Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Also, Hana-chan should absolutely seperate from the group or ask the others if they're up for it if shes trying to get picked up. The way she did it was almost as if she was trying to get dates for the others aswell even tho they didnt want to.

Judging by this episode along with the mixer fiasco, Hana-chan seems to have absorbed a lot of theoretical het dating research via teen magazines without any actual field experience.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ That honestly sounds like the most reasonable explanation.

last edited at May 25, 2020 11:51AM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

When I first looked at this page, I thought for sure that Yamada's little "glance" in the bottom left corner was for us, the readers. Like she was glaring at us and thinking: "It's a bikini, so what? Don't stare, you pervs!"

Oh and also:

My first reaction at this scene was: "NOOO don't water her with seawater! Salty water is bad for plants!" Lol, Yamada may have sentience and locomotion, but it's hard for me to think of her as something else than a member of the vegetal kingdom. ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^ )

^ This is a proper watering way. :P

Ya know everytime, they kiss and Yamada's hands are just like up in the air or not really anywhere, but like so close to Kase's butt, I just wonder why she doesn't go for it. I'd love to see Kase's reaction to that.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

OK, now that I’ve recovered from that little bathing-suit/makeout-session-induced trance, how about a little Japanese-culture help here:

Department stores have professional track teams?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Someone on Mangadex answer me about that

I've mostly heard about things like baseball teams, but apparently Japanese workplaces (well, not the small ones, but fairly big companies) do this thing where they get quite serious about the company doing sports and I guess competing with other companies and stuff. It can be a factor in hiring even.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Feels like that would be some unimportant amateur team rather than something Kase would be really aiming for with her talent. In fact I'm sure the current silly misunderstanding is that Kase is only going back to her hometown to help out her department store's track team for one particular event rather than planning to move back and join it full time.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh, I'm sure she would be quite serious about joining it full time if it meant living there together with Yamada.

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

HOT DAMN Kase making out with Yamada while they're in bikinis is HOT!! :D OMG when she reached her fingers down Yamada's bikini bottoms and her other hand was cupping Yamada's ass/thighs mm and she said do you mind if we get more clingy and I'm like YES PLEASE :D and then the scene switched and I'm like NUUUU Y U DO THIS TO US XD also their breasts pressing against each other hot damn ;3

last edited at May 25, 2020 7:44PM

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

Sorry i didn't mean to post 3 times -_- apparently this site doesn't like emojis

joined Feb 18, 2015

I've mostly heard about things like baseball teams, but apparently Japanese workplaces (well, not the small ones, but fairly big companies) do this thing where they get quite serious about the company doing sports and I guess competing with other companies and stuff. It can be a factor in hiring even.

If you have ever read Suzuka, which has track stars as main characters, the topic comes up near the end of that manga as well.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If you have ever read Suzuka, which has track stars as main characters, the topic comes up near the end of that manga as well.

I haven't read that one. Is that an employee team with some trained athletes hired nominally to work at the company but really as sports "ringers," or a full-time professional team that is sponsored by the company?

Such things happen in the US with company softball leagues where one software company of mainly geeky types has a couple of startlingly burly and impressively skilled players who supposedly "work the loading dock" or something.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

^ This is a proper watering way. :P

Awwwwww... looking at this old drawing from the first time they met, it's easy to understand why Kase fell in love with this adorable angel of pure moe.

joined May 1, 2013

Nah, I think of Kase-san being the conscientious wingman. She’s also keeping her novia, Yamada, out of trouble with her problem-instigating friend who has already put them in a social predicament requiring Kase-san to step in to stop it. (the beer meet&chug&plug)

Ah yes, the helpful and kind friend, stepping in to... tell a person she doesn't really know to "stop selling herself so cheaply" by wanting to talk to other human beings. A champ. It's a good thing she stepped in, or Yamada might have, uh, felt awkward about not knowing what to say in a social situation!

Are... are we supposed to be getting off on this? Is it supposed to be hot how there's this repeated story, the same thing over and over, where Kase desperately protects Yamada's innocence from the dirty outside world, and then takes Yamada off to do sexy things (and thus soil her innocence)? Like is "her purity is mine alone to violate!" a fantasy? Not to yuck anyone's yums, but I don't get it.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I wonder if Kase’s defensiveness towards men approaching Yamada is the result of a prior negative experience? She seems fine with girls approaching Yamada so I wonder if her ex left her for a dude? Or maybe she knows the locker room talks boys share....

Though in Yamada’s case, I can understand why she’s protective. Yamada didn’t even know how girls did it. She doesn’t even realize she’s being hit on since she doesn’t know how attractive she is.

For Yamada, it’s normal to feel uneasy when you see pretty girls around your lover. To top it off, she believes Kase only dated girls with similar interests and combined with the fact that they don’t really spend a lot of time together, I get why things would fester.

I wonder if their anxieties will dissipate if they start being open about their relationship with at least their university friends/roommates.

last edited at May 26, 2020 4:04AM

joined Mar 8, 2019

Ah yes, the helpful and kind friend, stepping in to... tell a person she doesn't really know to "stop selling herself so cheaply" by wanting to talk to other human beings. A champ. It's a good thing she stepped in, or Yamada might have, uh, felt awkward about not knowing what to say in a social situation!

I think it was more like Kase didn’t want her to throw herself at some randos. Hana wasn’t looking for platonic conversation, she was looking to get her flirt on. Kase directed Hana over to the hut where the track guys she knew would be.

Are... are we supposed to be getting off on this? Is it supposed to be hot how there's this repeated story, the same thing over and over, where Kase desperately protects Yamada's innocence from the dirty outside world, and then takes Yamada off to do sexy things (and thus soil her innocence)? Like is "her purity is mine alone to violate!" a fantasy? Not to yuck anyone's yums, but I don't get it.

