Forum › Run Away With Me, Girl discussion

Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

i think everyone here has been brought just a wee bit closer

joined Jul 23, 2019

Chale, el novio es un marica.

Quieres decir que es un cobarde, o que es homosexual?
De donde yo vengo, usamos generalmente la palabra "marica" para hablar de un hombre homosexual y afeminado, pero tmb se usa (aunque no es tan corriente) para decir cobarde.
Supongo que quieres decir que Tazune es un cobarde de mierda por pegarle a una mujer? Si es eso, no cabe duda que tienes razón.

O sino, si lo que quieres decir es que Tazune es un homosexual reprimido....... ah, pues debo decir que es la idea más original e interesante que he leído sobre ese personaje. La verdad, nunca se me habría ocurrido, jeje.... pero viendo como trata a las mujeres, es posible.

No sé si sabes esto: hay un tema especial para hablar de manga en español. No recuerdo que hayas estado por ahí antes. El enlace es:

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/15867-manga-in-spanish-mangas-en-espanol

Si quieres, date una vuelta cuando quieras hablar de estas cosas.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Hey, those two talking in Spanish ^ have a novel theory: that Tonoike could likely be gay, a repressed homo, and that's why he's so cold and indifferent towards all women, even the ones he dates and shags.
Like he's incapable of making a romantic connection with them.
I believe it's probably not the author's intention to take the guy's character development in that direction but it's funny that this is a theory that very well holds water, lol.

joined Sep 13, 2018

Hey, those two talking in Spanish ^ have a novel theory: that Tonoike could likely be gay, a repressed homo, and that's why he's so cold and indifferent towards all women, even the ones he dates and shags.
Like he's incapable of making a romantic connection with them.
I believe it's probably not the author's intention to take the guy's character development in that direction but it's funny that this is a theory that very well holds water, lol.

Definitely not the case imho, like gay dudes can be misogynstic, but nothings really hinted at that beyond this notion that gay dudes might hate women. He likes having sex with women and pursuing them, just in a predatory way. Heck, he's clearly enough of a charmer that women seem to think he's a nice guy and Midori told him she loved him (As muddled as that is with her own issues). We saw his POV and he never seemed to even think about men the way Midori has with Maki. He's just a misogynist who got handsome and realized he could use that to treat women like shit.

last edited at Feb 27, 2020 11:46AM

joined May 24, 2019

Heck, he's clearly enough of a charmer that women seem to think he's a nice guy and Maki told him she loved him.

You well-nigh gave me a heart attack with this statement. :(

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

What in the world are people cheering for someone who just show domestical abuse ?

There are plenty of men on this forum

And to think somebody tried to get me banned just for saying people are too soft on the female characters.

You agreed with Tazune in saying Midori is 'just an idiot with a cute face' and said Midori deserves what's happening to her, then acted smug when you were given exactly what you wanted and shown from Tazune's perspective that he's an abusive shitheel and people expected a bit of humility after being so obstinate. Maybe it's not that people are 'too soft on the female characters'. :V

Midori IS an idiot. That much is a fact. And I said both characters were shitty and deserved each other. I never said she deserved to be abused. Paint the whole picture and don't lie by omission.

That said, I mean are they wrong? Men might find themselves sympathizing with Tazune for whatever reason, and I dunno, just see him as a rude But Not Abusive guy.

Yes they are wrong, unless you've done a ratio of men to women perspective on this forum? Besides, its quite hypocritical to hammer on about misogyny and then turn around and claim men sympathise with and excuse domestic abusers.

“As a man who’s wrote pages excusing a domestic abuser, it’s hypocritical to say men excuse domestic abusers”

Rly makes u think

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Heck, he's clearly enough of a charmer that women seem to think he's a nice guy and Maki told him she loved him.

I take your point, but as I said before, visually Tazune is depicted as looking pretty benign and friendly--his facial expression when he's with others is usually smiling or fairly neutral, and his eyes are often wide and open. The contrast with what he says--and the attitudes underlying his statements--makes him extra creepy.

Like when Midori tells him she's pregnant, his "Are you sure that's my kid?" question is the classic shitty-guy response, but he's smiling and says he's joking, and immediately offers to marry her. Great guy, right?

(As far as visual design goes, I must admit that Midori's eyebrow-antennae kinda weird me out.)

joined Sep 13, 2018

PFFFT god, it took me for a moment to get what you meant. My bad, I blame writing forum posts at 1 am before sleeping :P

I take your point, but as I said before, visually ... Great guy, right?

(As far as visual design goes, I must admit that Midori's eyebrow-antennae kinda weird me out.)

I think they were reacting to my typo saying Maki instead of Midori :P If somehow Maki fell in love with Tazune I think I'd have a heart attack too.

Oh i love her weird eyelashes. It kinda makes her whole face seem a little foxy and sly, when in reality she's a really simple woman. The only person I feel she could lie to is herself.

last edited at Feb 27, 2020 12:21PM

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Oh, no. Fuck me, this is a nasty chapter.

