Forum › We're Not Dating, But We Did It Anyway discussion

joined Mar 8, 2016

Dunno how they came to that translation for the name.

Probably the translator got too clever with the wordsmithing, or got too hung up in trying to convey the "ka na" ending on the original. Or maybe they didn't like/thought it was too long to go with something like, "Do you think we should go out?" "It might be good if we dated, right?" etc. I suppose it's also possible that the original author or publisher made this English title themselves and wanted it used even if it doesn't read well to native speakers (that's happened with other titles and translation flubs).

Fb_img_1533401192825
joined Sep 9, 2016

Always nice to see more Tmfly uploaded, her works are always nice to read.

I like this one-shot sequel, it means that they are still (very) close, even if they aren't dating anymore. Maybe FWB? If they both enjoy it, there isn't any problem with it.

Well since we haven't a chapter in year, it's kinda to know if there is no connection.

There are like 34 chapters in Japanese, but only 12 translated here. The manga it's quite good, but there's not direct connection with this one shot.
But if you want an spoiler from the manga... It's quite bittersweet. Filler.... filler.... filler.... filler.... and doesn't seem it's going to have a good ending for both, but we can hope... filler... filler...

Oh i didnt know that. Where can i find the raws?

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

My friend and his girlfriend were like that. They hated each other but they also couldn't keep their hands off each other. I hated it. Their fights would always turn violent, right in front of the rest of our group. Leaving us in the middle wondering what to do. We told him to break up with her but he wouldn't. He would say: "No way man! The sex is mind blowing"!

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

My friend and his girlfriend were like that. They hated each other but they also couldn't keep their hands off each other. I hated it. Their fights would always turn violent, right in front of the rest of our group. Leaving us in the middle wondering what to do. We told him to break up with her but he wouldn't. He would say: "No way man! The sex is mind blowing"!

Two coworkers are like this too, it's pretty annoying when it's during a day with a shit load of work but it was kinda entertaining too.

We definitely need more of this couple.

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

It's tagged on MD,
maybe for missing chapters you either buy or find one from internet

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

their bodies match

Wah? I thought Miwa sucked at sex and Saeko didn’t really like that pillow princess.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Two coworkers are like this too, it's pretty annoying when it's during a day with a shit load of work but it was kinda entertaining too.

We definitely need more of this couple.

A yuri couple with nothing in common but sexual chemistry Yes please.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Sus-lik posted:

their bodies match

Wah? I thought Miwa sucked at sex and Saeko didn’t really like that pillow princess.

I think that was in the beginning. Once she got in a relationship with Saeko, and they had more sex, Miwa let go more of her reservations.

But while Saeko is laid back, Miwa seems to be annoying in some ways, so I can see why them being more than occasional sexfriends would lead to a lot of sparks.

Maybe it's better for them that way.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I was thinking maybe they should stick to fwb but they'd have to be friends for that lmao at this point they're just fuck buddies

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I was thinking maybe they should stick to fwb but they'd have to be friends for that lmao at this point they're just fuck buddies

They are friends tho (based on this two shot at least). They broke up in good terms and then went back to being friends. The short interactions that they had in this one's prequel (specifically after their break up) showed that they're still pretty close. Saeko was even poking fun(?) at Miwa when they met the girl that Miwa is very likely to end up with.

joined Jul 23, 2017

Idk but this isn't really my kind of thing you know, I mean I read many yuri's like this but there's just something that ticks me off (๑-﹏-๑)

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

This one shot even mentions the band they are both in. It seems fairly likely to me that this is the intended conclusion of the series even if the routes end up being different.

The pre-serialization version also had them in a band, you know.

120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

It's just like watching all my past relationships flashback before my eyes. Now i have insomnia

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Idk I feel like they could be the type who take their time and date other people. Then you know one day. after they've both figured out how to make each of themselves happy, they end up together

joined Mar 30, 2020

I like this one-shot sequel, it means that they are still (very) close, even if they aren't dating anymore. Maybe FWB? If they both enjoy it, there isn't any problem with it.

Well since we haven't a chapter in year, it's kinda to know if there is no connection.

There are like 34 chapters in Japanese, but only 12 translated here. The manga it's quite good, but there's not direct connection with this one shot.
But if you want an spoiler from the manga... It's quite bittersweet. Filler.... filler.... filler.... filler.... and doesn't seem it's going to have a good ending for both, but we can hope... filler... filler...

https://www.manhuaren.com/manhua-yaowohenijiaowangyebushibuxing/?from=/manhua-baihe/

joined Mar 30, 2020

You guys are talking about their relationship based on 12 translated chapters and there’s literally 37 chapters out, obviously their feelings grew and they fell deeper for each other, also a lot of things happened.

120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

https://www.manhuaren.com/manhua-yaowohenijiaowangyebushibuxing/?from=/manhua-baihe/

Thanks a lot for your link. It hurt so bad to read. I totally found my past self in Saeko's mind. It's frightening how fiction can be so accurated.
Maybe in manga this couple can last.

joined Apr 15, 2018

In the inimitable words of Katy Perry:

Oh, we were such a mess
But wasn’t it the best?
Thought it was done
But I guess it’s
never
really over

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I wonder why they stopped translating it though

It got licensed by Viz.

https://www.amazon.com/How-Do-We-Relationship-Vol/dp/1974711749

Dunno how they came to that translation for the name.

When I see a translation like that, I can't help but think the person who decided on it was wracking their brain to figure out how to be #relatableAF with #millennials and their #baes with a #big #mood. #yikes am i right, fellow #kids?

Kikaluna Uploader
Ef2_zi-u4ae1h8g
Noca Scans
joined Nov 20, 2017

minor fix on pg 20
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZRHkTkZDrTddqFvXR01B2DHhQgVXykpmtvk

Updated. (Thanks Orange Pekoe!)

Hhkb%20logo
joined Apr 3, 2020

I really like this story. It captures a lesbian college experience, that I've never read.

Anyway the real problem is that English title. yikes

joined Feb 16, 2020

aw man i want this ending for the manga

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

brutal

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

While I don't want this ending from the serial, it's a good, funny ending to a one shot

To reply you must either login or sign up.