Forum › Posts by Alexrain

Alexrain
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017
Co1fee-1777097705824927981-img1

And now I'm really wondering about last scene from Frieren OP2.

Alexrain
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

I really do love that one of the most messed up things about Sorawo is that she has no idea how messed up she really is.

Honestly, after reading novel volume 7 I'm not completely sure that Sorawo is even human.

last edited at Jun 21, 2022 10:01AM

Alexrain
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017
Syatey_12-1514191615145164802-img1

Can we take a guess of how many Raiden shogun figures she has? I say around 30

She has five according to her profile voice lines.

last edited at Apr 19, 2022 3:29PM

Alexrain
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

I have to report that this strip does not represent game's lore accurately. According to most important Genshin chart list
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Memepact/comments/rxsr53/updated_rating_of_breast_size_of_female_characters/
Amber got bigger ones.

last edited at Feb 22, 2022 6:17AM

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 15 Oct 00:38
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

It’s rather fascinating for me how two people can look at the same thing and see it completely different.

Regarding “I don’t mind if it’s with me” line. Since I was involved in translation I think my opinion about it definitely should count. And I’m 90% sure that Ayako was referring to be fine with Akira looking at her “in that way” not having sex with her. That way the dialog making perfect sense:

Ayako: if you ever look at Asuka in that way […] I don’t mind if it’s me though.
Akira: you are okay with that?!
Ay: I’m already used to it.
Ak: How cold!

Now if they were talking about having sex then the dialog stop making any sense whatsoever:

Ayako: if you ever look at in Asuka that way […] I don’t mind it’s me though. (Why are you fine with it?! Asuka just confessed to you, you accepted her advances to some extend and it’s a very delicate period for you and her and you are going to just start being intimate with Akira knowing all that?!)
Akira: you are okay with that?! (why are you surprised?! you two used to have sex before.)
Ay: I’m already used to it. (why do you need to tell her that? she should know that already)
Ak: How cold! (why are you reacting that way? you already should know Ayako’s attitude regarding sex with you).
And so on and so forth.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 13 Oct 15:59
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Don’t think Ayako ever perceived Akira as any kind of romantic partner (obligatory or not) – rather just as a family (non-romantic kind of it, not the other kind she ended up being with Asuka) and a friend.

Otherwise it doesn't add up to a lot of things. Their last conversation (16.2) for example. If they’d already used to have intimate relationship before, Akira would be asking something akin to “and did you felt the same way with me?” instead of her “what if it’s with me?” following by the demonstration of exactly what’d she meant by said line.

last edited at Oct 13, 2021 4:08PM

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 12 Oct 09:46
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Nah, I think I'll pass. I kinda have a feeling that I've done enough already regarding this manga so I leave that one particular task to someone else who is willing to make the effort.

Also I didn't like your story this time (not quality wise, mind you - quality of writing was as good as in previous one). Though Asuka's refering to Ayako as "Ayako" and not "Mom" in her thoughts continuously confused me since I had troubles discerning which thought was who's.

But first thing first - it's a non-canon version of very non-canon and anecdotic chapter so I have troubles take it seriously at all despite your efforts. And second, I personally don't like the idea of Asuka cheating on Ayako (nevermind the reasons) and find the idea of Ayako having casual sex with Akira when Asuka was a child completely unplausible.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 12 Oct 01:57
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

@lilyflame, since you are communicating with Tayaki regulary could you please ask her if it's okay to upload english chapters here when free version of them is out? Also thank you for your new story.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 30 Aug 01:50
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

@lilyflame, yeah I'm 99% sure that was a mistake in english version.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 29 Aug 08:52
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

So is it okay now to upload (free) english chapters here? I'm addressing this question to you as well as to moderators right now.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 21 Aug 10:34
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

@Goggled Anon, did I get that right? Is 1 x 1/2 japanese serialization going to be free from now on with 1 month delay from paid version? What about english version?

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 25 Jul 12:20
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

It's actually one chapter separated into two parts.

So should we keep discussing it here? Personally I like little changes Taiyaki made. It seems that now she can use her pages more efficiently story-wise. That one strange line from Asuka which I never figured out how to translate correctly because I didn't get the context now changed and finally made sense (I mean that "I won't forgive him" line now instead "serves you right" in the original of course).

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 22 May 21:09
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Thanks for the great news.

Could you somewhat gently influence her stand on the matter? Like suggesting more "western" approach for the english version like paid early access to chapters with free sheduled release? You could argue that it get's her much more readers by the cost of lesser income.

Alexrain
Yuru Oyako discussion 13 May 17:10
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

If your next 1x1/2 fanfic is going to be as good as the first one and it'll have Ayako and Asuka in it would you mind if I translate it into russian? (I hope it'll serve as motivation).

