Forum › Tadokoro-san (web comic) discussion

Bang%20dream!_%20episode%2013%20_%20we%20sang!-min
joined Nov 15, 2018

they're dead now

joined Nov 9, 2018

How?! Where did you guys find these chapters??? They aren't in the author's pixiv o.O

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I reckon she's over 9000.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Oooh, they're SO dead.

Well, maimed anyway.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I couldn't remember who Kirigaya was either, so I went back and reread the whole thing. Totally worth it.

Man, the mom doesn't just ship these girls; she tosses them into the boat and casts them adrift at sea!

joined Jan 13, 2019

sakurako hostility 100%

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Chap 58 - 6 pages
Chap 59 - 4 pages
Chap 60 - 3 pages

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

This is uhh, how do I say it. Kinda cringe

joined Apr 4, 2019

This story is all over the place. I feel like I just got some whiplash.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

This felt like the Liberta × Tadokoro worlds were about to collapse into each other into a hardboiled singularity.

that's how I felt after reading ch.59-60

joined May 24, 2014

How?! Where did you guys find these chapters??? They aren't in the author's pixiv o.O

Actually, that's a good question

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So hard-boiled! :D

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

These guys made a big mistake...

GestalRoyale
Hj
joined May 3, 2020

Next time on Tadakoro-san: Some punks die in an alley

joined Sep 4, 2016

Well, that escalated quickly.

Don't much care for this trope either. I get yuri is all about the ladies, but I hate it when manga make guys look like total assholes for no reason other than what seems to be sour feminist grapes. Yes, there are some really shitty dudes out there, just like there's some really messed up women. However, the majority of us guys are decent human beings who don't act like this, and would never treat other people that way, regardless of gender.

ObtainCheese
Trappista_cheese_original%20(1)
joined Apr 10, 2020

Don't much care for this trope either. I get yuri is all about the ladies, but I hate it when manga make guys look like total assholes for no reason other than what seems to be sour feminist grapes. Yes, there are some really shitty dudes out there, just like there's some really messed up women. However, the majority of us guys are decent human beings who don't act like this, and would never treat other people that way, regardless of gender.

Yeah, but you know you can't trust someone

Also, it's entertaining to see them getting kil- I mean beat

last edited at Jul 6, 2020 5:21PM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Please continue.

ObtainCheese
joined Apr 10, 2020

Please continue.

I'm pessimistic and paranoid, so it's really hard for me to think man can be nice, also woman too, either way if both of them are a scumbag deserve to get punch on the face.

Ask me if you confuse with my statement

last edited at Jul 6, 2020 5:31PM

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

I'm just going to say something cause this topic is dealing with reality and want to address it.

Yes, almost a majority of men aren't that extremely evil, but I feel that it isn't only people who act that way are the only bad guys. I was an oblivious misogynistic when I was young, thinking that certain roles should only be done by women and men are more privileged. But I grew up and matured out of that mindset, I never intended any parts of my views to be disrespectful towards women but I never thought that my views were entirely disrespectful and because of that I wasn't able to see the whole picture for what it was.

Even though at present I'm more attentive to social inequality, I can't help but feel helpless when certain incidents occur across the world, and what is even more horrifying is that people who are supposed to be good and decent human being aren't aware of the lack of social effort they put into these issues. I'm not blaming normal civilians who genuinely believe they are trying to do good, but there is a very large grey area that most of us unknowingly walk in, that makes us fall short of actually helping out people in need or making a difference.

Sometimes in order to create a clear 'socially just' society for all people, we might need to adopt an extreme narrative that the bad things happening in the real world, may have been contributed by our own obliviousness or inability to distinctively reach out and help. We may not be a part of the crimes that are committed but our inability to help isn't by any means beneficial to anyone.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I'm just going to say something cause this topic is dealing with reality and want to address it.

Yes, almost a majority of men aren't that extremely evil, but I feel that it isn't only people who act that way are the only bad guys. I was an oblivious misogynistic when I was young, thinking that certain roles should only be done by women and men are more privileged. But I grew up and matured out of that mindset, I never intended any parts of my views to be disrespectful towards women but I never thought that my views were entirely disrespectful and because of that I wasn't able to see the whole picture for what it was.

Even though at present I'm more attentive to social inequality, I can't help but feel helpless when certain incidents occur across the world, and what is even more horrifying is that people who are supposed to be good and decent human being aren't aware of the lack of social effort they put into these issues. I'm not blaming normal civilians who genuinely believe they are trying to do good, but there is a very large grey area that most of us unknowingly walk in, that makes us fall short of actually helping out people in need or making a difference.

Sometimes in order to create a clear 'socially just' society for all people, we might need to adopt an extreme narrative that the bad things happening in the real world, may have been contributed by our own obliviousness or inability to distinctively reach out and help. We may not be a part of the crimes that are committed but our inability to help isn't by any means beneficial to anyone.