I tend to say it half-jokingly, but tbh #DontTrustMen

last edited at Feb 27, 2020 1:04PM

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

This manga actually made me cry.
It's a load of emotions, i can feel nothing but worry, that girls deservers so much better, and the fact that she can't see what her "husband" does with her, it's just terrible...
A happy ending for her would mean a lot, a lot.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Geeze someone needs counceling. Well actually his wife kinda needs counceling as well

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This manga actually made me cry.
It's a load of emotions, i can feel nothing but worry, that girls deservers so much better, and the fact that she can't see what her "husband" does with her, it's just terrible...
A happy ending for her would mean a lot, a lot.

Yes.
I feel you.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I'm so hooked to this manga, I didn't expect to get so into it after the initial premise was presented and with an art style that's practical but not so appealing, but this is a good reading, and it's nice to have a more lighthearted chapter after all the drama.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Not to beat a dead horse, but I actually bothered to read the last few pages and I just want to say that using the legality of whatshisface's actions to justify whether or not he qualifies as abusive in a moral sense is silly.

You can find a court of law that would probably side with Tazune even after he smacked her across the face after all!

Hope not, he'd literally just be that one guy in Netsuzou.

Photo-1445
joined Dec 15, 2011

Yes, yes, go and experience a little what life is without being constantly hemmed in and afraid, and come back better equipped to live that and not just visit it.

joined Sep 13, 2018

And I'm not kidding when I say that one of the worst (or rather, one of the most telling) is his refusal to turn his socks rightside-out for the laundry, because it's such a simple request from his partner to make her life just a little easier and it shows how little he cares about her and her needs.

The more I think about it the more I really like this point? The framing of it highlights how Midori and Tazune's relationship was abusive even before hand, especially in contrast between Just A Bad One. Like, framing such a small thing as a focus as what happened with the socks with just a bad relationship is just a little petty, hell in a good relationship its just something someone would change over time and it wouldn't be a big deal. Hence why Battan likely opted to clearly frame the socks and thus Tazune ignoring Midori's very small request. It changes a little annoyance into just showing how little Tazune really cares about her. Just like how he literally checked his phone to chat to the woman he's likely going to cheat with while hugging her. He doesn't care and never really has.

|||||||||||||||||||

Also!!! New Chapter and god I'm so glad this manga is going the exact places I want it to. We're going to see Komari finally, Midori's going to be able to get away from Tazune almost entirely for a bit, Maki acted on her feelings and she got to be mad for a bit because she deserves to! She's really in love with Midori and it's good they'll get some time to work out their feelings.

Also the page where Tazune grabbed Midori made me reel for a moment.
|||

Also also! I think this chapter really highlights another theme of the series which is the sort of play between idealized and reality/normalcy

Like, Midori's idea of reality, one that was molded into her by society, being she had to 'grow up' (see, be heterosexual) snapped her away from the 'fantasies' of youth (Class S scenarios, dating Maki in this case). When she's with Maki she's back in this 'fantasy' of being able to not think about the issues of her life like her cold, abusive relationship with Tazune. Hell Midori's own relationship with Tazune is her trying to live in some fantasy that having a kid and just dealing with his abuse will lead her to reality, but as seen with this chapter again, he's very much so able to snap her back to the reality of her being in an abusive relationship.

With Maki, she tried to fall into this fantasy of running away and eloping with Midori only to be reminded that in reality, Midori is in a shitty relationship and can't just leave like that. She reminds Komari that this isn't just some fantasy in this chapter just about that notion too. Her mother basically says she's got to accept 'reality' (In the mother's case, being 'normal', i.e. heterosexual, having a husband, and then having kids) and Maki rightly points out that's not 'normal' it's going with the crowd. It highlights who Maki is, which is to say she's kind of a weirdo through and through. It makes her a very nice, relatable character imho.

Hell, even Tazune is wrapped up in this notion of living in his own fantasies. He gets to pretend he's some big macho man that can get any woman to love him because they're just so easy and stupid to him, but in reality, he's an asshole with an ego made of glass and we saw him slip into reality and try to reassert himself into his fantasy by becoming violent with Midori.

It also beats around the bush that the reason why some gay guys are like that isn't cause they're gay, but it's cause they're men pushed to be misogynists imho

last edited at Mar 1, 2020 10:16PM

joined Feb 20, 2015

More like, you can be gay and hate opposite sex, but one thing is not caused by the other. It's often been used as an insult to call the man/woman hater a homosexual. And while I wouldn't put it past individual authors to do that, it should probably not be considered as as serious theory here, of all places, unless the author specifically spells it out. Right now Tazune is a pretty solid villain, who feels inferior and so he takes that anger out on his girlfriend.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Hence why Battan likely opted to clearly frame the socks and thus Tazune ignoring Midori's very small request. It changes a little annoyance into just showing how little Tazune really cares about her.

He really doesn't have any special feelings for her. Tazune is obviously unenthusiastic towards this marriage thing, but he's doing it nevertheless because he thinks it must be done -- because social norm says a man must marry, have children, etc. Heck, even his career depends greatly on this.

