Forum › Tadokoro-san (web comic) discussion

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Gonna take a prediction: Before the finds Sakurako, she gets a call from a very nervous editor saying she was approved.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

sakurako is definitely busy holding that publisher by the collar threatening to ruin his career right now.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Sakurako was definitely listening in, and now that editor is fearing for his life.

And low key Sakurako would probably be able to ruin his career if she really wanted to. She seems to come from a well off family, and they usually have quite a bit of pull in industries like this (at least what I've seen in other manga and stuff)

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Yeah, she's murdering that publisher... That's definitely what's happening right now...

439fd417db3b8250e628d9360cc82281
joined Jun 2, 2019

drhelsing posted:

Certainly looks like if the mangaka doesn't draw cute schoolgirls with jerk shots of their flipped skirts, then her story doesn't have future. The old school we really need from a Todakoro, making stories of some hard guys with guns on Cowboy Bebop style. But no! Let's keep publish isekai, school-life cheap romances and ecchi-harems till you hate them!

That's how the market goes, why complain?

Why is it a problem to complain about the market pandering to desperate guys and pretending everyone else doesn't exist? There's a reason so many people consider isekai and ecchi/harem crap to be total garbage. It's because they're awful on an objective level and only sell well because of all the desperate guys out there.

Konosuba and shield hero aren't awful.

Konosuba isn't, Shield hero definitely is.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Murder is such an ugly term. What she's doing is what the violent dispute market wants.

ckretaznmayden
__sakura_futaba_persona_and_persona_5_drawn_by_kion_kun__d693cf24f18f5565a7cc666e236df3fc
joined Apr 9, 2019

RIP publisher-san, no one will miss you.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Gonna take a prediction: Before the finds Sakurako, she gets a call from a very nervous editor saying she was approved.

sakurako is definitely busy holding that publisher by the collar threatening to ruin his career right now.

Sakurako was definitely listening in, and now that editor is fearing for his life.

And low key Sakurako would probably be able to ruin his career if she really wanted to. She seems to come from a well off family, and they usually have quite a bit of pull in industries like this (at least what I've seen in other manga and stuff)

Yeah, she's murdering that publisher... That's definitely what's happening right now...

My predictions have been 100% wrong lately, but you guys said it, not me. So here's hoping you're right.

joined May 24, 2014

Shield hero awful? Yeah, right

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Shield hero awful? Yeah, right

Konosuba is a parody of isekais. Shield Hero is a one-dimensional quest for who can be the stupidest person in order to make the ignorant twat look good. And the "hero" willingly engages with the slave trade to find himself a wonderful multi-fetish-ticking slave girl who develops Stockholm syndrome. Yeah, really great story.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

who develops Stockholm syndrome.

Because he is the only one to treat her like a human and not like a slave ? Imagine developp feelings for someone who treat you nicely, feed you, protect you and help you. Disguting

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

who develops Stockholm syndrome.

Because he is the only one to treat her like a human and not like a slave ? Imagine developp feelings for someone who treat you nicely, feed you, protect you and help you. Disguting

Someone who bought you like a piece of merchandise, and didn't immediately free you. Never forget that.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Here is not the place to talk about it but it seem that you purposely forget the context to make your point.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Here is not the place to talk about it but it seem that you purposely forget the context to make your point.

The context is problematic at best, and pro-slavery at worst. But sure, bow out if you don't have an actual argument.

joined May 24, 2014

Someone who bought you like a piece of merchandise, and didn't immediately free you. Never forget that.

Yes, "free" an almost helpless and defendless racoon child unto the wild so she can die or get captured again. Utterly brilliant.

joined May 24, 2014

I think that Sakurako-san about to get stupid

last edited at Jul 5, 2020 9:05AM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Yes, "free" an almost helpless and defendless racoon child unto the wild so she can die or get captured again. Utterly brilliant.

Freed from her slavery is not the same as set loose and abandoned. A child can understand the difference.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

We've had this argument several times before. Can you at least take it to this thread? Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Jelbel posted:

drhelsing posted:

Certainly looks like if the mangaka doesn't draw cute schoolgirls with jerk shots of their flipped skirts, then her story doesn't have future. The old school we really need from a Todakoro, making stories of some hard guys with guns on Cowboy Bebop style. But no! Let's keep publish isekai, school-life cheap romances and ecchi-harems till you hate them!

That's how the market goes, why complain?

Why is it a problem to complain about the market pandering to desperate guys and pretending everyone else doesn't exist? There's a reason so many people consider isekai and ecchi/harem crap to be total garbage. It's because they're awful on an objective level and only sell well because of all the desperate guys out there.

Konosuba and shield hero aren't awful.

Considering they didn't even attempt to actually address the point I was trying to make, it's clear they're just here for reactions. You shouldn't waste your breath responding to them.

I feel like the inclusion of attempted sexual assault is really out of place for a fluffy comedy strip, but I guess Super Saiyan Sakurako is pretty cool.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I've honestly been thinking there's some sort of Fight Club thing going on with Sakurako. Ever since their date.

joined Feb 22, 2018

I feel like the inclusion of attempted sexual assault is really out of place for a fluffy comedy strip, but I guess Super Saiyan Sakurako is pretty cool.

You're overlooking the hardboiled subtext of this manga. Why wouldn't there be an attempted rape?

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

You're overlooking the hardboiled subtext of this manga. Why wouldn't there be an attempted rape?

It feels tonally out of place with everything else that happens in this manga. Bullying is one thing, but attempted rape is something else entirely.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Oh thank God it wasn’t just me. Yeah, that scene came a way out of left field for me (then again, it probably did for Tadokoro as well). Like, it’s fine if things get a bit dark but that was a whole other level right there.

Also, it’s been awhile, so could someone remind me who Kirigaya is?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I've honestly been thinking there's some sort of Fight Club thing going on with Sakurako. Ever since their date.

I would refer you to my post on page 108 about why this doesn't make sense.

To reply you must either login or sign up.