Forum › A Room For Two discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Also, this kind of felt like a prelude to the end.

That may be the "ominous" thing people were pointing towards.

I enjoy this series immensely, but would also be OK if the author feels like ending it. We know these people pretty well by now, and while I personally want to follow them until they're old folks in their rocking chairs (or maybe both of them in one rocking chair), that's mostly me being greedy.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I don't care about labels but I do feel their relationship is pretty platonic. I think Sakurako might like to take things further but Kazumi has drawn a like she doesn't want to cross and Sakurako respects that. That makes for an interesting dynamic but it's kind of a shame too. I'd like to see their relationship develop further. I don't think it's gonna happen though.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 12:04PM

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

I’d say they’re like sisters. Love each other? Yes. Live together? Yes. It’s just not romantic or sexual.

Labels are there for other people to understand what’s going on. If we don’t use them, we might as well read anout two boys or a girl and a cat, like why putting labels if it’s just lovey-dovey relationship? But I don’t want to read about boys and cats. I want my “labeled” yuri. And the thing is that this is not it. It’s just sisterly relationship, whether you want any labels or not.

I see it exactly the same.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I wonder how many ways people can find to say, "This series isn't for me."

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Only cuz i don't see it as Yuri it doesn't mean that "this series isn't for me"

joined Feb 18, 2015

I don't think Sakurako's comment about them "not dating" is a statement that they are not at all sexual but if it is, that's fine too. They could be in a queerplatonic relationship and that would be just fine. They do occasionally kiss and Sakurako occasionally obviously is attracted to Kasumi, but it's possible that Kasumi is ace, and Sakurako has figured this out and respects her boundaries.

We did get "partner who's something like my girlfriend, my pet cat..." https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch53#5 Followed by grumpiness about labels.

That's also the chapter that had Kasumi spontaneously kissing Sakurako on the lips when she got home.

As someone else already pointed out, it was probably a cheek kiss, but it might have been a poorly drawn kiss on the lips as well. We can dream. That chapter ALSO has Sakurako taking Kasumi a drink at work at the photography studio and seeing the picture that her boss took of her in a wedding dress hanging on the wall and gushes over it, saying, "I'd love for us to wear matching wedding dresses!" Kasumi asks, "For what?" and Sakurako says, "A wedding ceremony!" Then, in chapter 59, there is this little exchange:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch59#9

Sakurako wanted to get thumb rings. After they buy them, Kasumi thinks to herself, "But anyway, I thought she was gonna say that she wanted rings for our ring fingers. That's surprising..." And Sakurako thinks to herself, "Even if three months pay is expensive, I guess I'll do that after I start working full time." Then Sakurako SAYS: "I'd love to go back there for some thinner rings!" and Kasumi responds, "Yeah, one day."

So it's clear that Kasumi totally expects that they will have a commitment/wedding ceremony of some sort at some point and wear rings on their ring fingers. SHE is not going to initiate the process, but she will be happy to wear the ring when Sakurako decides it's time. Regardless of anything else, they are life partners.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Didn't a chapter imply Kasumi and Sakurako have slept together?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Only cuz i don't see it as Yuri it doesn't mean that "this series isn't for me"

So absolutely delighted to hear it.

I guess all the various "This isn't yuri!"posts are just from nomenclature hobbyists standing up for absolute precision in genre taxonomy.

crystalyst1931
joined Jan 14, 2015

May I ask? At which chapter did Moka and Ruri are official?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

May I ask? At which chapter did Moka and Ruri are official?

Here

You mean that ? Was just a refresh

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

The smile Sakurako showed Moka was so bright but that smile she had on a little after they parted looked so painful. It's scaring me.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

'There is no simple label that really accurately captures the relationship these two have. "Life partners" is probably the closest although that label is so generic and broad that it also fails to really give a proper picture of what's going on.

"Boston marriage"

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

'There is no simple label that really accurately captures the relationship these two have. "Life partners" is probably the closest although that label is so generic and broad that it also fails to really give a proper picture of what's going on.

"Boston marriage"

Wow, it has been a really long time since I heard that phrase. ("We're two adult women living together and what we do in bed is none of your business.")

