Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

I found myself cheering for Inoue, with all her quick reactions, defusing and wingman'ing the heck out of things~
...but, I do feel, she missed a chance in dropping a remark that would lead to Mikawacchi-team to take enough pitty on Kase to invite her to their girls-room (well, now Fukami got her roomy'ing again, at least for one nite).

Am I missing something? Or imagining? I thought Yamada at one point even had fantasized on her own (very overwhelmdly so) about living with Kase next year... I really thought, it was a done deal already...

...HOW did Mikawacchi not realize the inn was called "Inoue Inn" when she booked the place, flags raising etc? Or did she do it on purpose and played ignorant?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I found myself cheering for Inoue, with all her quick reactions, defusing and wingman'ing the heck out of things~
...but, I do feel, she missed a chance in dropping a remark that would lead to Mikawacchi-team to take enough pitty on Kase to invite her to their girls-room (well, now Fukami got her roomy'ing again, at least for one nite).

Am I missing something? Or imagining? I thought Yamada at one point even had fantasized on her own (very overwhelmdly so) about living with Kase next year... I really thought, it was a done deal already...

...HOW did Mikawacchi not realize the inn was called "Inoue Inn" when she booked the place, flags raising etc? Or did she do it on purpose and played ignorant?

It would be a good excuse for me to do a full re-read instead of the million other things I have to do, but I seem to recall Yamada being pretty freaked out when the subject of cohabitation first came up, but they put it off at the time because it was so long until they had to think seriously about it. That's my recollection anyway.

Mr. Google says that "Inoue" is the 17th most common family name in Japan (the equivalent of "Thompson" in the US), and, incidentally, the third most common in Fukuoka prefecture (for what that's worth).

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

...I did not know that. I know Yamada, Satou and Tanaka are very high up, but haven't heard Inoue a lot. But I'll give Mikawacchi a pass then.

Yeah, I also remember Yamada being freaked, especially when the topic was first introduced... I just thought, I recalled her thinking about it on her own at least once (also kinda spazzing about it)... But I may be imagining things. May be my brain filling in the waiting times between chapters...
But who am I to ignore any weak excuse to reread... >.>

Edit: If the next chapter doesn't full-fill it's 'threat' of a shared bath, I will be very disappointed ...and so will Kase-san, I assume XD Gal's in need for some watering before she shrivels... C'mon, Yamada! Apply your plant-knowledge to your thirsty bae!

last edited at Apr 12, 2020 3:05PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Edit: If the next chapter doesn't full-fill it's 'threat' of a shared bath, I will be very disappointed ...and so will Kase-san, I assume XD Gal's in need for some watering before she shrivels...

I suspect that some degree of "disappointed" (as in "not yet fully fulfilled") is Kase-san's natural state.

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yeah the first time Kase asked Yamada about it she didn't even know if she got accepted to her college yet. Also.....

YAMADA FANTASISED ABOUT LIVING WITH KASE? WHEN??? :333333333

joined Feb 1, 2013

I'm on only page 12 of the latest chapter, and I was struck by something: The way Kase is talking, her expressions, the fact that she leans in to rest her forehead against Yamada's...

Kase REALLY is 'No, Seriously' IN LOVE with Yamada! I mean, I know they like each other and all, but I was suddenly struck- as a reader- by the thought "Oh wow, like she's seriously all-in in love with her!"

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm on only page 12 of the latest chapter, and I was struck by something: The way Kase is talking, her expressions, the fact that she leans in to rest her forehead against Yamada's...

Kase REALLY is 'No, Seriously' IN LOVE with Yamada! I mean, I know they like each other and all, but I was suddenly struck- as a reader- by the thought "Oh wow, like she's seriously all-in in love with her!"

I don’t intend this in a mean way, but isn’t that a big part of what this series has always been about?

Back in the first series, on the roof after the Inoue-senpai misunderstanding got cleared up, Kase laid it all out to Yamada that she’s always been crazy about her.

(I mean this in addition to the fact that Kase also wants to devour Yamada whole, like a boa constrictor with a hamster.)

joined Feb 1, 2013

I don’t intend this in a mean way, but isn’t that a big part of what this series has always been about?

Back in the first series, on the roof after the Inoue-senpai misunderstanding got cleared up, Kase laid it all out to Yamada that she’s always been crazy about her.

(I mean this in addition to the fact that Kase also wants to devour Yamada whole, like a boa constrictor with a hamster.)

I haven't re-read the original series, but after going through other chapters of this one- like the one where Kase-san rescues her from that horrible mixer- that I'm now putting together all the signs of just how much Kase loves Yamada, who's just too pure and adorable for her own good!

I swear, Yamada's obliviousness to how dammed cute she is keeps seeming like a potential problem for them, like she needs to realize that part of what attracted Kase to her is also one of the things that will invariably cause problems for them when clueless boys are drawn in by how adorably cute she is!

