20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

useless lesbian.....

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Jealous Fujishiro is precious.

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Oh boy, what a twist! I'm unironically excited for the next chapter, which will come out in 3 months and I'll have forgotten all about my excitement.

6f26d68ee1a36aae713ea761c5e939e5
joined Jul 18, 2017

Sorry boys, we're lesbians

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

I'm not sure yet what he has on his mind, but just in case I will repeat myself. REMOVE THE BOY.

joined Jun 12, 2015

joined Dec 18, 2018

What's that from?

joined Sep 13, 2020

i binged the entire thing and dammit i need more!!

joined Apr 17, 2017

Wait, is Kuro much more self aware than I thought? She always acted as if she never had any feelings and was just a really good friend (or felt like she could never compare), but I suppose that was the idea.

I think the implication in the previous chapter (chapter 25)––when Kuro's otaku friends fill Iroha in on the previous relationship of Kuro and Fijishiro––is that Kurokawa has been suppressing an attraction to Fujishiro since long before she and Fujishiro became friends. We get those panels where the otaku Kurokawa of old stares unself-consiously at Fujishiro as she hangs out with the other gyarus, and we're told that Kurokawa's friends found it "scary," like they couldn't fathom Kurokawa's fixation (interestingly, it seems like Izumi is looking bemused towards Kurokawa in this flashback, while Miki and Fujishiro and the other one are oblivious to Kurokawa's stare––I wonder if that's intimating a story element yet to be explored?). And I imagine Kurokawa has rationalized her intense preoccupation to herself all along by convincing herself she's a "Fujishiro–stan." She has probably felt that her feelings towards Fujishiro couldn't be love because she and Fujishiro weren't, in her eyes, social equals. But it starts to suggest that Kurokawa showing up for Fujishiro's breakup with her boyfriend might be less of a coincidence than it seemed at first. Perhaps Kurokawa subconsciously elected to become a voyeur at that moment––she could have scurried away when she saw Fujishiro and her boyfriend coming. The panels showing Kurokawa staring at Fujishiro in chapter 25 maker Kurokawa look as if she's in a trance.

Every chapter that ends with Fujishiro looking like her feelings just got smushed and not understanding why is making my heart hurt, but hopefully an explosion of jealousy is going to erupt from her in subsequent chapters. I like what's been done with the story so far, but I do feel like the volatile Fujishiro of the early chapters––the one that was ready to blow up her own life every time she flew off the handle at someone––has mellowed out a lot over the course of the series. Reading the backmatter in the 2nd collection, the author mentions that the series was only supposed to run for two volumes initially––and it does seem at around that point that Fujishiro starts to back off a little and sublimate some of her edge (if you want your series to stretch out longer, the character can't be quite so aggressive all the time, I suppose). After that second volume the supporting characters start to take on a lot more life, and in there you have the Izumi arc that pretty much hijacks what was the main drama of the series up until that point. That move was surprising and the arc turned out to be really moving, but I think it ended up introducing a level of emotional intensity to the series that I imagine the main romance––which was heretofore a lot frothier––might struggle to match. So I think it would be good to see that impulsive, emotive side of Fujishiro re-emerge, especially when dealing with her own feelings––ones that she clearly doesn't yet understand. A slightly darker Kurokawa is probably a good move towards making the ultimate romantic conflict between them more intense. If Kurokawa is a little more intractable in her belief that Fujishiro is on a level Kurokawa can't touch, it's going to make it harder for Fujishiro to eventually press her case and assert her own feelings––once she figures those feelings out.

joined Dec 5, 2019

Damn, why is Izumi such a best girl? Fujishiro is blind but that's ok.

I actually don't mind the guy showing up, it will probably stir Fujishiro into taking dome action...probably wirh lots of shouting involved

joined Nov 14, 2013

I do like Iroha intentionally prodding Fujishiro's jealousy several times this chapter - girl knows what's up.

She also unintentionally becomes friendly fire in Izumi's charm blast at the boys so that's pretty great too.

joined Dec 23, 2017

Let's GOOOOOOO!! I'm so excited for development!! The parallels between this and Girlfriends by Milk Morinaga though?

joined Jul 25, 2020

Izumi so cool tho.. 0_0

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

LMAO, that moment was Izumi moment and its immediate aftermath were as funny as they were glorious.
Returning back to jovewolf's comment, it's interesting how Iroha was affected, but Akio is unaffected.
TBH, what with a lack of a reaction on Akio's part on Izumi's moment and with the fact that he's in an all-boys school, I wouldn't be surprised if he's gay or bi or pan or something.
Fujishiro will probably have an explosion of jealousy, a jealousy I predict is gonna end up being poorly-grounded, but necessary for the Fujishiro-Kurokawa relationship development. For Fujishiro to realize that her feelings for Kurokawa are love and for her to convince Kurokawa that she isn't lesser than her, so they could finally get into a romantic relationship.
I also hope the manga doesn't just end when they do enter that relationship.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I knew this development would happen ever since Nanaki told Izumi the biggest lie of "i jUsT wAnT TO The BEsT of frIeNDs witH hEr" and it was not a hard one to predict at all either. I mean, it was obvious that Nanaki needed a Random-kun to try to woo Kurokawa for her to show her true feelings.

