Forum › Give My Heart To You. discussion

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This is so adorable. I love yuri manhua.

I wish somebody uploaded She Is Still Cute Today to the reader...

I second that. You can never have too much yuri manhua.

PS: thank goodness, the rants on Chinese communism have stopped.

last edited at Mar 22, 2020 2:00PM

Fb_img_1554123071250
joined Mar 2, 2020

Oh nice my Chinese name means my partner will cheat on me

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

^^ For real. In another thread, they flooded with posts about wars in Russia, Makhno, and the quirks of life in Finland... and the thread was about the funny story of two cute Japanese girls living together in Tokyo...

last edited at Mar 25, 2020 2:35PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I feel offended Miss

joined Jul 26, 2016

Hey, I resemble that description!
Xiao Xing is totally us isn't she.

joined Sep 6, 2018

More Chinese yuri? I hope it'll be allowed to go someplace. Maybe the government will be too distracted by Corona-chan to do the usual.

Yeah, hopefully it won't be another Their Story situation. Is this entirely web-based? If I remember right Their Story's censorship problems started when they tried to physically publish.

The censorship showed up when the published relationship went beyond just hand holding. The unexplained lip locking caught the censor’s eye and that was it... the plot line died and turned into the manga equivalent of “Snoopy”.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Is this mainland Chinese? Seems strict but I don't know enough about places like Taiwan to compare. Definitely I hope these authors don't get noticed if it's the mainland... America has the orange menace but we still can do what we want for the most part (well, except for now, because we don't want to die of coronavirus).

Also, reminds me, what happened to Beloved L?

Another casualty of censorship, but this time the mangaka had enough material published to let the storyline imply a happy ending despite glaring loose ends.

I must say the quality yuri output has declined somewhat but not enough to kill the genre. There are plenty of mangakas (physically) outside of China’s censorship rules.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

"It makes me go 'hehehe' when I see two girls acting affectionately with eachother"

I have never felt so much identified in my life.

Also, that hand grab at the end! ❤❤

84e6a6e7-57b4-46e6-b387-5a9bd44d45ef
joined Oct 10, 2014

Oooo Lewd Hand Holding!!! LEWD HAND HOLDING!

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

Another casualty of censorship, but this time the mangaka had enough material published to let the storyline imply a happy ending despite glaring loose ends.

I must say the quality yuri output has declined somewhat but not enough to kill the genre. There are plenty of mangakas (physically) outside of China’s censorship rules.

Is this true about Beloved L? I was wondering why it blipped out suddenly, though I didn't catch wind of anything then about censorship ;w; Do you have any source I can look into ;w;?

last edited at Mar 27, 2020 11:46PM

joined Jun 12, 2019

They’re so cute and this is so good

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

If Xiao Xing put her foot in her mouth any more, she'd swallow her whole leg.

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Hey, I resemble that description!
Xiao Xing is totally us isn't she.

I’m no successful artist so as far as I can tell she’s leading me on all counts.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Is this true about Beloved L? I was wondering why it blipped out suddenly, though I didn't catch wind of anything then about censorship ;w; Do you have any source I can look into ;w;?

Check comments in Beloved L.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

huh. Yuri solved the problem. I for one, am shocked. Though I don't know why.

joined Jul 26, 2016

On another note, Xiao Xing's assumptions about "normies" here remind me of A Certain Neurotic Catgirl... :3

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

The self-insert power is over 9000...

I mean, c'mon, the author is a high school girl living in a dormitory who draws yuri manhua in her free time and posts it online. And her MC is... exactly the same, lol. Except Xiao Xing has this incredibly beautiful, fairy-like girl who falls in love with her. And why does she fall for her? Because her eyes sparkle so much when she's drawing manhua! XDDDDDD

I was reminded of this scene in Kyo-Ami:

last edited at Mar 28, 2020 2:18PM

Azumaya%20koyuki
joined Oct 2, 2014

Oh my god! This is so cute! I love this so much! Can't wait for the next chapter.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

That's not weird at all. It's the normal reaction to yuri.

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Favorite-d!!

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Yeah this has got massive self-insert vibes. One glance at the author's Wechat tells you they're a fan of Madoka and Homura.

Time to struggle through her Wechat trying to read a language I haven't mastered.

Edit: Some of the author's earlier posts are really cute. Makes half-jokes, half-probably serious comments about hoping her mom doesn't randomly go through her stuff and find this. Also she was only in high school and already making quality art like this? That's amazing.

Edit2: There's some little things that were mistranslated, but it's also cool seeing how phrases I didn't understand were accurately translated over.

I'll just say one thing since it's not stated anywhere. The original title used the character for star while the translated title is a pun drawing on how 星 (xing1, star) and 心 (xin1, heart) essentially sound the same. This is actually a little surprising since the translated title here immediately gives a different impression of the manhua, but anyway a more direct, immediate-impression translation would be: "Giving You A Star".

last edited at Jun 26, 2020 9:34PM

36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

will this ever get updated? ú~ù

last edited at Oct 15, 2020 10:59PM

joined Oct 22, 2020

It's been a while since this had any updates. Is nobody working on this anymore? :(

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

I binge read this today at 2:57 am. I thank you so much for translating this. I can't wait for the future chapters!

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Ohhhh cutecutecutecutecute

To reply you must either login or sign up.