Forum › Posts by kami-sama

kami-sama
Image Comments 30 Jun 00:53
joined Aug 29, 2015
Eki6bksu8aazu9z-orig

PekoMiko are best friends IRL. I'm sure they're interacting offstream. I wasn't sold on MiComet earlier on but the Summer Festival prove me wrong. Suicopath have great chemistry with almost everyone.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

A slow-burn manga with a shoehorn happy ending. The epilogue played out like a doujin.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

It would have been better if the author only focus on one time skip wherein Uta and Kaoru are reconfirming their feelings for each other or if there is any to begin with on Kaoru's part instead of jumping from timeline to another timeline.

It is also funny that it was the side couple Kuro and Miyabi who got their happy ending but the final stab in the back is seeing Reeichi live next door with Uta and Kaoru lol. You can just imagine an NTR plot twist waiting to happen on those last panels. Tsk tsk

last edited at Oct 21, 2020 10:40PM

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

I'm not even a fan of this manga and I feel cheated lol.

"I pirated this shit and still feel ripped off."

True lol but imagined the reaction of those entitled assholes who got angry at Chaosteam for prioritizing Citrus over My Unrequited Love when they see this ending.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

I'm not even a fan of this manga and I feel cheated lol. Four years and 36 chapters of yuri angst trope only for it to end ambiguously. Yuri bait at its finest.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

Everyone will be happy if Reiichi can just get out of the picture and I'm on the boat of Risako and Kaoru meeting up once in a while. Risako is brutally honest unlike Reiichi and Uta because she doesn't give a f*ck. a dose of truth will help Kaoru to realize that she is in a sham marriage.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

I think the drama between Kaoru and Reiichi has been dragging far too long than we expected. We've been waiting for more Kaoru and Uta centric chapters and I hope this painfully slow build up for any romance to happen between them will be worth the wait.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

it is funny to see Kaoru look lost and confuse after she woke up without Uta by her side and it is clear that Reichhi regrets marrying Kaoru out of pity.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

I don't think anyone would notice even if Dynasty removed the romance tag on this manga. At this rate, the story will end when Kaoru gets pregnant.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

The other manga "Living with my brother's wife" is gayer than My Unrequited Love even though it doesn't have a yuri tag on it.

It kinda drives you nuts to see Kaoru and Uta have these emotional almost romantic moments only for Uta or Kaoru to snap us back to reality every time they mentions Reiichi into their conversation ruining the moment for all us. Yuri-baiting at its finest.

last edited at May 3, 2020 7:55PM

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

I don't think there's any chance of Kaoru and Uta being the endgame couple. As the "title" suggest, the plot is more about Uta dealing with her "unrequited love" for Kaoru. It's as straightforward as it can be.

It's just insufferable and frustrating at the same time to see Uta be dragged down into this rabbit hole.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

I don't see any happy ending with any of the "main pairing". Just gotta see this through till the end.

kami-sama
Citrus + discussion 19 Apr 23:02
joined Aug 29, 2015

So, Citrus+ is gearing towards Mei x Yuzu x Harumin. Mei is definitely jealous of the closeness between Harumin and Yuzu as Mei did tightly clenched her teddy bear when she became jealous of the kiss between Yuzu and Matsuri.

I know Sabu wants to make a point on how Mei is still socially awkward but can't she lessen making Mei say those cringey line "Don't overwork yourself for Mei Aihara's sake". However, I can't complained that much because I really enjoyed Mei and Harumin's interaction.

if only Citrus was a love triangle manga. All of us by now would have been lured into a trap thinking Harumin has a chance in hell of becoming Yuzu's love interest. Sucks for us though as it will never happen.

Can't wait for the next chapter!!!

last edited at Apr 19, 2019 11:04PM

kami-sama
Citrus + discussion 20 Feb 23:20
joined Aug 29, 2015

In my opinion, Yuzu and Harumin wouldn't be this likeable, if it weren't for Mei.

But how interesting would it be, if Citrus was an actual love triangle story between Mei x Yuzu x Harumin and Harumin was the protagonist?

Anyway, Yuzu and Harumin were not romantically link on Citrus but they're interactions were one of the best things in the manga and anime. they're just too entertaining to watch.

kami-sama
Citrus + discussion 20 Feb 11:44
joined Aug 29, 2015

Just speculations based on Harumin's behavior. Harumin saw Mei approaching Yuzu and she instinctively decided to hide and wait, maybe she just wants to give them some privacy? or she feels awkward being with them together?

One thing I know for sure is that Harumin seems to always know when it's not the right time to get involved with Yuzu and Mei especially when she "still didn't know" that they're in a romantic relationship.

When Matsuri confronted Harumin that she's being too affectionate with Yuzu. Harumin acted like she was being caught in the act but she only played it cool. Her expression look like she was being called out for something she always gets away with.

I love me some Mei x Yuzu x Harumim x Matsuri. I hope Sabuoro will go with this route.

last edited at Feb 20, 2019 11:53AM

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

I could still remember the time when everyone hated the idea of Happy Sugar Life being adapted into an anime, but as I can see the anime adaptation turns out to be better than everyone expected it to be.

But Damn it, Am I the only who expected Satou and Shio would have successfully escaped and lived a new life? Season 2 could have Satou tries her hardest to maintain Shio's innocence and purity as she grows up but in the end fails miserably which ultimately leads to Shio rebelling against Satou.

The finale was bittersweet, As Satou falls down to her death while imagining what kind of life, she and Shio would have if they live, she finally realize what love really is. Shio however will forever be bound with her memories of Satou leaving unrepairable psychological damage to her for the rest of her life.

