Forum › There's Weird Voices Coming from the Room Next Door! discussion

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

This new girl seems cool, I'm guessing she's a new addition to the harem now.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

harem route intensifies

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Yeah, I realised that after jintor and Boob Twinkler (sorry but that handle makes me cringe) pointed it out.

What's cringy about my handle? ( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)
I just wrote something random, does twinkler mean something and I just don't know about it?

Userpic-128-white
joined Jul 21, 2015

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, the whole premise of this manga is a woman being sexually harassed by anothe woman is comedy gold.

Switching up the genders to (intentionally or otherwise) draw attention to how messed up some romance classic tropes are is pretty common in comedy/comedy-adjacent manga at this point. Nozaki-kun did it with Kashima and Hori (the standard trope with the Funny Abusive wife and the Idiot Husband), Usotsuki Lily does it with the main couple (in both crossdressing and non-crossdressing variants and in a couple cases explicitly saying 'wait, this looks fucked up'), and more than a few traditional yuri series on dynasty do it too. Kuzushiro uses this trope a lot.

It's kind of interesting how easy it is to just write it off as romance comedy until you realize we were just taught that this stuff is okay and funny even though it's often not. Alongside that, these kinds of abuse are common in the real world and treated as minor or hilarious just like in fiction, which is pretty harmful. I appreciate it when the work appears to be self-aware about that, though I don't know if the author is doing that here...

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 7:55AM

Nihongo Wakarahen
joined Mar 14, 2013

Tbh i think the specific joke in the last chapter is less about 'being a predator is fine if you're a lesbian', it's more that Akiho is very close to the truth but because of her underlying (heteronormative) assumptions she flies way off base.

The series as a whole... idk, you'll have to make up your own minds.

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 8:15AM

Dashing
joined Nov 19, 2018

Wow Nakano is a playa'. Hoping for orgy.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This big-eared potato is criminally cute.

Oh you really made me laugh with that one. "Big-eared potato," lol, it's so true. A very accurate description of the MC; Fuuka is miles away from the typical moeblob look. The drawing style of this author is very personal.

But it grows on you, yes it does.

joined Sep 13, 2018

yuri harem , interesting.

joined Apr 29, 2018

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, the whole premise of this manga is a woman being sexually harassed by anothe woman is comedy gold.

Switching up the genders to (intentionally or otherwise) draw attention to how messed up some romance classic tropes are is pretty common in comedy/comedy-adjacent manga at this point. Nozaki-kun did it with Kashima and Hori (the standard trope with the Funny Abusive wife and the Idiot Husband), Usotsuki Lily does it with the main couple (in both crossdressing and non-crossdressing variants and in a couple cases explicitly saying 'wait, this looks fucked up'), and more than a few traditional yuri series on dynasty do it too. Kuzushiro uses this trope a lot.

It's kind of interesting how easy it is to just write it off as romance comedy until you realize we were just taught that this stuff is okay and funny even though it's often not. Alongside that, these kinds of abuse are common in the real world and treated as minor or hilarious just like in fiction, which is pretty harmful. I appreciate it when the work appears to be self-aware about that, though I don't know if the author is doing that here...

for now the only story i have read who did a serious work about abuse was pulse from ratana satis with the main character and her ex. This was very well done and no switching genders at all. serious tone but quick resolution.

last edited at Feb 12, 2020 2:44PM

joined Sep 6, 2018

Manga Cafes... never been there. So how low-brow is it to work there or go there?

Can you sleep in those places? I mean, when one of the characters wanted to bang in there, her view point is like: this is the place for it to happen on the cheap/desperate.

Do they have a negative connotation in Japan? What equivalent establishment in the U.S. has the same reputation as Manga Cafes? (Comic Book stores with cots?)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So far Sakurako give me a better vibe than Nagisa. Nagisa seem to have no restraint and go aggro any time Nakano breath near her when Sakurako seem more composed and show actual restraint. I'd like that Nagisa show some actual restraint.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Ten bucks says Akiho also gets dragged into it.

$20

tree fiddy

free tiddy

for dirty

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Manga Cafes... never been there. So how low-brow is it to work there or go there?

Can you sleep in those places? I mean, when one of the characters wanted to bang in there, her view point is like: this is the place for it to happen on the cheap/desperate.

Do they have a negative connotation in Japan? What equivalent establishment in the U.S. has the same reputation as Manga Cafes? (Comic Book stores with cots?)

Well this one isn't about manga cafe but may relate to what you are talking about. I suggest giving it a watch, it's only around 9 minutes.

https://youtu.be/MtdupS0gRt0

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

There's a few disclaimers here and there pointing out problematic behavior ("this is what a stalker would say", for example), so it's not like the author is completely unaware of it. Works to draw a line, I guess.

Anyways, Sakurako has the better odds, so far. She's more forward than Akiho, which gives her actual progress, but she's not as aggressive as Nagisa, who doesn't leave space to breathe. As a result, Nakano's responses to her advances are a lot more reciprocal, like she's already accepted her and her ways of skinship.

last edited at Feb 16, 2020 9:33PM

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Does anyone know what the untranslated text in Chapter 7's last couple of pages is saying?

Nihongo Wakarahen
joined Mar 14, 2013

Does anyone know what the untranslated text in Chapter 7's last couple of pages is saying?

My guess from context is it's some kind of stereotypically delinquent/regional/osaka-ben? slang, but my Google-fu isn't good enough to confirm it, so I just left it

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

$20

tree fiddy

free tiddy

for dirty

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

$20

tree fiddy

free tiddy

for dirty

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Thirty Thieves And The Thunder Chief

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I liked the first chapter better than anything we’ve seen so far. I think two really forward experienced dykes falling head over heals for a smol conservative but non-judgmental gal and then boldly approaching her and making her do the shy is a really satisfying (hot) concept, and that’s what chapter 1 made me believe it was going to be. It feels like every chapter, I’m waiting for them to put some smooth moves on her, only to see the same “lmao they went beyond what is socially or morally acceptable and she’s not fighting back lmao” over and over.

Am I gonna drop it? No, because I love Suzuki Senpai’s character art, and the two gay women are crazy attractive. But I am a bit disappointed.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Nakano seems to have gotten pretty used to making out, huh?

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

If they keep fighting to get her attention, Akiho is gonna swoop in and win.

joined Sep 13, 2018

we need another girl and she will finally be a complete harem protagonist.

joined Feb 23, 2016

The Harem queen is approaching

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I'm now convinced that Sakurako is the lesbianest of Japanese surnames.

6cd
joined May 11, 2016

I'm now convinced that Sakurako is the lesbianest of Japanese surnames.

You know too much. Be careful out there with that knowledge.

To reply you must either login or sign up.