-minded despite being so sheltered. She has her air headed moments, but this page really emphasizes how its not her entire character. She's got a quick wit, with the whole "the tree will disappear" and taking off her clothes so Kanda will make a move. I wish we got to see these other sides of her more often, but I guess it wouldn't make them special.

I think one of my favorite things about this manga are the outfits. Ookuma's many earrings are my favorite part of her design.

One thing I want to see is them trying to call each other by their first names. It'll probably end with "kanda-kun is kanda-kun" but it would be cute to see them at least attempt it. So many possibilities now that the weight of pretending to be a guy is lifted.

last edited at Aug 23, 2020 2:56AM

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

That last page got me fist pumping

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Bioessentialism is some terf shit

joined May 17, 2020

This is funny and cute!
Keep up the amazing work!!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Hahahaha, Kanda's all covered in hickeys XD

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Great chapter. This made Ookuma even more likeable. Thanks for all your hard work, scanlators.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Sadist Ookuma gives me life.

Kanda's chunky Filas was kinda lookin like cowboy boots lmao and whoooo switch couples for the win, this chapter gave me life and gave me some more appreciation for Ookuma, thanks for the chapter.

To reply you must either login or sign up.