I can't believe that a psychological horror story could hit you with the feels. Geez, even in the end Shouko was the one who stop Satou from her craziness of keeping Shio locked away forever.

last edited at Sep 29, 2018 10:11PM

kami-sama
Citrus discussion 20 Jul 22:04
joined Aug 29, 2015

I don't get why a lot of readers hate Mei. If you'd been reading Citrus, you'd expect that Mei is gonna be forced into an arranged marriage and she'll likely obliged because of how Saburo Uta built her up for this scenario.

People rage on Mei like it was easy to choose between your family and your lover LOL

last edited at Jul 20, 2018 10:06PM

kami-sama
Citrus discussion 18 Jul 23:48
joined Aug 29, 2015

I'm delighted that Citrus will have a happy ending however, I'm also disappointed with this volume. I know Saburo Uta is capable of writing a better ending than this. it's feels rushed and you can tell that Saburo Uta didn't put much thought on these recent chapters because it's the most cheesiest and cliche volume of Citrus.

The most shocking revelation about this chapter is the fact that Mei was still studying at their school LOL so, this whole time Yuzu could have hunt down Mei around the campus instead of feeling sorry for herself. I'm not gonna lie that I was rooting for Yuzu while she tries to reach out to Mei but I feel kinda stupid for reading this chapter This ending is like below everyone's expectation.

last edited at Jul 18, 2018 11:49PM

joined Aug 29, 2015

This is short but good. There's a lot of yuri manga/manhwa out there that milks the one-sided feeling aspect of the love story before some developments actually happen.

I thought this is going to be a generic manhwa formula where the evil ex appears and ruined the pace of the romance. I'm glad, it didn't go that route.

kami-sama
Citrus discussion 21 Jun 22:24
joined Aug 29, 2015

matsuri_wins

You know what? it's hopeless to explain to you, how Saburo Uta wanted to tell Mei's perspective in this arrange marriage arc.

Holy sh*t, you've been reading 30 chapters of Citrus and you still haven't figure out the reason why Mei is so "dutiful", she's doing all of this for the people close to her.

I don't know how many times Saburo Uta hinted that Mei didn't like how other people, namely her grandfather control her life. yeah, she wanted to inherit the academy but she never wanted the conditions along with it.

last edited at Jun 21, 2018 10:48PM

kami-sama
Citrus discussion 20 Jun 00:52
joined Aug 29, 2015

matsuri_wins

To be fair, Mei thinks that Yuzu is the damsel in distress in their situation and she was the one saving her.

Mei has always been a very responsible person even when she was still the emotionless and cold-hearted girl back in the first four arc. so, I don't really know what's your problem with her being an exceptional "family-oriented" person up until now.

As for Yuzu, I don't know about you but I don't want Citrus to be another smut yuri manga which is like the trend right now (yuri manhwa) geez, it doesn't have to go that low to get more readers.

last edited at Jun 20, 2018 7:02AM

kami-sama
Citrus discussion 20 Jun 00:15
joined Aug 29, 2015

matsuri_wins

I think it's called character development and not because she became lame LOL

Technically, Mei hadn't broken Yuzu's trust. Yuzu knows that Mei did it for their family and not because she was being selfish. it's the reason why Yuzu didn't hold a grudge against Mei and it's going to be the reason why she's gonna come after her for the upteenth time to tell her that everyone is cool with them being gay and all, and that she was prolonging the drama for no reason LOL

I hope gramps has something up his sleeve to stir some sh*t up because I want heavy drama with even just, a tiny bit of logical sense into it. I'm not gonna ask for some hyper-realistic scenario. I just want it to be entertaining. #makecitrusgreatagain

last edited at Jun 20, 2018 12:33AM

kami-sama
Citrus discussion 19 Jun 23:50
joined Aug 29, 2015

matsuri_wins

Thats how Mei's character works, She thinks that she can save Yuzu from all the family drama, if she obeys her grandfather, the same way how Matsuri thought that sexually harrassing Mei will force her to leave Yuzu.

I mean, you know, each character in Citrus has their own way of showing their affection with the person they like.

Just look at Yuzu, Mei, Matsuri and Himeko. They pretty much act their feelings without even considering what the other person might think because they felt like it was the right thing to do, well until someone slapped some sense into them. Isn't this the reason why Harumin is so precious, it's because she's the most sensible character in this manga

last edited at Jun 20, 2018 12:10AM

kami-sama
Citrus discussion 19 Jun 23:28
joined Aug 29, 2015

matsuri_wins

I don't know why a lot of people hates Mei when it's clear that she didn't choose to marry some random dude because she wanted it, but because she felt like it was the right thing to do. it's as simple as that.

But I felt sorry for Mei because "plot twist" their parents and friends doesn't care at all if Yuzu and her are dating or even get married to each other. as for her grandfather, who cares about him lol

last edited at Jun 19, 2018 11:38PM

kami-sama
Citrus discussion 19 Jun 22:42
joined Aug 29, 2015

With how Shou and Ume was portrayed in Citrus, did anyone really expected them to disown Yuzu after coming out to them?

Anyway, I don't know how to interpret Harumin's expression when Yuzu told her that she loves Mei as a lover. She somewhat looked disappointed for a second then she instantly changed to her usual self. I know I'm overthinking things but I hope it's a hint that Harumin isn't straight at all. Saburo Uta should really create a spin-off with Harumin as the lead.

last edited at Jun 19, 2018 11:23PM