Nicely played, nicely played.

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

That moment when a "Extra chapter" have more pages than our normal chapters.
Anyways, am I sensing an "End game flag"?

Also, allow me to show off my latest purchase.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 9:51PM

joined Dec 3, 2018

Author: “People who argue about labels are missing the point."

What point? That the author has somehow crafted such a unique story that the entire human race has not been able to come up with the words to describe it? Doubt it.

'Deep bond' and 'love' aren't labels. They are adjectives.

Adjectives are descriptions for nouns, they are literally labels by your own personal definition. The issue is that their relationship can be put into neat cookie cutter catagories, saying that we simply can't is just ridiculous. Everything has a label and if the author somehow comes up with a situation that doesn't then we will make one. 'Girlship' seems to be the hot contender here.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That moment when a "Extra chapter" have more pages than our normal chapters.

Also, allow me to show off my latest purchase.

You know that i hate you :( , we don't have a date yet for Vol.7 of Futaribeya and Vol.14 of Murcielago just keep getting delay because of Corona.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Author: “People who argue about labels are missing the point."

What point? That the author has somehow crafted such a unique story that the entire human race has not been able to come up with the words to describe it? Doubt it.

'Deep bond' and 'love' aren't labels. They are adjectives.

Adjectives are descriptions for nouns, they are literally labels by your own personal definition. The issue is that their relationship can be put into neat cookie cutter catagories, saying that we simply can't is just ridiculous. Everything has a label and if the author somehow comes up with a situation that doesn't then we will make one. 'Girlship' seems to be the hot contender here.

What is your goal in this conversation? To make the people who see this as yuri admit defeat? To make everyone accept your personal definition as to how this series should be labeled?

You've defined this to your personal satisfaction--congratulations. Now what?

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I don't believe so. The "pilot" suggests that Kasumi would be fine with it if Sakurako wanted to, but the canonicity of that story is questionable and I don't believe the issue has ever actually been pressed in the series proper.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

"Boston marriage"

Neat, that's a term I haven't come across before.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

As far as I am concerned, I've seen no indication that Yukiko won't be handing off the final chapter to this on her own deathbed and no sooner.

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

Lilliwyt said:
You know that i hate you :( , we don't have a date yet for Vol.7 of Futaribeya and Vol.14 of Murcielago just keep getting delay because of Corona.

That's fine, being the Shogun is to be hated as much as to be loved, if not more.
And look on the bright side, at least you can read your mangas, I can not.

^
As far as I am concerned, I've seen no indication that Yukiko won't be handing off the final chapter to this on her own deathbed and no sooner.

last edited at May 2, 2020 4:35PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Author: “People who argue about labels are missing the point.”

Dynasty readers: “No, we’re not! No, we’re not! No, we’re not!”

I enjoy this series immensely, but would also be OK if the author feels like ending it.

They still have to buy together that house with a white picket fence, and turn it into their private little nest of love. I wouldn't want to miss that.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Author: “People who argue about labels are missing the point.”

Dynasty readers: “No, we’re not! No, we’re not! No, we’re not!”

I enjoy this series immensely, but would also be OK if the author feels like ending it.

They still have to buy together that house with a white picket fence, and turn it into their private little nest of love. I wouldn't want to miss that.

Oh, indeed--it can go indefinitely as far as I'm concerned.

But if it were to end fairly soon it wouldn't necessarily feel like the main story didn't have a chance to get told, like it does when a series suddenly gets axed in midstream.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

After they buy them, Kasumi thinks to herself, "But anyway, I thought she was gonna say that she wanted rings for our ring fingers. That's surprising..."

Tbh it IS surprising cuz that is something what Sakurako would do.

joined Oct 3, 2016

After they buy them, Kasumi thinks to herself, "But anyway, I thought she was gonna say that she wanted rings for our ring fingers. That's surprising..."

Tbh it IS surprising cuz that is something what Sakurako would do.

It is but according to my research, Kasumi's the main Escalator in this relationship. Since Kasumi proposes regularly it's already set in stone. I feel like they'll casually apply for a partnership once they start working and move to their new house.

last edited at May 2, 2020 10:22AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.