Forum › We're Not Dating, But We Did It Anyway discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Sequel to the original https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/so_do_you_wanna_go_out_or

No connection directly to the series.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

No connection directly to the series.

Well since we haven't a chapter in year, it's kinda hard to know if there is no connection.

last edited at Mar 30, 2020 9:16PM

Mayuri_icon
joined Jun 24, 2015

Geez, theres a thing called being friends with benefits you know. All that headache for nothing

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Geez, theres a thing called being friends with benefits you know. All that headache for nothing

Shhh! it's more fun to watch them angst.

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

Always nice to see more Tmfly uploaded, her works are always nice to read.

I like this one-shot sequel, it means that they are still (very) close, even if they aren't dating anymore. Maybe FWB? If they both enjoy it, there isn't any problem with it.

Well since we haven't a chapter in year, it's kinda to know if there is no connection.

There are like 34 chapters in Japanese, but only 12 translated here. The manga it's quite good, but there's not direct connection with this one shot.
But if you want an spoiler from the manga... It's quite bittersweet. Filler.... filler.... filler.... filler.... and doesn't seem it's going to have a good ending for both, but we can hope... filler... filler...

last edited at Mar 30, 2020 9:11PM

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

lol doesn't this just spoil how the manga ends? Guess I should be grateful that it tells me upfront not get my hopes up on getting a good ending from the series.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

lol doesn't this just spoil how the manga ends? Guess I should be grateful that it tells me upfront not get my hopes up on getting a good ending from the series.

I mean,we don't know yet if tmfly gonna keep the same end in the serialization. It's a possibility yes but that wouldn't be the first time an author change things between pre-serialization and serialization.

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

Damn. Miwa's so cute. This made me miss the series.

I'll just pretend this is the bittersweet ending to the serialized manga.

joined Jun 12, 2019

Nooo I want them to be together in the manga :(

joined Apr 4, 2019

This one shot even mentions the band they are both in. It seems fairly likely to me that this is the intended conclusion of the series even if the routes end up being different.

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

This is a sequel to the one-shot in which they do break up in, quite an amicable break-up at that.

Doesn't mean the serialisation is going to end the exact same way, I hope it's slightly different because waiting for all those chapters for the exact same outcome would be quite the disappointment. Not that we're likely to get those chapters anytime soon mind... 7 months since the last one.

Have you thought about translating the serialisaion GoggleAnon?

joined Feb 23, 2016

I remember reading this.. but you never know what’s gonna happen in the series though

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

god can't they just stay together?

joined Mar 30, 2020

Seeing Saeko’s roots completely dyed makes me sad and is this really unrelated to the story? because by the raws this sort of turn of events looks very possible

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

aaay nothin wrong with being friends with benefits! hopefully one of them stumbles upon that term so they can just fuck in peace XD although something tells me the fact they think they shouldn't be doing it makes it more arousing lol

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

wait what... What happened? D:

20230129_212706
joined Oct 20, 2015

Maaaan I've been reading this one in chinese over and over..now finally english :) not really happy about the end of the relationship but they're still such a cute couple
love Miwa ♥ ^_^

joined Nov 21, 2018

Meanwhile their neighbor be like 'there's weird voices coming from the room next door!"

Seriously tho how the character designs are so similar?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/theres_weird_voices_coming_from_the_room_next_door_ch10

last edited at Mar 30, 2020 11:58PM

Fb_img_1596724226396
joined May 14, 2017

Hope the series not lead to this story

joined Mar 8, 2016

I'm gonna be the contrarian and say I hope tmfly sticks with this ending. It's a very unusual one in the world of manga, especially romance manga, where everyone gets married to the first person who asks them out or a childhood crush and if you don't there's something wrong with you. Honestly this is way more true to life - most people have a-few-to-many relationships that don't work out in one dimension or another before they find the person or situation that suits them long term. (And even then, how many of those actually make it to the 'till-death-do-us-part stage? And why is that the only acceptable barometer for a "successful" relationship?)

I think it's pretty mature and refreshing to show two women who clearly have great physical chemistry but don't have a great personality match, who learn and grow through dating each other and break up mutually better off and knowing it's for the best. (And, bonus, breaking up on good terms means the door is there for the occasional NSA hookup!) I get the instinct to root for the happily-ever-after ending for characters you like, but there are other possible good endings too.

last edited at Mar 31, 2020 12:18AM

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

It's complicated.

Cat.shitpost_20191227_1
joined Aug 15, 2019

I like this one-shot sequel, it means that they are still (very) close, even if they aren't dating anymore. Maybe FWB? If they both enjoy it, there isn't any problem with it.

Well since we haven't a chapter in year, it's kinda to know if there is no connection.

There are like 34 chapters in Japanese, but only 12 translated here. The manga it's quite good, but there's not direct connection with this one shot.

I wonder why they stopped translating it though

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Lesbian fubu isn't devoid of any romantic emotions. It sucks sometimes.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/were_not_dating_but_we_did_it_anyway#6

Lol. Does this mean they've always fucked each other even though they're broken up?

last edited at Mar 31, 2020 1:19AM

blatant_harvester
Snpl
joined Feb 16, 2013

I wonder why they stopped translating it though

It got licensed by Viz.

https://www.amazon.com/How-Do-We-Relationship-Vol/dp/1974711749

Dunno how they came to that translation for the name.

joined Sep 11, 2014

I don't think it's sad that they don't end up together. They were sort of pointing to the fact that they felt pressured to be together just because they were both newly out lesbians in the series, and thats not a good enough reason to be in a relationship. It's not so easy in real life to just meet someone that you can form a true love relationship

To reply you must either login or sign up.