Forum › Liberty discussion

joined Dec 21, 2016

It's just a wig. It's a safe way to sport a new hairstylefor publicity, so if it doesn't work you can easily go back to the old style. I think Kubo Yurika and Nanjou Yoshino used wigs for certain shoots.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

What even was the contract about ? Was so far i don't remember.

Maki is required to let Liz shit in her mouth. Wait, no, that wasn’t quite it...

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liberty_ch08#5

"Ore no mono ha, ore no mono. Omae no mono mo ore no mono!"

It's kind of cute that she used Gian's catchphrase... though I'm guessing she didn't use "ore" to refer to herself, haha. It's like she's saying: "Yes, I'm gonna roleplay a bad kid, I'm gonna bully you, you gotta problem with that?" It gives a childlike touch to the whole contract thing.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Uh... didn't Liz just get her hair cut? How could it have grown back the same evening?

joined Jul 26, 2019

The problem is that it seems that this cheating was inevitable given liz's reactions to the advances of her senpai...
So it happened, but it had to happen no matter what the height.
Liz still saw her senpai as an idol as attractive and cool as ever, but her perception of her changed after that act... it doesn't excuse anything but it may be the shock that will allow her to cut emotional ties with her.
Now what will be the next step? evolution of liz who will want to turn the page and live her relationship with maki without any more ulterior motives and flashback or aggravation of the problem?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Uh... didn't Liz just get her hair cut? How could it have grown back the same evening?

Don't worry. It's only natural to be puzzled by that. Most of us were.
As it turns out, she didn't get her hair cut. That was just a blonde wig. The real hair (long, black hair) was under the wig.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's just a wig. It's a safe way to sport a new hairstylefor publicity, so if it doesn't work you can easily go back to the old style. I think Kubo Yurika and Nanjou Yoshino used wigs for certain shoots.

Right--but what's the thematic or narrative purpose of the whole makeover business? Liz is an entertainer (a musician, not primarily a model, or a voice actress playing different parts) whose public image was defined by her long dark hair. The whole shoot, in fact the whole idea of using Liz as a model for cosmetics, is Sumire's. The new look is "just as she imagined" (Chapter 11). (Incidentally, it also makes Liz look a lot like Maki.)

Even including a single panel of the ex pulling the wig off while they were making out would have clarified what the deal is here.

joined Dec 21, 2016

Right--but what's the thematic or narrative purpose of the whole makeover business? Liz is an entertainer (a musician, not primarily a model, or a voice actress playing different parts) whose public image was defined by her long dark hair. The whole shoot, in fact the whole idea of using Liz as a model for cosmetics, is Sumire's. The new look is "just as she imagined" (Chapter 11). (Incidentally, it also makes Liz look a lot like Maki.)

Even including a single panel of the ex pulling the wig off while they were making out would have clarified what the deal is here.

Sumire wants to change Liz's image to her liking, maybe even for business purposes as well. Hence the radical changeover.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Sumire wants to change Liz's image to her liking, maybe even for business purposes as well. Hence the radical changeover.

Sigh. Of course that’s true—we know that because that’s what she does.

But neither of those answers can be the whole story.

If “for business purposes,” that makes no sense—if she needs a short-haired, light-haired model “for business purposes,” then why go out of her way to make over a girl with long, dark hair?

If she wants to remake Liz’s image to her own liking, then why have sex with her in her original hair?

You keep answering questions that haven’t been asked and ignoring the ones that have been.

joined Dec 21, 2016

Sigh. Of course that’s true—we know that because that’s what she does.

But neither of those answers can be the whole story.

If “for business purposes,” that makes no sense—if she needs a short-haired, light-haired model “for business purposes,” then why go out of her way to make over a girl with long, dark hair?

I'm just making assumptions based on what've seen so far.
In ch.10 she seems like the strict business type that only cares about Liz because her company is involved with her band. In ch.11 she's the one behind Liz radical makeover, praising her new hairstyle (we didn't know it was a wig) and then choosing a dress for her. Both the hairstyle and the dress don't fit Liz punk/rock public persona, but we can assume there's a valid reason for Sumire (at least from her point of view) to do this and since she's a business woman I guess it probably has something to do with her company sponsoring Liberty.
Sumire is a manipulator who easily swayed Liz just to have some fun in high school and we can assume she's doing the same thing now, she certainly isn't in love with Liz.

