Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

REMOVE THE BOY

Counter-suggestion:
MAKE THE BOY KUROKAWA'S WINGMAN

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Just saying, I don't recall anyone ever complaining when a guy was introduced in Girl Friends ¯_(ツ)_/¯

To be fair, it doesn't seem that the complaint is necessarily that a guy is introduced. It's that he seems more like a plot device than an actual character. There are ways it could be interesting, but yuri manga is filled with terrible male characters that only exist to make the choice between them and the female love interest really easy. It's too early to tell if it would end up like that though, and I feel like the author deserves the confidence they can do something interesting with it based on past work.

The big thing is that Girlfriends wasn't extremely angst and melodrama driven. It had some drama, as romance stories normally do, but nothing on this level. The boyfriend in Girlfriends was a short and temporary period of the characters figuring themselves out, sorting out their heads. Which is entirely fair in my opinion, and Girlfriends was fine with the male character. The problem with Useless Princess is that it's constantly trying to drum up excessive melodrama and jealousy, for what really feels like no good reason and it's exhausting.

joined Jun 12, 2015

I just want Ajiichi to get back to Dear My Teacher. That's all.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Girlfriend's Flashbacks

Yup, I’m got that same vibe. Oh well, the guy in that work wasn’t too bad and didn’t stick around for overly long, so hopefully Ajiichi takes a note from that and this new development doesn’t get too drawn out or overly dramatic...

I can dream, okay!

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

I just want Ajiichi to get back to Dear My Teacher. That's all.

I SECOND THAT, makes me sad all the shine this crap is getting (already dropped by the way, this became like Citrus to me, I read the comments here and there to see how the development is going, but not willing to get onboard again)

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Cider? Really?

Download
joined May 10, 2016

I want more :0

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Why do I feel that this manga is so trying hard?

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Ajiichi has been good at not belaboring dramatic arcs so far, so I'm not worried about that. My hope is she puts a good twist on this old yuri trope, e.g. having Akio turn out to be gay, and end up helping Kurokawa sort out her feelings for Fujishiro.

last edited at Aug 16, 2020 6:50PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Ummm what the hell is that with Kurokawa? Is she going to end up crazy like Izumi?
As for the guy, I wouldn't worry about him, he's probably going to be a plot device for Fujishiro to realize her feelings for Kurokawa or something.
I just don't want to see Kurokawa's character getting botched too

last edited at Aug 16, 2020 12:09PM

joined Mar 15, 2015

Ummm what the hell is that with Kurokawa? Is she going to end up crazy like Izumi?
As for the guy, I wouldn't worry about him, he's probably going to be a plot device for Fujishiro to realize her feelings for Kurokawa or something.
I just don't want to see Kurokawa's character getting botched too

I'm personally reminded of Citrus, and how it continually introduced new characters to drive the plot forward (for example, Himeko provided exposition on Mei's past, Matsuri stirred up some drama, and the twins ended up getting Yuzu and Mei together). Unfortunately, this approach tends to result in a lot of characters not doing much or developing once their story arcs end, as well as a somewhat bloated cast.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I wonder if this is Kurokawa wanting Fujishiro and Izumi to have gotten together so that Fujishiro would be off limits at that point. Or if this is about her seeing Fujishiro as the princess still, perfect and in need of a prince, which could have implications for how Kurokawa still has self esteem issues. The latter seems more likely given pages 15 and 16.

Happy to see an update.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

While I do agree that the whole "person suddenly appears, girl sees their love interest hanging out with them, misunderstanding ensues" plot this seems to be going for is tiring, I'm honestly more intrigued by Kurokawa's behavior towards Fujishiro. We haven't gotten much perspective from her yet, and now that we do it's coming across a little obsessive and creepy.

And judging by the comments on this aspect of the chapter, many people seem to be of the mindset "it's not what I was expecting, therefore it's bad writing." Even though, as someone pointed out earlier, this didn't exactly come out of nowhere...
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/useless_princesses_ch02#15

As for both of these developments, I think Ajiichi has garnered enough trust from me as a writer so far, both from this story and Dear My Teacher, to have me reserve my judgement until things finish playing out.

Hmm so Kurokawa liked Fujishiro since the beginning, surprising since she was a total bitch-chan back then; so I can see why the otaku girls think it's weird that they're friends now, guess sometimes your "enemies" at times, turn out to later be your bestfriends, that's happen so many times to me lmao, funny when ya think bout it.

Also Kurokawa has always been very yandere-esque and here I thought it was jus a one time thing. Now about that boy, like a somebody said above, let him be gay.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Hmm so Kurokawa liked Fujishiro since the beginning, surprising since she was a total bitch-chan back then;

Kuro-chan confirmed big maso :v

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

oh god.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

So much drama in 1 chapter. I need a breather.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

So, from what i gather Kurokawa is like those weirdos that ship real people, but since she also likes Nanaki she feels like she's crossing her own bounds or something like that. Also, i always thought Nanaki would be the one caught with a guy and spark some cliche misunderstanding, but hey, i like the fact that Kurokawa is not the one suffering for once. I'm probably one of the few people that likes how overly dramatic the stories from this author are, it feels like i'm watching a lesbian soap opera and i'm all for it.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Ah shit here we go again...

joined Nov 17, 2019

Ah shit here we go again...

Its started to go downhill at CH 11 sigh

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Cider? Really?

In Japan, that's clear or light colored soda. That's why she's saying it's no big deal, it won't stain.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

I'm personally reminded of Citrus, and how it continually introduced new characters to drive the plot forward...

citrus is the worst offender imo. introducing shallow, new characters out of nowhere, purely for the sake of conflict. tedious.

I don't think this will be quite as bad. hopefully we don't have a bunch of dumb flashbacks about this guy. i'm hoping he's gay as well.

last edited at Aug 16, 2020 4:17PM

Gpz_rio_1222
joined Nov 10, 2019

kurokawa has big hands

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

kurokawa has big hands

their style changes from panel to panel, but they do seem too big. the boys hands are really large too.

joined Feb 14, 2020

what do you exactly want kurokawa omg you just blew up someone loves you!

To reply you must either login or sign up.