Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I can feel the drama creeping in.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Unexpected

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I also think Rin is getting slightly ahead of herself here… Mayuki only said "I don't mind if Akira acknowledges the existence of people other than me", but Rin's conclusion is "Oh yeah, she's totally poly!"

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lyendith posted:

I also think Rin is getting slightly ahead of herself here… Mayuki only said "I don't mind if Akira acknowledges the existence of people other than me", but Rin's conclusion is "Oh yeah, she's totally poly!"

Perhaps, but she did listen to her whole story about loving 2 people and her desire to live with them forever so there's hope that her message got across properly

joined Jul 23, 2017

Now im rooting for Rin x Mayuki

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

rainbow8 posted:
Hmm, I note in the second one, Akira is looking at Rin, Rin is looking at Mayuki, and Mayuki could be looking at Rin or at someone ahead of her.

Mayuki's pose seems standard in manga for someone who is either looking behind them or in the process of turning around to do so.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

That's not what I took away from it, I think what's more likely is that she appreciates how Mayuki is willing to keep Akira in her life even if Akira chooses someone else because she wants her to be happy.

blatant_harvester
Snpl
joined Feb 16, 2013

When I was in Chicago public schools, 70% was maybe a D. 50% would be failing in any class outside of some hard college courses with strong mercy curves. (Perhaps the teacher wanted to give room to excel, or had no idea how to write a good test to the material... These were all advanced math courses where you had to do more than regurgitate knowledge.)

30% seems pretty low. Like you don't know 70% of the material but still pass?

Well, at least in Uni..."passing" alone doesn't mean much, there's still a cumulative GPA to maintain, and if you only passed all courses, you're still getting the boot (or another scenario- get an A+ on a course to cover for another you got a D in).

joined Jan 14, 2020

Which makes the standard even higher, because yeah, you usually need a C average to be considered safely passing, then in college or grad school scholarships or continuation might depend on B or higher.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

That's not what I took away from it, I think what's more likely is that she appreciates how Mayuki is willing to keep Akira in her life even if Akira chooses someone else because she wants her to be happy.

Hm… I gues that's a valid take if we consider that Rin is tired of jealousy and selfishness ruining her relationships.

120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

Those kisses is 10/10 (´ε` ʃƪ)♡

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I just follow this story for Akira, I hope I have some love relationship with Rin
Mayuki is meh I'm not interested in her

Dude this is kanno, it's gonna end poly for sure lol. I would me impressed if it ends any other way but c'mon it's in the title even.

last edited at Jun 24, 2020 12:26AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ The manga itself has already spoiled the ending, on the first page, no less

last edited at Jun 24, 2020 3:28AM

9a905fe6a22b0201f7ade2de48a73f8d
joined Jan 22, 2014

But its the journey that matters!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Yes indeed

9a905fe6a22b0201f7ade2de48a73f8d
joined Jan 22, 2014

When I was in Chicago public schools, 70% was maybe a D. 50% would be failing in any class outside of some hard college courses with strong mercy curves. (Perhaps the teacher wanted to give room to excel, or had no idea how to write a good test to the material... These were all advanced math courses where you had to do more than regurgitate knowledge.)

30% seems pretty low. Like you don't know 70% of the material but still pass?

Well, at least in Uni..."passing" alone doesn't mean much, there's still a cumulative GPA to maintain, and if you only passed all courses, you're still getting the boot (or another scenario- get an A+ on a course to cover for another you got a D in).

Guys, this is middle school, don't bring Uni standards here. Also, teachers can adjust the difficulty of the test so the percentage means nothing. In my high school, each teacher had a different "passing" grade. For math it was usually 10%, but most of my classmates failed even that, because the test was so hard. Conversely we had subjects where "passing" was from 60% but it was a breeze (Geograpy class, where you got some points even for half-right anwers).

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Then again, this is Japan, where they have entrance exams for freaking middle school. I wouldn't be surprised about anything.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Then again, this is Japan, where they have entrance exams for freaking middle school. I wouldn't be surprised about anything.

I'm more surprised that (I'm assuming) wherever you're from doesn't have entrance exams for middle school. (Though that's mostly because I live in a country where entrance exams for first grade is a thing if you didn't take kindergarten and/or preschool in that same school)

last edited at Jun 24, 2020 5:40PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Well, in my country the only schools with entrance exams are the elite schools for rich kids, and they're usually high schools or higher. It can also happen for some of the high-level university courses (like my translation masters). Outside of that kids go to whichever school is the closest to where they live −although derogations are possible− and they can enter any university they want as long as they've successfully graduated high school. So yeah, it's a bit different from Japan.

last edited at Jun 24, 2020 7:57PM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

The art in chapter 4 just blew me away, especially when they were playing Basketball together and she saw her senpai sparkling and it was shown with that shine/flashing lights overlay over her

10/10 would read this till the end for the art alone

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Yup, she's definitely polished her craft in that department.

Speaking of the art, Canno did a livestreaming on Youtube recently! We don't see her, though. =(
Seems like the official abreviation for the series is "YasaKan", as I expected.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The problem Rin faced in her previous triangle relationship is that the other two girls didn't really get along and didn't even like each other. It's impossible to have a poly triangle with two girlfriends when one of them says about the other: "Shiho-sempai... I hate her!" That relationship was doomed from the beginning.

In this case, however, every one of the three girls likes and cares deeply about the other two. That's a good start to make the poly triangle work.

(By the way, Luminous=Blue sure could have used a few kisses like the one Rin gave Mayuki. Or a lot of such kisses. Just sayin'. )

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

The real journey is the girlfriends we made along the way.

joined Feb 18, 2015

I love the fact that "To Pass The Exam" appears to come from the book title that Akira gave to Mayuki, and Mayuki gave to Rin so she could help her use it to study. Tutoring sessions "to pass the exam" were how Mayuki and Rin met. It's the reason Akira gave Mayuki the book. And the book is the way that Akira figured out that her kohai is the girl who took the first kiss of the girl she's crushing on. Now she just has to figure out WHY, because if she hasn't figured out that Mayuki has a crush on her, she's more oblivious than I expect she is.

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

I need more. Please, I beg of you!

To reply you must either login or sign up.