It didn't have to be Midori, any woman would have done. They are all pretty much interchangeable to him. It just happened that, of all the women he fucked, Midori was the one who got pregnant. Tough luck.

Maki acted on her feelings and she got to be mad for a bit because she deserves to! She's really in love with Midori and it's good they'll get some time to work out their feelings.

That scene was great.

"It's not that I can't do it, it's that I don't want to do it."

That's Maki rebuking all the people who have berated her for her attitude towards Midori, claiming that she should forget Midori and find someone else.

Also the page where Tazune grabbed Midori made me reel for a moment.

Poor Midori. Now his mere touch is enough to make her freeze in fear.

(Btw, nice bit of mansplaining: "Why didn't you just say it out loud? It's all your fault! You need to learn to speak clearly!" Asshole.)

Her mother basically says she's got to accept 'reality' (In the mother's case, being 'normal', i.e. heterosexual, having a husband, and then having kids) and Maki rightly points out that's not 'normal' it's going with the crowd.

Heh. That was one of the great lines of the chapter. Loved it.

It also beats around the bush that the reason why some gay guys are like that isn't cause they're gay, but it's cause they're men pushed to be misogynists imho

Lol, I remember the maxim: "All misogynists are actually repressed gays." There was a time, decades ago, when you could hear it everywhere, all the time. It was like feminist dogma. It's been discredited and has fallen into disuse since then...

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I just hope Maki and Midori figure this shit out before the wedding. Seriously, it doesn't need to be any more complicated... It's better to be with someone you actually LIKE, even if it's not "normal," trying to live a normal life that doesn't for you is a recipe for disaster. You will just want to die, and be experiencing a living death anyways.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

This all feels fake, and I'm waiting for the hammer to drop.

64caf7b2-896b-4409-975b-cb83b31b664b
joined Mar 29, 2018

Geez, I still can’t believe there are ppl that sympathize with Tonoike

joined Sep 13, 2018

He really doesn't have any special feelings for her. Tazune is obviously unenthusiastic towards this marriage thing, but he's doing it nevertheless because he thinks it must be done -- because social norm says a man must marry, have children, etc. Heck, even his career depends greatly on this.

It didn't have to be Midori, any woman would have done. They are all pretty much interchangeable to him. It just happened that, of all the women he fucked, Midori was the one who got pregnant. Tough luck.

Yeah, of course it's also makes things worse for Midori that she ended up the perfect sort of person for abusive assholes like Tazune. Tbh I think Tazune only brought up marriage this chapter because he realized after hitting her and having her come back that he could functionally get away with anything so why not marry her in his head? He basically gets to get away with seeming like a successful family man and probably cheat with whoever he wants with no worries about it having consequences.

Maki acted on her feelings and she got to be mad for a bit because she deserves to! She's really in love with Midori and it's good they'll get some time to work out their feelings.

That scene was great.

"It's not that I can't do it, it's that I don't want to do it."

That's Maki rebuking all the people who have berated her for her attitude towards Midori, claiming that she should forget Midori and find someone else.

Yeeep. It's also a nice in look to who Maki is as a person. Yeah she got mad at Midori, she felt like she was just cut out after having a nice night, but she knows quite clearly that she loves Midori and she knows whatever is going on with Midori and Tazune, it's nothing good. She's willing to forgive Midori (Though she still wants to mull on it for a few days clearly) because she wants Midori to be happy. I'm sure when the truth comes to light things will get so much better for the both of them.

Overall this chapter is so good and it makes me love Maki even more. The way she sees Midori is so cute, romantic, and incredibly relatable mood when you're with someone you love dearly.

Poor Midori. Now his mere touch is enough to make her freeze in fear.

(Btw, nice bit of mansplaining: "Why didn't you just say it out loud? It's all your fault! You need to learn to speak clearly!" Asshole.)

Oh my god I know. And the heart racing feeling is just so much. I can't help but feel even worse for Midori now.

Gotta love how Tazune just has to insult her right after admitting she was right about something for once. What a prick.

Heh. That was one of the great lines of the chapter. Loved it.

Again, I love Maki! She knows she's not 'normal', but she wants to carve out her own sense of happiness in that, hopefully with Midori there with her.

Also: Small detail someone I know pointed out. I love how when Komari is getting all excited about Maki meeting Midori again the phone gets anthromorphized. It's a little out of place, but it's fun.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Huh.

"Give me grandchildren already"

"Get a proper job"

I think the mom is confused. Having to manage kids and a fulltime job at the same time seems to be one of the most stressful decisions you can take. And marriage on top of course, so you have a contract that says that you can't leave the relationship without repercussions (Both bad for for the man and woman).

joined Feb 23, 2016

My lord i want her to drop that guy so much~ and elope with her

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

holy shit i felt that grab its so fucking terrifying, I feel super bad for Midori and finally they go on a trip together far away from her dang husband

To reply you must either login or sign up.