Forum › Fukakai na Boku no Subete o discussion

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

This is the best manga what i read a while now. Hope new chapters coming soon in english.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Many thanks to Hachimitsu Scans for the translations. Glad to see they return.

Anyway, new arc with "family". Looks like it's gonna be heavy. There are at least some wholesome moments here and there. Favorite is Tetsu referring to his big sister. Very heartwarming.

Meanwhile Sakura may have an eating disorder. Life at home does not seem pleasant.

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Tetsu doing some pretty solid emotional support in this chapter considering his age. It is a shame that no one double-checked with Mogumo whether they were on okay terms with the sister who just shows up at their workplace and starts misgendering them.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Meanwhile Sakura may have an eating disorder.

Yeah, the wanting to eat "bad" food, then only eating a little, then excusing herself to go to the restroom, then asking the family member on the phone if they'd had food yet.... all heavy-handed signs point to being bulimic or some other eating disorder.

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

I feel like none of Mogu's friends are concerned about this random chick showing up and violently ripping their hair tie out? That must have hurt and was totally unprovoked. I'd be very worried after that.

Userpic-128-white
joined Jul 21, 2015

Meanwhile Sakura may have an eating disorder.

The way the phone conversation went, I think their mother might be the one with a disorder and Sakura has just been pushed into imitating her. If her mom has been really bad about remembering to eat or eating enough, it makes sense that she'd ask. She mentioned earlier that since Mogumo isn't around "everything has fallen to me", which seems like it probably means pressure from their parents.

I feel like none of Mogu's friends are concerned about this random chick showing up and violently ripping their hair tie out? That must have hurt and was totally unprovoked. I'd be very worried after that.

They probably wrote it off "because she's family", you definitely see that dynamic sometimes where people don't feel like they have the right to intrude on interactions between family even if they're crossing some lines. Naturally Tetsu intruded because he feels like he has the right to (or doesn't care, I guess)

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Gotta say, the presence of the sister felt quite uncomfortable all around. I'm not really sure what's going on there with the happy-go-lucky attitude and suddenly coming with spiteful outbursts.
That being said, Tetsu is a real homie

Mogusmall
joined Apr 28, 2015

They probably wrote it off "because she's family", you definitely see that dynamic sometimes where people don't feel like they have the right to intrude on interactions between family even if they're crossing some lines. Naturally Tetsu intruded because he feels like he has the right to (or doesn't care, I guess)

My read on that is honestly closer to: Ten was overly excited by Mogu's sister just existing inside the cafe, if he saw at all. The way the panels are framed we can't see the rest of the restaurant, but it's also not unreasonable to think that Ten might have been otherwise occupied, and just heard the outburst rather than saw it.
Mei: Clearly sees something is wrong via Mogu's expression and demeanor, but hasn't yet had time to follow it up.
The others just weren't present.
As for Tetsu, he's their boyfriend! He's seeing his significant other in significant distress, and acting quite out of character, and has just born witness to one of Sakura's outbursts. However, he's coming from a position of little to no information, so until Mogu chooses to talk to him about it, all he can really do is be as caring and supportive as he really can. But he's not going to just let anyone shout and tear down Mogu, especially in the middle of his cafe.

last edited at May 3, 2020 12:10PM

joined Feb 24, 2019

So glad to have more from this series. Kinda a shame that it's family drama for poor little Mogumo, but it's written really well. I love how the author doesn't immediately demonize Sakura despite all of her glaring faults. There's clearly more problems in their home life and it might have nothing to do with Mogumo's gender identity. Sakura seems overburdened with family responsibilities, Mogumo seems to want out of it altogether, and their mother seems to be sick or unable to care for herself. It's also quite interesting to see how much stock Mogumo puts into Sakura's opinions and how little she seems to care about how "different" they are. She seems far more concerned with Mogumo's lack of maturity. They also clearly want to imitate her appearance and she might be trying to look more like they did previously, though it's far less apparent if so. Sakura may be onto Mogumo and Tetsu's relationship and, if so, again not really caring that it isn't "normal."

A lot happened in just two chapters and I'm really excited to see where it goes.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I feel like the author is trying to address too many teen issues at the same time.

It just piles up randomly, just to drag the story along.

After the non-binary, the gay and the lesbian, now, we have an eating disorder. What's next? Cutting? Bullying? Pregnancy? Abuse?

JohnnyCanuck
Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

forgot what its called but you know when a kid gets bored playing with a toy and they see another kid playing with it, seemingly having more fun with it, they want that toy back. i forgot what its called but im pretty sure the kids who do that tend to harbour "materialistic" ideals as in to see worth in something that's validated by others rather than oneself, probs some more backstory to why Mogu is the person he/she(because it wasn't specified) is today.

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

he/she(because it wasn't specified)

The most respectful address if you're unsure is generally just a neutral "they".

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

Anyway, new arc with "family". Looks like it's gonna be heavy. There are at least some wholesome moments here and there. Favorite is Tetsu referring to his big sister. Very heartwarming.

Meanwhile Sakura may have an eating disorder. Life at home does not seem pleasant.

You called it.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I'm just surprised to see they live with their mom. I kinda just assumed Tetsu was living with his sister.

joined Apr 26, 2016

Sakura lied about Mogu's mom not a good sign

Yokoe
joined Apr 8, 2018

This manga got uncomfortably relatable very quickly

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

You called it.

Yeah. This just hit home real fast. Happened with a childhood family friend. For her it's the same reason as Sakura (I'm assuming). It's about control. In a world where everything feels out of control, what you eat and how you moderate your weight becomes the only thing you can control. Eat and purge. The things you alone have agency over. Sakura needs some help and soon.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Eating disorder AND depression I see.

Meh.

joined Apr 30, 2020

You called it.

I'll be honest. I read the raws.

Anyway, nice to have some fluff moments despite the family drama arc. Was hoping Mogu would sleepover tho and maybe meet the mom.

joined Jun 3, 2014

he/she(because it wasn't specified)

The most respectful address if you're unsure is generally just a neutral "they".

How'd they get so far into the story without realizing that Mogu goes by they/them???

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

JohnnyCanuck posted:

he/she(because it wasn't specified).

Are you serious? How the hell you missed the fact that entire manga is about how Mogu doesn't identify as either gender?

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Man latest chapter got me mad. Don't blame your sibling for how shit your parents are.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Men should act like men, and women should act like women

I think I see the problem here.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Their dad is a shit stain

1bc42bba-336e-466f-a092-8c801c6e02e8
joined Feb 17, 2018

God this one hurt. I don’t think Sakura actually blames Mogumo despite what she said at the end. However, her life is utter shit right now because her family life is in complete disarray (that father makes me so pissed). Mogumo leaving certainly didn’t help, and I kinda get this feeling that she felt like they abandoned her and left her with this broken home. Her last lines just seemed... lonely. She wants her sibling back, but her father is a definite obstacle and it’s making lots of things difficult.

To reply you must either login or sign up.