I don’t know if she’s protecting Yamada’s innocence from the outside world per se. Kase seems like she’s being possessive, which could be rooted to a fear of Yamada dumping her to conform with the rest of society and get with a dude, than her wanting to preserve Yamada’s purity.

These two just need to realize that the attention they’re both receiving from others is definitely unwanted.

last edited at May 26, 2020 4:21AM

Zab58mp
joined Feb 10, 2019

I wonder if Kase’s defensiveness towards men approaching Yamada is the result of a prior negative experience? She seems fine with girls approaching Yamada so I wonder if her ex left her for a dude? Or maybe she knows the locker room talks boys share....

I'm pretty sure Kase herself told Yamada that she was her first girlfriend in the original serie.
Can't remember the exact page but I'm pretty sure that betwee Volume 3 and 5.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I'm pretty sure Kase herself told Yamada that she was her first girlfriend in the original serie.

I think she only said she won’t love anyone but Yamada. If she didn’t have an ex, Kase’s probably projecting. She believes the guys want to get in Yamada’s skirt, much like herself. In Kase’s case, she at least caught feelings before she started lusting after Yamada. The guys that are hitting on Yamada don’t know any thing about her except that she’s cute.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

It was towards the end when Inoue comes back and they meet at school, Yamada calls her Kase's ex-girlfriend and they clear up the misunderstanding.

As for Kase being overly protective and possessive towards Yamada, while it could be seen as harmful, she obviously doesn't do it with bad intentions so I don't think too hard about it.

I think she only said she won’t love anyone but Yamada.

You're right, but she said that after Yamada said she was jealous because she thought Kase had dated someone else beside her. So if Kase did, she kinda dodged admitting it to her.

last edited at May 26, 2020 5:31AM

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm confused why are people saying Kase is only scared of guys hitting on Yamada but not girls? first of all, no girls have ever hit on Yamada, so how do we know Kase isn't afraid of girls hitting on her if we never seen it happen thus never seeing Kase's reaction to it? and secondly, in the apron chapters at some point Kase actually says I don't want another boy OR girl to take you away (or something along those lines) am i forgetting something here? i don't ever recall any girls flirting with Yamada besides Kase?

21gpbzwhmdl._sx425_
joined Jun 25, 2019

also on a completely unrelated note, i love how Hana-chan called the guys hotties and then they turned around with their lenny faces xDDDDD

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

You're correct, but it's only in the extra pages that were added in volume 4 to flesh out the "Crêpe and Kase-san" chapter. Here on dynasty we have the magazine version, the tank version is slightly longer. Here's what you need to see:

Zab58mp
joined Feb 10, 2019

You're correct, but it's only in the extra pages that were added in volume 4 to flesh out the "Crêpe and Kase-san" chapter. Here on dynasty we have the magazine version, the tank version is slightly longer. Here's what you need to see:
(https://i.imgur.com/58u06qq.jpg)

Thanks ! I was searching it too when I saw your post ^^. I was sure that I saw it written somewhere in the manga.

But to be honest I think we're overanalysing a fluffy manga ^^

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It’s only overanalysis in the sense that the way this series is written makes it unlikely that, once an issue is addressed, there would be some kind of further hidden psychological backstory needed to explain the characters’ actions. So once we got what amounts to Kase’s romantic “origin story” on the roof, that was to be taken at face value.

Now, there’s no compelling reason why it wouldn’t be theoretically possible to find out about, say, the first time Kase realized she was attracted to girls (it could be that semi-upskirt scene of the Delicious Plant Appointee bending over that we’ve seen, but it could have been earlier than that). Or we could get a bit more background on why Yamada is so extremely naive and sheltered (raised in hydroponic vats is as good an explanation as any so far).

Readers are free to have any reactions to Kase’s actions they like, of course, but in the story’s terms Hana-chan has been established as nearly as socially clueless as Yamada, only with an uninformed thirsty het streak, leading to unfortunate situations with strange guys that require Kase’s interventions.

Kase’s general antipathy to guys can be easily explained by those grotesque swirly things they have on their noses.

Zab58mp
joined Feb 10, 2019

It’s only overanalysis in the sense that the way this series is written makes it unlikely that, once an issue is addressed, there would be some kind of further hidden psychological backstory needed to explain the characters’ actions. So once we got what amounts to Kase’s romantic “origin story” on the roof, that was to be taken at face value.

Now, there’s no compelling reason why it wouldn’t be theoretically possible to find out about, say, the first time Kase realized she was attracted to girls (it could be that semi-upskirt scene of the Delicious Plant Appointee bending over that we’ve seen, but it could have been earlier than that). Or we could get a bit more background on why Yamada is so extremely naive and sheltered (raised in hydroponic vats is as good an explanation as any so far).

Readers are free to have any reactions to Kase’s actions they like, of course, but in the story’s terms Hana-chan has been established as nearly as socially clueless as Yamada, only with an uninformed thirsty het streak, leading to unfortunate situations with strange guys that require Kase’s interventions.

Kase’s general antipathy to guys can be easily explained by those grotesque swirly things they have on their noses.

Yeah I was just saying it was overanalysis because it's unlikely that after 6 volumes there would hidden dark psychological backstory to the characters, at least not without clear hints during the manga.

But like you said, people are free to make a deep analysis to the manga if they want, I mean it's a good exercice for the mind et imagination and that means the story is not plain and boring ^^

I was propably traumatized by high school French course where you took 3 weeks to analyse a single page of the introduction of a "Théâtre de l'absurde" play only to figure out that the statement was obvious

last edited at May 26, 2020 8:37AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.