Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

god this fucking couple.

but maybe this is the drama we need...it probably is.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Has.....has he really never said "I love you" in this manga? I've been thinking a lot of her anxiety might just be in her head, but yeah, it's starting to sound justified.

I think it is justified, in this likely being a pity marriage on his part. OTOH I don't know if we've seen enough of the married couple in the circumstances where we would expect them to say "I love you", so I'm not sure this particular evidence is strong.

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

deep inhale*

B I T C H

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Has.....has he really never said "I love you" in this manga? I've been thinking a lot of her anxiety might just be in her head, but yeah, it's starting to sound justified.

Citrus flashbacks

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

That didn't turn out as planned, but he stuck with her believing it would work and also because he is afraid of hurting Kaoru even more by telling her the truth, so he just resigned himself to living a comfortable married life even if he isn't in love with his wife (wouldn't be the first person in the world to do that).

AND NOW, hopefully they divorce soon.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Citrus flashbacks

This had me LOL-ing. It's so apt!

Unknown%20(1)
joined Jan 30, 2019

Divorce :)

last edited at Jun 10, 2020 5:58PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Heck yes!

https://youtu.be/912DKxD0H1U

23131889_285323998648077_5029786755005305904_n
joined Jan 11, 2019

WE WANT

DIVOOOOOOOOORRRRCE

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Its been 84 years

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

WE WANT

DIVOOOOOOOOORRRRCE

DIVORCE! DIVORCE! DIVORCE!

joined Jan 17, 2020

I don't think Reiichi is a bad guy after all. Kinda feel bad for him.

Also, Kaoru is gay. I sense her entire bout of insecurity and now investigation into Reiichi's feelings for her is triggered by her subconscious feelings for Uta in the first place...If she didn't have a thing for Uta, she wouldn't question the marriage.

last edited at Jun 10, 2020 11:48PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

I don't think Reiichi is a bad guy after all. Kinda feel bad for him.

Yeah, he's not a villain. Everyone's still better off with a divorce. Tabun.

Also, Kaoru is gay.

I dunno, she was really into Reiichi, and seems still to be, thrown off now not by "I don't have feelings for him" but "he doesn't have feelings for me" and "was he cheating on me with Ritsuko?"

From lesbian testimony that doesn't entirely rule out "I was gay all along", but on the evidence seen I'd say she's into guys, or at least that guy. And in a different way 'into' Uta -- obviously very tied up with her, even clingy, but we've yet to see evidence of romantic/sexual interest in any girls.

Happy ending for this reader: Kaoru is bi, learns and accepts Reiichi married her out of pity, leaves, takes up with Uta. Probably starting semi-unhealthily at first -- clingy rebound taking advantage of Uta's feelings and hopes of having a shot after all -- but growing into something good.

last edited at Jun 11, 2020 12:21AM

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

When the divorce finally goes through please for the love godoka let there be a time skip.

If there isn't then the story is probably going to start revolving around Ritsuko again. Then the cliched, wow, never knew I was surrounded by this many gay women. Maybe I should analyze my own sexuality some more?

Oh shit, I'm gay for Uta.

Uta is a saint.

last edited at Jun 11, 2020 5:30AM

WE WANT

DIVOOOOOOOOORRRRCE

YESSSSSS DIVORCE! DIVORCE! KAORU IS BI!
LET'S GO LESBIANS LET'S GO!

joined Apr 28, 2019

Ngl.. Their relationship is so boring & awkward o-o..Y'all some adults wyd lmfaoo

joined Apr 28, 2019

WE WANT

DIVOOOOOOOOORRRRCE

YYEEEAAAH GEETT INTOOO ITT!!!

Ec324dcc-cdf2-41b8-a84a-08270b64c8bc
joined Feb 20, 2019

WE WANT

DIVOOOOOOOOORRRRCE

YYEEEAAAH GEETT INTOOO ITT!!!
GO GO DIVORCE! WHOO!

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

DIVORCE

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

I dunno, she was really into Reiichi, and seems still to be, thrown off now not by "I don't have feelings for him" but "he doesn't have feelings for me" and "was he cheating on me with Ritsuko?"

From lesbian testimony that doesn't entirely rule out "I was gay all along", but on the evidence seen I'd say she's into guys, or at least that guy. And in a different way 'into' Uta -- obviously very tied up with her, even clingy, but we've yet to see evidence of romantic/sexual interest in any girls.

Happy ending for this reader: Kaoru is bi, learns and accepts Reiichi married her out of pity, leaves, takes up with Uta. Probably starting semi-unhealthily at first -- clingy rebound taking advantage of Uta's feelings and hopes of having a shot after all -- but growing into something good.

This sounds like a lesbian love affair disaster. I don't see Kaoru as 'bi' or else she'd be willing to even remotely entertain the thought of pursuing Uta out of realized growing romantic/sexual love.

Perhaps the best possible outcome that would calm me down: Kaoru opts for a single life, loving herself fully first even after divorce... It's nice to be single too and emotionally independent.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

DIVORCE

Wtwtf? LOL

joined Jan 14, 2020

"I don't see Kaoru as 'bi' or else she'd be willing to even remotely entertain the thought of pursuing Uta out of realized growing romantic/sexual love."

I don't think that follows at all. Kaoru is married, dedicated to Reiichii (or thinks she is), and Uta is the "little sister" and underage. That provides plenty of mental barriers to thinking about anyone else, let alone Uta. Or to 'realizing' what her attachment to Uta is actually based on.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

I don't think that follows at all. Kaoru is married, dedicated to Reiichii (or thinks she is), and Uta is the "little sister" and underage. That provides plenty of mental barriers to thinking about anyone else, let alone Uta. Or to 'realizing' what her attachment to Uta is actually based on.

I see what you mean. But none of that could be seen as 'leads' or cues to classify Kaoru as bisexual, or to even generate a speculation that she is.

That provides plenty of mental barriers to thinking about anyone else, let alone Uta.

Regardless. For a person to realize 'mental barriers' in connection to romantic or sexual attraction, she has to be conscious of those. Right now, what the author gives us is Kaoru being conscious to opening herself to self-love and independence so she wouldn't hurt either herself, Reichi, or Uta. I admit though, it's impossible to separate this "awakening" to Uta's declaration of romantic/sexual love for Kaoru, ESPECIALLY when Uta pulled herself away from Kaoru's family.
Personally, when the confession came in, in the chapters that followed, I find that the author's attempts to show Kaoru's mental process of the confession aftermath was kind of... inadequate, I guess? I just can't find any meat to support the case that Kaoru suddenly found herself wishing for Uta's presence beyond the need for psychological support (i.e wanting romantic/sexual connection with Uta).

We can only speculate. The frustration about this thing is what made me wish half-jokingly that Kaoru would snap GAY and have a threesome with Uta and Risako.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The frustration about this thing is what made me wish half-jokingly that Kaoru would snap GAY and have a threesome with Uta and Risako.

“Kaoru snaps gay” is our only hope.

EDIT: Where is our “Risako seduces Uta” doujin, with art by Nagori Yu? (“Come to me, kitten, and I’ll show you things Kaoru never dreamed of.”)

last edited at Jun 13, 2020 8:01AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yes, there has been no evidence Kaoru is bi. Or attracted to anyone besides Reichi. I'd taken you as saying she can't be bi.

To reply you must either login or sign up.