Forum › Posts by Nihongo Wakarahen

joined Mar 14, 2013

Felt a bit rushed to me too. Maybe it felt more rushed cause there was a long time between uploads and there was only like three more left until it ended, I dunno

yeaaaaaah that one's on me

joined Mar 14, 2013

One more omake tomorrow (very short).

Thanks for reading.

joined Mar 14, 2013

It's kind of a problem with output tbh. The pace makes a lot more sense when you're not reading only 8 new pages every 4 weeks. Sorry, but it'll make more sense when you binge read the whole lot when we're finally through translating/typesetting. Just sit tight until then!

last edited at May 4, 2021 9:23AM

joined Mar 14, 2013

Page 5 is missing.

Thanks, fixed

joined Mar 14, 2013

Akiho or bust, the neighbors don't seem suited for Nakano.

Valid! Honestly, I like pretty much all of the characters and want a happy ending for everyone.

Also, I choose to believe that this is the same apartment as "Even if I Regret it". A whole apartment run by sapphics for sapphics

I had a comment here but it's kinda spoilery so maybe I'll leave it lol

last edited at Jan 12, 2021 5:03PM

Nihongo Wakarahen
joined Mar 14, 2013

I love this kind of thing, love is equal parts physical as everything else!

joined Mar 14, 2013

Hi all, tl here. Sorry i fell off this for a year, covid did a number on my pipeline and motivation. I've just grabbed the second volume and will restart putting out stuff in a bit. Thanks for your patience.

Nihongo Wakarahen
joined Mar 14, 2013

The art's not particularly good, but the script and pacing is a+

Nihongo Wakarahen
joined Mar 14, 2013

Damn that was good

joined Mar 14, 2013

I don't know if the scanlator reads this thread, but... You accidentally included the TL notes in the downloadable version.

Oops, thanks. This is what you get when you just ctrl all copy.

joined Mar 14, 2013

The game mechanic "explanations" seem a bit wonky. Puts on glasses, and voice gets nasally I've never seen a game let someone use a parry to cancel an attack, during a combo/hit confirm.

Like, I don't know about comboing off a parry, but can't you cancel into a parry mid-move, in some games or do you have to be in idle/neutral? I only really know parrying from like Bayonetta or Metal Gear Revengeance which obvs aren't fighting games (I can never pull them off in an actual fighting game)...

joined Mar 14, 2013

Hi all,

Schuyguy has gotten busy and I'm looking to restart translations, but I need a Translation Checker to help me finalise before I release chapters. If anyone here can look over the raws and my initial translations let me know. I'm usually around on discord; Jintor#7532

/edit belay that, AsanagiSeina is kindly assisting. Cheers!

last edited at Jun 24, 2020 2:00AM

Nihongo Wakarahen
joined Mar 14, 2013

Thanks for this one translators, I intended to do this as a mid volume break but ya beat me to it lol.

Guess I should finish up the first volume this week

Nihongo Wakarahen
joined Mar 14, 2013

No. Both people should give and receive, and that should have nothing to do with whose dominating or subbing.

Not everyone needs the same thing in the bedroom to be satisfied, what works for some or most people doesn't work for everyone. Whatever you and your partner works out that you're both satisfied with is inherently the "right" way to do it no matter if literally everyone else on the planet would be unhappy in your place.

This.

On another note, speaking of Weird Noises, I'm currently in the process of translating Gotenyondo no Koibito, the prequel to that series. It's gonna take me a while, though, so I ask for everyone's patience. It's also gonna be a fucking nightmare to typeset, so it's gonna be a ways off before I can release it.

Speaking of which, what happen to the translation of Weird Noises ?

'ronavirus meant a change in circumstances. I intend to get back to it at some point - at least finish out the first volume

joined Mar 14, 2013

you might have already noticed but with various world events at the moment chapters will be pretty delayed from here on out. apologies in advance but i do aim to keep putting them out, especially since it's a completable project. stay tuned

joined Mar 14, 2013

moar

joined Mar 14, 2013

God I love yukataro

last edited at Mar 5, 2020 3:35AM

joined Mar 14, 2013

Yup. It also has a bonus omake that wasn't in magazines!

joined Mar 14, 2013

Yesssssssss

I picked up the first volume in shinjuku at the animate but for this one it turns out my local kinokuniya just randomly stocks it. only had two copies but eyyyyyyy

joined Mar 14, 2013

jintor posted:
Also, "There're Weird Noises Coming From the Room Next Door" looks hideous. Don't even get me started on "There Are Weird Voices Coming From the Room Next Door!"

"There Are Weird Voices Coming From the Room Next Door!" looks perfectly fine and is grammatically correct.

For robots maybe

To be less glib I think it's overly formal for the situation

last edited at Feb 27, 2020 6:16PM

joined Mar 14, 2013

I've just realised that there's a grammar mistake in the title. It shoul be: "There ARE Weird Voices Coming from the Room Next Door!"

"There's" when used for plural countable nouns is fine for informal speech. I wouldn't put it on an essay, but I wouldn't write about sexy noises coming from the room next door on an essay either, so whatchagonnado.

Also, "There're Weird Noises Coming From the Room Next Door" looks hideous. Don't even get me started on "There Are Weird Voices Coming From the Room Next Door!"

last edited at Feb 27, 2020 6:01AM

joined Mar 14, 2013

just fyi it's been a busy week or so so just one chapter this week... when i get around to doing the corrections after qc (thanks schuyguy)

might move to one-a-week as well in general

Also, why does dynasty take so long to serve a single pageeeeeeee :<

joined Mar 14, 2013

Does anyone know what the untranslated text in Chapter 7's last couple of pages is saying?

My guess from context is it's some kind of stereotypically delinquent/regional/osaka-ben? slang, but my Google-fu isn't good enough to confirm it, so I just left it

joined Mar 14, 2013

Tbh i think the specific joke in the last chapter is less about 'being a predator is fine if you're a lesbian', it's more that Akiho is very close to the truth but because of her underlying (heteronormative) assumptions she flies way off base.

The series as a whole... idk, you'll have to make up your own minds.

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 8:15AM

joined Mar 14, 2013

Still the whole point of the overreacting gag, is that the listener completely misinterprets what they have been told, hearing, something innocent and imaging something lewd. Akiho came to the right conclusion, just wrong gender. I think the fact the author thought that would be funny, reflects the author's underling feelings about lesbian sex. It implies Fuuka being sexually stalked by horrible sex crazed men, BAD! Fuuka being sexually stalked by horrible sex crazed women Okay. Otherwise what the hell is funny about it.

I think what will happen when Akiho sees that Fuuka's neighbors are both girls, is that she'll at first go "Oh damn, I was completely mistaken. They're both women, so obviously they're genuinely nice..." before sooner or later seeing one or both of the neighbors in action and go "OMFG THEY'RE LESBIANS?! SO I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!?"

Laughs in foreknowledge