All of that said, I've been aware of Kase-san's desire to "devour" Yamada. But I'm only really starting to now appreciate the true depths of how she feels about her.

last edited at Apr 21, 2020 10:20PM

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

I love reading moments where you can really tell how deeply in love Kase's fallen with Yamada, they make me blush and my heart melts =w=

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hana-chan is a previous little angel who must be protected at all cost.

joined Jun 12, 2019

Happy birthday Kase-san!!

last edited at May 1, 2020 8:54PM

joined Feb 23, 2016

They are so adorable!!(⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎)

Shadowofdimentio
Madoka%202
joined May 13, 2018

That quick, casual kiss gives me life more than anything else

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

Dang I need an insulin shot now. But boy does it feel good to see those two dorks again.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Happy birthday to the best yuri tomboy of all time

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

They say a marathon, but I don't think they really mean a marathon. Those damn things are F-in long. My dad runs them. once he had me drop him off at the start, and pick im up at the finish. It took me a half hour of highway driving to get between the two.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Bojack726

I haven't re-read the original series

You should. Find the time, lean back and really do that - and enjoy the experience to the fullest.
I promise you no regrets!

I keep pointing it out, but really:
The first time you read this manga, you're influenced by Yamada's POV, her thoughts and perspective in the text.
But on second read you may easily find yourself able to actually look at what's happening.
Like, Inoue-senpai: On first read, I was all on board with "what's her deal!? shoo-shoo!", but since my first re-read, it's obvious she never meant any harm to Yamada, just spoke truely (she wanted her race against Kase, no interruptions, so Kase would be at her best - turned out, Kase was even better with Yamada around, which both impressed her and had her competitionist instincts roar, but no hard feellings against Yamada).
With a re-read, it really does make sense how she acted as the couple's wingman in the latest continuous chapter. She's a good friend to Kase. And she does like Yamada, too. Knows, they are good for each other.

The same with anything Kase..
First read I demanded more Kase-POV chapters. But on re-read(s) it's all there. Ever since, Kase's behaviour towards Yamada in the first and second chapter - she's always been crushing for her, hard.
My fave may be this though: Kase thirsting for Yamada at first sight!
Kase doesn't need her own POV chapters - everything we need to know about her, even more than Yamada acknowledges / realizes, it's all there, has been from the start. (It's just covered beneath Yamada's own perception of her own short-comings and lacking confidence, her own over-thinking misleading the reader from Kase's actual words and actions and reactions.)

And yes, you are right: Yamada is too cute and naive and ignorant (regarding her own appeal to others) for her own sake. And yeah, sure, Kase may be the overprotective type - but as proven time and time again, for good reason.
So, re-reading and all of Kase's actions and her attitudes make total sense.

...the new chapter notification had me squeal.
Seeing the chapter length had me involuntarily disappointed, along with it being obvious on the first page, that it's not a continuation of the plot.
Then I realized the timing.
Then there was the sneaky kiss - picture me grasping my hands before my chest and giggling, squealing in sheer delight.

All worth it <3
I love this manga to death, and will keep recommending it. (Just got a friend hooked last week :P)

On a belated note: I re-read my hard-copies just last week, and seems I truly just imagined Yamada thinking/remembering again to move in with Kase in some future... Dunno how my brain made that up... My faux.)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Happy Birthday! ^_^

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

My fave may be this though: Kase thirsting for Yamada at first sight!

Lol
Those delicious little thighs are truly Kase’s downfall.

“Yes, Yamada, by all means, let’s go shopping for matching shoes! I’ll help you try on pair after pair after pair. Wear that cute little skirt to make it easier . . . “

EDIT: That next sequence is maybe the most important in the whole series for understanding the connections between the MCs—Yamada’s conversation with the teacher gives the eavesdropping Kase a whole new way of looking at what she’s doing. And for all Yamada’s naïveté and insecurities, she’s really a very centered character about some fundamental things.

Like Kase hearing Yamada in that scene, reading this series makes me feel refreshed.

BTW, a very good reading of the series, KKQ.

last edited at May 2, 2020 11:55PM

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

They say a marathon, but I don't think they really mean a marathon. Those damn things are F-in long. My dad runs them. once he had me drop him off at the start, and pick im up at the finish. It took me a half hour of highway driving to get between the two.

I mean it probably would if there were people running all over the roads.

joined Apr 24, 2018

YES! Happy birthday Kase-san :D

This is seriously a series that keep on giving

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

https://chaniebon.com/blog/2016/2/19/marathon-taikai
http://michellestimeinjapan.blogspot.com/2014/12/running-japanese-high-school-marathon.html

It's a 5-8k run - so doable in under an hr for the 5k, maybe a little more than an hr for the 8k. I think the idea of going from only having PE class and being otherwise sedentary to running a full marathon (~42k) would be crazy and result in injuries or it would take literally all day.

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

Awwwwww adorable!!! ^//////////^ the kiss, they're gonna buy sneakers again :3 and yayy Yamada's gonna try running again! ^_^ happy birthday to Kase-san! :D damn I guess she's 20 now? :o

joined Sep 1, 2017

I mean it probably would if there were people running all over the roads.

It's an official event. They run it from one town to the next on the side of the highway. The state police set up the route and patrol it to makes sure it stays safe.

joined Sep 1, 2017

https://chaniebon.com/blog/2016/2/19/marathon-taikai
http://michellestimeinjapan.blogspot.com/2014/12/running-japanese-high-school-marathon.html

It's a 5-8k run - so doable in under an hr for the 5k, maybe a little more than an hr for the 8k. I think the idea of going from only having PE class and being otherwise sedentary to running a full marathon (~42k) would be crazy and result in injuries or it would take literally all day.

I figured it was something like that. I've seen school "marathons" in other manga. I knew that they couldn't be the full 26.2 miles. Geeze I'm getting winded just thinking about it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.