Next chapter we'll probably get Nanaki spying on their date, misinterpret something that happened and act cold towards Kurokawa afterwards. I just wished there was more Izumi x Iroha development going on, those two need more time alone together.

I actually kinda love seeing Iroha gushing over Izumi doing her ikemen thing, like before she would've probably been gushing at the closeness of those boys or something, but now it's over Izumi and I don't blame her, I mean look at Izumi's cute smile on that panel* where the gals were all introduced.

last edited at Oct 14, 2020 12:48AM by

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Nothing like a little Jealousy™ to speed things along :)

Images%20(13)
joined May 13, 2020

Wait, is Kuro much more self aware than I thought? She always acted as if she never had any feelings and was just a really good friend (or felt like she could never compare), but I suppose that was the idea.

I think the implication in the previous chapter (chapter 25)––when Kuro's otaku friends fill Iroha in on the previous relationship of Kuro and Fijishiro––is that Kurokawa has been suppressing an attraction to Fujishiro since long before she and Fujishiro became friends. We get those panels where the otaku Kurokawa of old stares unself-consiously at Fujishiro as she hangs out with the other gyarus, and we're told that Kurokawa's friends found it "scary," like they couldn't fathom Kurokawa's fixation (interestingly, it seems like Izumi is looking bemused towards Kurokawa in this flashback, while Miki and Fujishiro and the other one are oblivious to Kurokawa's stare––I wonder if that's intimating a story element yet to be explored?). And I imagine Kurokawa has rationalized her intense preoccupation to herself all along by convincing herself she's a "Fujishiro–stan." She has probably felt that her feelings towards Fujishiro couldn't be love because she and Fujishiro weren't, in her eyes, social equals. But it starts to suggest that Kurokawa showing up for Fujishiro's breakup with her boyfriend might be less of a coincidence than it seemed at first. Perhaps Kurokawa subconsciously elected to become a voyeur at that moment––she could have scurried away when she saw Fujishiro and her boyfriend coming. The panels showing Kurokawa staring at Fujishiro in chapter 25 maker Kurokawa look as if she's in a trance.

Every chapter that ends with Fujishiro looking like her feelings just got smushed and not understanding why is making my heart hurt, but hopefully an explosion of jealousy is going to erupt from her in subsequent chapters. I like what's been done with the story so far, but I do feel like the volatile Fujishiro of the early chapters––the one that was ready to blow up her own life every time she flew off the handle at someone––has mellowed out a lot over the course of the series. Reading the backmatter in the 2nd collection, the author mentions that the series was only supposed to run for two volumes initially––and it does seem at around that point that Fujishiro starts to back off a little and sublimate some of her edge (if you want your series to stretch out longer, the character can't be quite so aggressive all the time, I suppose). After that second volume the supporting characters start to take on a lot more life, and in there you have the Izumi arc that pretty much hijacks what was the main drama of the series up until that point. That move was surprising and the arc turned out to be really moving, but I think it ended up introducing a level of emotional intensity to the series that I imagine the main romance––which was heretofore a lot frothier––might struggle to match. So I think it would be good to see that impulsive, emotive side of Fujishiro re-emerge, especially when dealing with her own feelings––ones that she clearly doesn't yet understand. A slightly darker Kurokawa is probably a good move towards making the ultimate romantic conflict between them more intense. If Kurokawa is a little more intractable in her belief that Fujishiro is on a level Kurokawa can't touch, it's going to make it harder for Fujishiro to eventually press her case and assert her own feelings––once she figures those feelings out.

So it was supposed to be 2 volumes? No wonder. Kurokawa/Fujishiro in vol. 1 is gold. Mix of comedy and teen angst, while subverting some tropes. Nanaki, at her meanest, was quite endearing.

Sadly it can't go back to the tone of the first volume, but I'm looking forward to how Kurokawa's arc develop, more Iroha/Kurokawa brotp, Nanaki/Iroha craziness.

At least, Izumi -> Iroha is starting!!

last edited at Sep 21, 2020 3:20AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

JJzo posted:

What's that from?

It's from this series. I want to say the second to last chapter in the listing, "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter".

joined Jun 12, 2019

no men no boys

Salama
joined Jun 11, 2015

I love this manga series so much

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

I really had to get out of my seat after that "She's a great friend !" line. I felt disoriented and I don't even know what to say. I love this series but ack I question why I even read it anymore. The slow burns are KILLING ME.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Bruh I forgot who she is

joined Oct 14, 2020

I really had to get out of my seat after that "She's a great friend !" line. I felt disoriented and I don't even know what to say. I love this series but ack I question why I even read it anymore. The slow burns are KILLING ME.

I personally enjoy slow burns. I like when the girls are discovering the fact that they're attracted to other girls instead of it just happening with no real build-up. Though I also like it when they become a couple quickly as long as it's handled well.

To reply you must either login or sign up.