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 05 Jan 06:34
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

@lilyflame
Interesting perspective. Good job and thank you.

Alexrain
Yuru Oyako discussion 14 Dec 03:44
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Joking aside I’m actually pretty upset with how the things turned out. Wonder what Taiyaki purpose is with this. If it’s to make more money I’m not sure it’s going to be achieved: people willing to pay were already paying by different means (I for once was and am still subscribed to her paid plan and bought most of 1 x ½ volumes through Amazon). And the ones who didn’t pay will continue to do so and just stop reading her manga. So if her purpose was to make her manga more available for english-able readers it’s definitely not going to be fulfilled since significantly less people going to read it now. Which is pretty sad.

Madokami knows half the reason I continued participating in english release of 1 x 1/2 was because reading peoples reactions and discussions was fun for me and now all that is going to be gone. Yeah, I’m pretty sad indeed... Well at least for that I still have my russian translation which is not going to be “licensed” anytime soon…

I guess I expected her - being self-publishing artist and all - to be much more chill with official English translation eventually uploaded and shared, maybe adopting a webcomic artists strategy with main contest officially shared freely and paying providing access to extra materials and early access to chapters.

Also I feel like a lot of people misunderstanding the situation: Yuru Oyako manga was not “licensed” in the sense of getting publisher and whatnot - it’s still self-publishing. It’s just Goggled Anon is under contract now and it was Taiyaki’s personal decision for paid-only distribution of his translation.

Alexrain
Yuru Oyako discussion 13 Dec 13:00
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Finally someone’s managed to make a honest man out of you sniff sniff. I'll be missing our pirate time together sniff.

Alexrain
Yuru Oyako discussion 18 Nov 07:52
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Somebody needs to show this to Taiyaki. And explain it if she doesn't get it.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 17 Jul 03:13
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

I think it's wonderful that she's receiving criticism at a professional level and that's the way to improve as a professional, but I feel that Taiyaki's work has a unique charm that may come from her being more of an outsider. I totally disagree that it doesn't express its themes effectively, and I'm concerned that focusing on Asuka/Ayako more may actually exacerbate some of the current issues. I hope this is a long term goal for after the series is finished, once she learns to manage an editing team effectively as she mentioned in the last update.

I agree with nearly all of the above, especially the point that, although the story and art could use some editing and tightening in spots, Taiyaki’s overall style, both in drawing and plotting, is quite compelling as it is, and I too would hate to see its idiosyncrasies smoothed down into a more conventional mode. Unlike some other series I could name, I never got the sense that the author didn’t know where they going with the story, and I have enjoyed watching them work their way toward the goal.

I can easily imagine how a professional editor would rework this series, but I can’t imagine that story actually being considerably better than this one.

I think Taiyaki should see these opinions. Maybe you two could write them on her twitter?

Also, she is planning to start re-writing right now and not in the future.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 07 Jul 12:56
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Is there another way to support author?

Another way from what? You can also buy her manga on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/bookseries/B073FNP6XJ/kindle/ref=sr_bookseries_null_B073FNP6XJ

last edited at Jul 7, 2020 12:57PM

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 04 Jul 08:02
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Okay, I have a question for moderators or maybe anyone else here who could answer it.Upload requests should work if I'm just giving a link to another manga site where chapter is hosted, right? But I did that quite a while ago (more than 24 hours ago at least) and still no chapter here...

Depends on where it's from; usually links to https://mangadex.org/ are fine so long as the typeset quality is good. Sometimes things just take a while to be uploaded and approved here.

Got it, thanks. I try to upload it with links to MD now (first time I did it with link to manganelo).

Alexrain
Where you from?~ 04 Jul 05:54
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Zheleznodorozhny (I'm not screwing with you this is how my town is really called), Russia.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 04 Jul 05:36
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Okay, I have a question for moderators or maybe anyone else here who could answer it.Upload requests should work if I'm just giving a link to another manga site where chapter is hosted, right? But I did that quite a while ago (more than 24 hours ago at least) and still no chapter here...

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 12 Jun 07:21
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

I don't understand pixiv. Anyone got instructions on how to subscribe, or a link for it?

I posted instructions before for subscribing to her Fantia which is basically serve the same purpose as Pixiv Fanbox:
it's not a rocket science

last edited at Jun 12, 2020 7:27AM

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 26 May 12:02
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

That's not the issue here. The problem is that It was stated that Asuka was 15 during her flashback with Miyuki in her 2nd year of middle school: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_volume_7_extras#2 But then if her birthday is in spring she can't be 16 in the autumn/winter of her 1st year of highschool when the manga starts https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch02#9.