Forum › An Easy Introduction to Love Triangles (To Pass the Exam!) discussion

Kokoko
joined Mar 14, 2014

Huh, I thought Rin would see Akira's name in the book first. But I think not everyone write your name on that kind of textbook?

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

That kiss was fucking sexy.

Also this manga keeps getting better and better. The frameworks are so good compared to everything else I've been reading lately, talking about consent, giving real life advice, etc. And the drama in these past couple chapters! It's the good kind, not the artificial padding bullshit, but stuff that makes sense and goes somewhere. Omg I'm so completely psyched for the next chapter!

joined Jun 5, 2020

zzz poly

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Twisty.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I like how we see Akira’s "dark side" in this chap in a way that’s… understandable. She has integrated that role of "cool girl that everyone loves", so it doesn’t make sense to her that Rin would find one of her fans more attractive than herself. As if one piece of the puzzle was suddenly out of place.

Also I love that look of "ugh, I don’t wanna do this shit" she gives at the end. XD

And interesting little detail, their argument takes place under the "tree of love" mentioned earlier…

joined Jan 14, 2020

What's a less healthy relationship than making out with your student while keeping it a secret?

Making out with a 'student' whom you think "no one would choose"!

joined Jan 21, 2020

I really hope Akira gets humbled and changes in the next few chapters cuz atm she seems like an asshat.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

My god, what a fucking twisty twist.

Chocolate%20photo%20-%20copy
joined Apr 2, 2013

Lol, Akira needs to hear the full story. At least the full story from Rin’s POV. But Akira’s too much of a high horse to listen. No wonder why Mayuki failed in getting Akira’s attention to begin with. Mayuki is more emotionally mature and accepting, that’s why Rin’s attracted to her.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I NEED TO KNOW WHATS GONNA HAPPEN

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So Akira was looking down on Mayuki all this time. Tsk.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

herobunnymon posted:

Lol, Akira needs to hear the full story. At least the full story from Rin’s POV. But Akira’s too much of a high horse to listen. No wonder why Mayuki failed in getting Akira’s attention to begin with. Mayuki is more emotionally mature and accepting, that’s why Rin’s attracted to her.

That's a really good take... I agree, Akira needs to learn why Rin loves her and that way maybe see the faults in herself

Rin can't just say "yeah go ahead" so I'm very excited to see what happens next with her response, now that all the perquisites have been set in motions... Except... Mayuki who still need to learn about the whole deal.

joined Oct 24, 2014

it's no surprise Akira struggles with getting close to people when her first instinct to being confided in is to either get knee-jerk judgmental or privately consider you weak.

i also think she's misunderstanding the situation... Rin wants to be teaching the "non-school stuff." Akira can frame it as helping Rin out of an ethically weird situation but her solution is just an attempt to displace the mayuki/rin relationship and mitigate her own jealousy. Neither of the other two girls fit the boxes Akira has placed them in. She seems to think they're both clueless, vulnerable, and unable to make sensible choices on their own, so she needs to step in as a voice of reason, when her own actions are also teenager-typical levels of irrational.

Interested to see if/how her attitude changes. my guess is that mayuki will surprise her.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Yeah, this chapter has the air of building toward an epic reversal.

edit: I've seen the expression "(going) on the offensive" in different stories here. What's the Japanese phrase it translates? 押せ押せ? 攻撃? 攻勢?

last edited at Jul 18, 2020 4:59PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, Canno will eventually make the poly work.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I can't wait for Akira's first day as the replacement because everything's gonna set off once all of the parties have all of the info.

Even if they are all amenable to poly, Akira's still operating off of the assumption that she "lost". And there's a high chance that Mayuki will do the same once she realizes that Akira likes Rin.

Really I'm the most worried about Rin carrying all of this guilt on her own.

last edited at Jul 18, 2020 5:16PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

edit: I've seen the expression "(going) on the offensive" in different stories here. What's the Japanese phrase it translates? 押せ押せ? 攻撃? 攻勢?

The last one! "Kakugo no kousei" (覚悟の攻勢)

And yeah, when you think about it, all three of them are being immature in their own ways − Rin by giving in to her attraction without considering the consequences, Mayuki by causing a messy situation because of her selfish motivation, and Akira through her poisonous superiority complex and entitlement. It’s interesting.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Wow, Akira is such a bitch this chapter. The remarks she made were so disgusting, like "who on her right mind would chose Mayuki". Fuck off on the toxic jealously, bitch.

Mayuki and Rin were developing so well, I even think Mayuki is already kind of in love with her too.

last edited at Jul 18, 2020 5:27PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Oof, Akira's ego needs to be cut down to size which is ironic since between the 3 of them she is by far the least interesting or likeable.

last edited at Jul 18, 2020 5:31PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

That's a big piece of Humble Pie she's ordering. ' -')

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Mayuki about to be like, "this is good? I think?"

Akira is in a dark place this chapter.

last edited at Jul 18, 2020 5:48PM

joined Dec 18, 2018

While Akira definitely is a bitch in this chapter, I think the art and the internal dialogue really convey well the levels of anxiety she's feeling.

Also Mayumi is about to be hit with a whole lot of confusion.

last edited at Jul 18, 2020 6:06PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Oof, Akira's ego needs to be cut down to size which is ironic since between the 3 of them she is by far the least interesting or likeable.

Funny, before this chap I actually found her the most likeable of the three. Now she’s become less likeable, but also a lot more interesting.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

page 4: "basketball" is misspelled in the third panel's first speech bubble.

ParasyticGhoul
Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

Idk man I'm really thinking akira is such an ass

To reply you must either login or sign up.