I think it's necessary for everyone in society to take personal responsibility for calling out any kind of harassment that they see publicly, so that the person doing it comes to understand that it's unacceptable and won't be tolerated. For the person annoyed at the "sour feminist grapes," whatever that's supposed to mean, this goes back to my comment about sexual assault being normalized in Japanese culture, especially fiction. It's everywhere. I mean, literally everywhere. The "magistrate assaulting the girl" is played for laughs all the fucking time. I don't know if it's gotten better in recent years or not, but the depiction of assault is alive and well, as shown by this story. All stereotypes have a basis in reality, and this is no different.

ObtainCheese
joined Apr 10, 2020

I think it's necessary for everyone in society to take personal responsibility for calling out any kind of harassment that they see publicly, so that the person doing it comes to understand that it's unacceptable and won't be tolerated. For the person annoyed at the "sour feminist grapes," whatever that's supposed to mean, this goes back to my comment about sexual assault being normalized in Japanese culture, especially fiction. It's everywhere. I mean, literally everywhere. The "magistrate assaulting the girl" is played for laughs all the fucking time. I don't know if it's gotten better in recent years or not, but the depiction of assault is alive and well, as shown by this story. All stereotypes have a basis in reality, and this is no different.

Couldn't agree more, your statement also said a lots about Tadokoro manga rejection by her editor aka douchebag cause there's no "magistrate assaulting the girl" thingy, hope Sakurochan (I forgot her name) will go after him next...

last edited at Jul 6, 2020 6:37PM

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

So, who wants to start making the funeral arrangements? Gonna need three caskets at least, four if she came from a 'talk' with the editor.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

You're right. It's the reason I don't watch much anime anymore. I basically only read yuri manga so I especially hate when some forced het rape is shoe horned in, in what I thought was an extremely wholesome manga about two girls that like each other. It's just really triggering. Lately western cartoons have the right idea with the lgbt representation but back then I had to settle for yuri anime that was incredibly rapey (ex: kannazuki no miko & strawberry panic)

maybe I am biased because I'm from the states and thats just our culture but I feel extremely bad for women where they have to tolerate a misogynist culture.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

TheAlmightyUltimus posted:

So, who wants to start making the funeral arrangements? Gonna need three caskets at least, four if she came from a 'talk' with the editor.

I dunno why they'd need funerals. Nobody's ever going to find the bodies.

kickap00 posted:

You're right. It's the reason I don't watch much anime anymore. I basically only read yuri manga so I especially hate when some forced het rape is shoe horned in, in what I thought was an extremely wholesome manga about two girls that like each other. It's just really triggering. Lately western cartoons have the right idea with the lgbt representation but back then I had to settle for yuri anime that was incredibly rapey (ex: kannazuki no miko & strawberry panic)

maybe I am biased because I'm from the states and thats just our culture but I feel extremely bad for women where they have to tolerate a misogynist culture.

It's really obnoxious how prevalent this kinda crap is in anime. I'm quite picky about what anime I watch and I still have to tolerate that sort of shit far too often even in shows that are otherwise good. Ghost in the Shell, for example, is widely considered to be a great franchise. (Ignoring Arise which was just all over the place and Stand Alone Complex 2045 which just seems awful from the one episode I was able to sit through.) The Major has to deal with sexist crap far too often, including from well-meaning sources such as Batou. Not to mention the episode in 2nd Gig where Section 9 goes to some bigwig party working as security and the guy they're doing it for gets extremely touchy with the Major and she's just forced to tolerate it.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Just a hint, but if you're in a shoujo manga and someone shows up with shonen particle effects, maybe don't pick a fight with them. Or do. You probably deserve the inevitable outcome.

I don't think that's quite what's happening here. Or, more precisely, I don't think their gender is a key motivator for this exchange. Keep in mind that this is the second time we've seen Tadokoro subjected to extreme harassment, but the last time was lead by a girl. Similarly, these aren't the first guys we've seen in the manga and the last set were perfectly nice, despite looking like punks.

It's really obnoxious how prevalent this kinda crap is in anime. I'm quite picky about what anime I watch and I still have to tolerate that sort of shit far too often even in shows that are otherwise good. Ghost in the Shell, for example, is widely considered to be a great franchise. (Ignoring Arise which was just all over the place and Stand Alone Complex 2045 which just seems awful from the one episode I was able to sit through.) The Major has to deal with sexist crap far too often, including from well-meaning sources such as Batou. Not to mention the episode in 2nd Gig where Section 9 goes to some bigwig party working as security and the guy they're doing it for gets extremely touchy with the Major and she's just forced to tolerate it.

I don't recall Batou doing anything sexist to the Major, though it's been a while since I watched it. As for the second episode, I don't specifically recall it, but was the point to make it clear that those people were powerful and slimy?

To reply you must either login or sign up.