Forum › Give My Heart To You. discussion

Yuriburrito
joined Apr 8, 2019

Oh my. Only the second chapter and they're already HOLDING HANDS?! HOW LEWD.

joined Jun 12, 2019

More Chinese yuri? I hope it'll be allowed to go someplace. Maybe the government will be too distracted by Corona-chan to do the usual.

Isn’t lily and Lala Chinese gl/yuri comics too? They’re really good

last edited at Mar 18, 2020 10:30AM

joined Nov 21, 2018

Are my eyes playing a trick on me or that girl actually has elf ears?

Lonely pikachu
Fb_img_1577630954167
joined Jan 13, 2020

The manga is promising hype for new more chapters

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

I looked over that “gazing into the distance” panel like a dozen times trying to clarify whether the elf thing was figurative or literal and tbh I’m not seeing it.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I looked over that “gazing into the distance” panel like a dozen times trying to clarify whether the elf thing was figurative or literal and tbh I’m not seeing it.

May be a questionable rendition of "fairy", which IIRC is a reasonable translation of an old Chinese term for any number of supernatural or otherworldly women (think "celestial maiden") and apparently a somewhat archaic/poetic flattering epithet for a beautiful lady.

Or that's how it was used in one or two manhwas set in pseudo-Ancient Chinese settings I read elsewhere anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at Mar 18, 2020 2:57PM

30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

May be a questionable rendition of "fairy", which IIRC is a reasonable translation of an old Chinese term for any number of supernatural or otherworldly women (think "celestial maiden") and apparently a somewhat archaic/poetic flattering epithet for a beautiful lady.

Or that's how it was used in one or two manhwas set in pseudo-Ancient Chinese settings I read elsewhere anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tbh, I was wondering the same thing when I was translating ahaha
In Chinese, it was literally 精灵少女 (jing ling shao nv), but I don't know of any other meaning to it other than "elf girl". I do know that 小仙女 (xiao xian nv) is often used to describe someone young and pretty....but yeah. Not sure if it was meant to reference some other thing.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

This looks cute. Too bad I'm having problems with small print. Even with my maximal magnification and my glasses I am still having trouble reading it.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

More Chinese yuri? I hope it'll be allowed to go someplace. Maybe the government will be too distracted by Corona-chan to do the usual.

This came out in 2018, so it may have already got the usual? Snowy Day, do you know how far this got or if it is still going?

John, click the resize button above the page in the reader

last edited at Mar 18, 2020 11:58PM

30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

This came out in 2018, so it may have already got the usual? Snowy Day, do you know how far this got or if it is still going?

John, click the resize button above the page in the reader

Up to chapter 12 right now. Still ongoing. The last chapter was released in January.

joined Oct 8, 2015

yo at the 大鍋菜 i think it means like mixed rice/economy rice (as wikipedia puts it), you can google 食堂大锅菜 (I'm gonna bet its the same word but this one is in simplified chinese, my traditional chinese isn't so good), generally it's just a bunch of dishes precooked and you can pick what to eat with rice

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

This seems really sweet so far. Following for sure! ^_^

30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

yo at the 大鍋菜 i think it means like mixed rice/economy rice (as wikipedia puts it), you can google 食堂大锅菜 (I'm gonna bet its the same word but this one is in simplified chinese, my traditional chinese isn't so good), generally it's just a bunch of dishes precooked and you can pick what to eat with rice

Huh. Interesting...I've never heard of the term economy rice before :o

But would it be correct to call something economy rice flavored? Cause in the raws, it was written as 大锅菜味道 but that doesn't really seem to make sense..?

Either way, it's definitely better than sticking with big-pot dish lol Thanks for the explanation!

last edited at Mar 19, 2020 6:16PM

joined Mar 19, 2020

we have a scanlation how can we post our work here?

joined Jul 1, 2019

o god that madohomu drawing on the wardrobe,,,,im screaming

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

I would so trust someone with a MadoHomu poster.

Also, tfw you learn about the green hat thing...

joined Jul 26, 2016

I mean Link did get cucked out of polygons there.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

I would so trust someone with a MadoHomu poster.

Also, tfw you learn about the green hat thing...

Yeah it kindda a running gag in our country ( although I'm not from chinese )

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I definitely recognize that poster, but is the figure anything in specific?

Strongly, strongly suggest adding the translation note about green to... the translation note about green. Understanding the meaning is integral to the entire page, so putting it in credits just forces re-reading and makes the page lose its initial impact. +It's mildly annoying to have to skip to credits and see the rest of the comic spoiled on the way (on mobile).

It doesn't need a paragraph explaining the full cultural context, just a sentence explaining that it means being cheated on.

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Localization fun, where the literal translation can actually comes off as quite odd. 精灵少女 I would try "fairy" instead of the mouthful "elf girl.". The idea the author is trying to convey is awestruck by an otherworldly beauty. It's a popular writing device/trope. And in chapter 3 the subject in question is awestruck by the stars in the drawer's eyes. Fun.

大鍋菜 according to baidu is a common dish popular in the north. 大鍋菜, literal translation of big pot vegetable/dish. The name implies it is full of vegetable flavors of various kinds, and in the early days it was something family commonly eaten together before they go off to work. So the name stuck. The name isn't very flattering nor fancy, since it's definitely a more commoner food. At the same time, 大鍋菜 can only be made with common food rather than extra fancy deluxe ingredients. Common ingredients include: pork, mushroom, potato, tofu, and some noodles made out of bean starch.

joined Jul 26, 2016
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Is this mainland Chinese? Seems strict but I don't know enough about places like Taiwan to compare. Definitely I hope these authors don't get noticed if it's the mainland... America has the orange menace but we still can do what we want for the most part (well, except for now, because we don't want to die of coronavirus).

Also, reminds me, what happened to Beloved L?

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Now why would you do something as silly as wear a green it to tell the whole world you got cheated on.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Strongly, strongly suggest adding the translation note about green to... the translation note about green. Understanding the meaning is integral to the entire page, so putting it in credits just forces re-reading and makes the page lose its initial impact. +It's mildly annoying to have to skip to credits and see the rest of the comic spoiled on the way (on mobile).

It doesn't need a paragraph explaining the full cultural context, just a sentence explaining that it means being cheated on.

Tbh I just took it as the western “green with envy” before reading the note, it kinda works fine in that regard

To reply you must either login or sign up.