Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Okay, I have a question for moderators or maybe anyone else here who could answer it.Upload requests should work if I'm just giving a link to another manga site where chapter is hosted, right? But I did that quite a while ago (more than 24 hours ago at least) and still no chapter here...

Depends on where it's from; usually links to https://mangadex.org/ are fine so long as the typeset quality is good. Sometimes things just take a while to be uploaded and approved here.

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Okay, I have a question for moderators or maybe anyone else here who could answer it.Upload requests should work if I'm just giving a link to another manga site where chapter is hosted, right? But I did that quite a while ago (more than 24 hours ago at least) and still no chapter here...

Depends on where it's from; usually links to https://mangadex.org/ are fine so long as the typeset quality is good. Sometimes things just take a while to be uploaded and approved here.

Got it, thanks. I try to upload it with links to MD now (first time I did it with link to manganelo).

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

snickers Oh my god. Oh my god! laughs uncontrollably

LesbianPirate
Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

akira really does have an ass that just won't quit though

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

snickers Oh my god. Oh my god! laughs uncontrollably

same! XD

joined Nov 17, 2019

akira really does have an ass that just won't quit though

On GOD! ♡

joined May 24, 2014

There's nothing that bazookas can't solve!

Champion%20einhart%201
joined Oct 6, 2017

uhhh... so is it bad that i now want AyakoAsukaAkira ot3

last edited at Jul 6, 2020 1:15AM

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

uhhh... so is it bad that i now want AyakoAsukaAkira ot3

Of course not, so does Akira!

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

BOOOOM!~

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch16_35#8

Wow. I feel sorry for Akira-chan, too, Asuka.

4672d5543fdb4e8db485bf09cb8ef6916487919f_00
joined May 12, 2020

Is there another way to support author?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

There's the Fantia and Pixiv Fanbox things, which should have a few tutorials to use if you backtrack through AlexRain's posts. If you use LINE, you can also buy the English 1x1/2 stickers.

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Another way from what? You can also buy her manga on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/bookseries/B073FNP6XJ/kindle/ref=sr_bookseries_null_B073FNP6XJ

last edited at Jul 7, 2020 12:57PM

joined May 4, 2013

Lolice! Open up!

joined Mar 27, 2020

Taiyaki just posted on her fanbox. My Japanese is terrible and it was a long post, but long story short (and I hope I got it right):

1) Things are finally settling down at her family's restaurant, so it's time for her to go back to the manga business. (Aw yisssss.)

2) She's excited because she joined a "school for manga artists" where she will be working as an assistant under an experienced mangaka who's familiar with the production industry. She's doing it because manga is not something that can be done by one person alone, at least not for periodical releases or long-running series without putting a lot of strain on your body. At one point, you have to divide the work among people. That's the purpose of publishers, who handle editing, sales, marketing, etc. But no publisher wants to take Taiyaki's work without radically changing the story (incest is not allowed anywhere, only in R18 magazines, but she doesn't know if the story is actually an R18). And because Taiyaki doesn't have experience in the traditional manga sphere, she is doing everything herself, including stuff that publishers usually do. This is why she struggles with keeping a regular schedule. By joining the school and studying for six months*, she hopes to be able to understand the manga production process and be able to successfully divide tasks among several people. (She's growing, guys :D)

3) She spoke about a re-editing of the earlier chapters, but no details were given.

*I didn't get if she would try to do a release or two in that period. If someone more skilled could take a look, that would be greatly appreciated. In any case, it's pretty exciting to know that she's able to live off her craft and she's gotten popular enough that she needs assistance. She tried to get a publisher, but of course, with the mother-daughter incest going on, no one wanted to touch it.

last edited at Jul 10, 2020 9:12PM

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

I thought that since she has books on Amazon, she had some small deal with some publisher or something like that, so everything is done just by her?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ Thanks for this info.

For somebody who isn’t an “experienced mangaka,” I’d say she’s pretty damned good.

joined Jan 14, 2020

"She's doing it because manga is not something that can be done by one person alone, at least not for periodical releases or long-running series without putting a lot of strain on your body"

I think that's more accurately "manga at the pace demanded by magazines is not something that can be done". Seems like a weekly magazine expects 17-20 pages a week. At the same time I see people saying an artist can produce 1-2 pages a day. Yeah, that math doesn't work out well.

US comics tend to be 22 pages a month; that's with color but also typically a team of people (writer, drawer, colorist, inker, letterer.)

High output webcomics are typically 3 pages a week or 5-7 strips a week -- 12 pages a month, or 20-30 strips. Often by a single person, but if there's both color and lots of detail, there's probably a team, like a writer/drawer and a colorist, sometimes a writer and artist.

68-80 pages a month? Even with B&W, that's high.

last edited at Jul 11, 2020 12:53AM

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

I thought that since she has books on Amazon, she had some small deal with some publisher or something like that, so everything is done just by her?

I'm pretty sure she handles at least the listings herself, she tried to list Kimi no Kimochi at one point and that didn't go well. That's been in continuous print, though, and Let's Meet Again Tomorrow is back as well. I don't know how the actual printing process works, but I get the impression the burden is mostly administrative, and a lot of it has to do with her wanting to do the future re-edited physical release rather than keep it web-only. However, when trying to find a publisher she said that discontinuing physical copies was her backup plan, so there must be some difficulty there.

Also, on the topic of the LINE stickers, the Japanese version can be bought in the US too. When they first came out, I talked to her because they were region-locked (I was concerned this might mean the English ones may accidentally get locked as well), and I don't know what magic button she pressed but she made it happen.

I didn't get if she would try to do a release or two in that period.

I think she's going to try to get back on a normal pace, but even with her tenacity, while she's doing this I'm not really sure if it's realistic. Hopefully I'm wrong, but even with the cliffhanger, I'd be happy to see more shorter works like we've been getting.

last edited at Jul 11, 2020 1:55AM

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

I'm pretty sure she handles at least the listings herself, she tried to list Kimi no Kimochi at one point and that didn't go well. That's been in continuous print, though, and Let's Meet Again Tomorrow is back as well. I don't know how the actual printing process works, but I get the impression the burden is mostly administrative, and a lot of it has to do with her wanting to do the future re-edited physical release rather than keep it web-only. However, when trying to find a publisher she said that discontinuing physical copies was her backup plan, so there must be some difficulty there.

Oh, she sure is giving it her all, I hope everything works well for her in the end. Her works are worth being published at a larger scale.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Thanks for this info.

For somebody who isn’t an “experienced mangaka,” I’d say she’s pretty damned good.

This

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Good to know Taiyaki's progressing with the craft she loves. :)

joined Jun 25, 2017

Thank y'all for translations! The extra is hilarious. So thankful for Taiyaki and your team.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I needed that continuation on that bazooka moment.

To reply you must either login or sign up.