Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

joined Jul 1, 2018

I think the author says this is ch 24.5 for those wondering about how it relates to the story
https://twitter.com/ajiichi_nomoto/status/1278984668231036929?s=21

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Oh yes. You forgot. We believe it.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Awwwww... They both pretended to have forgotten their umbrellas so they could stay together longer. Adorable~...

joined Feb 23, 2016

Why the fuck u lyin... and even two times...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, at least they're slowly starting to notice their own feelings.

Meanwhile Iro-chan is just charging ahead. :D

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

"Bestest Friends" chuckles

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

"Bestest friend"? Is that what kids call it nowadays? Sigh.
I need that IzumixIro.

last edited at Jul 4, 2020 8:55AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Oh god please, don't tell me we gonna have an arc for the other friend too.Can we move on the main pair already ? Iro have make her pair more interesting in the chapter with only 2 interventions and we stuck with Adachi Fujishiro and the blatant lie of friendship even after the whole Izumi confession.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 24, pg 18, "really sad when were" -> "when we were"

joined May 18, 2020

the feeling are mutual YOHOO

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Lmao that twist in the end was supposed to be romantic, but it gave me a horror story type of twist.
Like someone meets a little girl who's lost in the street and take her home, but when they go back to their house and talk about it with their family, they find out that girl had died years ago.

Anyway, even before the twist in the end I had a feeling Kurokawa was actually waiting for Fujishiro all throughout the supplementary lessons and the library was an excuse too.

last edited at Jul 4, 2020 1:20PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Honestly, the only surprise at the end for me was that she actually had her umbrella. Her waiting for Fujishiro was pretty obvious from the start. I did expect them to share an umbrella at that point, but the talk we got may have been even more important.

Little%20ghost
joined Jan 4, 2019

it's nice and all but why does the last page look so menacing? i mean it gives you the vibe that kurokawa was plotting something dark even tho she was just waiting for fujishiro...
weird flex but ok
anyway i'm so happy for that update, thanks everyone who contributed to the translation!!

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

Am I the only one who was expecting Miki eavesdropping on their conversation? Sorry for bad Eng.

last edited at Jul 4, 2020 3:10PM

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Lmao that twist in the end was supposed to be romantic, but it gave me a horror story type of twist.
Like someone meets a little girl who's lost in the street and take her home, but when they go back to their house and talk about it with their family, they find out that girl had died years ago.

Anyway, even before the twist in the end I had a feeling Kurokawa was actually waiting for Fujishiro all throughout the supplementary lessons and the library was an excuse too.

Yeah, her facial expression was all off there, it looked sinister as hell

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Agreed, the end page was weirdly unsettling. I had to reread it a couple of times up get that the subtext to the page was romantic, and not Kuro being called out, or punished, or something else sinister.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Oh god please, don't tell me we gonna have an arc for the other friend too.Can we move on the main pair already ? Iro have make her pair more interesting in the chapter with only 2 interventions and we stuck with Adachi Fujishiro and the blatant lie of friendship even after the whole Izumi confession.

I don’t think this is going to be a full-on arc. My prediction is that this thing with the other friend is either going to just be a side thing that’ll be resolved shortly before the series ends, or it’s simply a vehicle to communicate Fujishiro’s fear of abandonment (which’ll likely be what causes her to realize that she wants to be more than “bestest friends” with Kurokawa). But, then again, I’ve been wrong before.

Also, who wants to bet that the first big problem Kurokawa shares with Fujishiro is going to be, “There’s somebody I like,” which’ll cause Fujishiro to get all sulky for a couple chapters. Then, Kurokawa’ll come back and be all like, “It’s you, lol,” then they boink and the whole audience applauds.

last edited at Jul 4, 2020 5:53PM

1bc42bba-336e-466f-a092-8c801c6e02e8
joined Feb 17, 2018

The face Kurokawa made there at the end definitely caught me off guard there but looking at it a second time I think it’s more like a reaction of shock or realization? Maybe? It’s hard to tell. But I do feel that Kurokawa is much more aware of how she feels towards Fujishiro than how Fujishiro feels towards Kurokawa. I mean, look at her: Bestest friends? It’s comedically painful how dense she is lol. At the very least Fujishiro does realize that her feelings towards Kurokawa are different and special, but since she doesn’t actually know what love feels like I guess she’s doing the best she can to interpret the emotions. That’s how I categorized feelings for a girl once because I had never been in love before and didn’t know what romance really was.
Kurokawa on the other hand is either starting to realize she likes Fujishiro or has been subtly aware for awhile and is just starting to realize the depth of what she feels (Chapter 13 is what made me think of this second option). Who knows tho
Lol meanwhile resident gay Iro is just going for the kill

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

I think Kurokawa might be like that because she definitely got closer to Fujishiro(Fujushiro telling her to open up to Fujishiro whenever she has a problem), she now knew Fujushiro is "single"(Fujishiro turned down Izumi), aaaand she got "bestest friend" zoned all at the same span.

Kurokawa might have an inkling of her feelings and that's what's made her super tired at the last panel. Like the life had been sucked out of her or something.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Lmao bestest friends my ass.

joined May 30, 2020

Please let Izumi and Iro be.. you know, "Bestest Friends" too. ;))))))

joined Oct 10, 2016

Took you long enough to realize. oh, wait, from what I saw Senko revealed their feelings after over 90 chapters, so... Idk
HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER
I'm sorry but as far as I remember it was you that thought too much and ended in something with Kanade

Well, author seems to have no idea how to push this story. All I am left with is hope that by the time they graduate, they all understand their decisions and come back to how things were.

Also, is this translation up to date? Are there more? At this pace I don't mind spoilers tbh.

last edited at Jul 5, 2020 3:22AM

SibyllaAurea
joined Apr 2, 2020

I think that Kurokawa's 'dark expresion' at the last page is because, She has already noticed She's in love with Fujishiro, but feels that She would be rejected, just like Izumi, you can see that in the way she reacted im page 16, and the dark angsty pose she is in the first panel of page 21, when she says 'my troubles...'
But maybe im reading way in between lines...time will tell

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

^Honestly I can't remember much of the story at this point, including the nuances of how Kurokawa feels, but my bet would be on something closer to that interpretation.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Please replace Yuri with Bestest Friends thanks

To reply you must either login or sign up.