If she wants to remake Liz’s image to her own liking, then why have sex with her in her original hair?

First of all, to show the readers that the new hairstyle was just a wig. There're probably better ways to do this, but ok.
Second, maybe to symbolize the contrast between the "new" public image of Liz and her "old" true self? Who knows. We can only wait for the next chapter and hope it will shed some light on Sumire's plan.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Oh no.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

so the first nsfw chapter is her cheating on Maki, that's great

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Wow. When you put it like that... yeah, it kinda sucks. >_<

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

A lot of people. A lot. Not all.

A lot as in most people, which is why assuming the relationship is meant to be exclusive makes the most sense.

I can't believe this.
You are ardently supporting polyphobic people, homophobic people, and, in general, all majority groups who engage in minority discrimination... and, afaict, you don't even realize what you're doing.

You really need to rethink your argument. Or your worldview. Or both. Or everything.

As a non-monogamous lesbian what the hell are you even talking about? It's not bigotry to recognize that the societal standard for serious relationships is more often than not monogamy and that the best course of action is to specifically negotiate exceptions to ensure everyone is on the same page.

Images
joined Sep 30, 2018

I feel so bad for Maki and angry at Liz. She managed to hurt Maki whenever she remembers her senpai but can't do anything bad to the senpai who did the hurting, even did ecchi stuff with her! Damn, But I'm also looking forward to how this will turn out, hopefully it will be in favor of the mc. While all that tingling from the cheating stuff is still fresh, hope the next ch will be updated asap.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

hopefully it will be in favor of the mc.

Rather than that, I just hope Maki finds out about the cheating and dumps Liz. It'd be pretty messed up if the plot forces Maki to be with someone who cheated on her.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 5:13PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Wow. When you put it like that... yeah, it kinda sucks. >_<

I guess they're saving the big Maki/Liz sex scene for the climactic conclusion?

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Maybe we'll get a Maki/Sumire sex scene instead.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Hey, I'm down with that!

Just to see the face Liz would make when she walks in on them, heehee.

joined May 24, 2019

It's not bigotry to recognize that the societal standard for serious relationships is more often than not monogamy.

Fuck the societal standard.

last edited at Feb 12, 2020 12:39AM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

hot.

then sad.

but it started hot.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm more or less certain Liz would join them. (Happy poly end?)

I don't see anything happy coming from the Senpai.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Senpai is pretty messed up but, in a way all she did was proving her point that relationships between girls don't last. Liz cheated on Maki and potentially ruined their relationship all on her own. Senpai just gave her a little push, but Liz is the sole responsible for her actions. She can't blame anyone but herself for this.

The irony is that Liz had built her whole life and professional career around the idea of proving Senpai wrong, but in the end she ended up proving her right anyway. This basically invalidates every single thing Liz has done since they broke up in high school. Talk about failing at life, Liz-chan.

last edited at Feb 10, 2020 10:53PM

joined Apr 6, 2019

I feel so bad for Maki and angry at Liz. She managed to hurt Maki whenever she remembers her senpai but can't do anything bad to the senpai who did the hurting, even did ecchi stuff with her! Damn, But I'm also looking forward to how this will turn out, hopefully it will be in favor of the mc.

Imho it's a given Maki will get Liz in the end... but she will have to work hard to win her prize. The authors intend us to look at Liz as a victim, who loved her sempai, was betrayed and scarred, but still has feelings for her even tho she now realizes that she's a bad person. (And how is it possible that she doesn't hate her, after all the cruels things she did? Well, it's just like that. "The heart has its reasons that reason does not know." - Pascal) Maki's role in this story is that of the knight in shining armor. No matter what Liz does to her, she somehow senses that Liz is not to blame... and she will have to fight to free her from her inner demons and sempai's clutches.

There are many ways to view the story and analyze the characters' actions and motivations, but I'm quite sure this is the one the authors want us to follow as the official canon one. (And, from what I have seen, there's a grand total of 2 people in this forum who are okay with that, lol.)

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

And, from what I have seen, there's a grand total of 2 people in this forum who are okay with that, lol.

Two, including you?

joined Apr 6, 2019

Yeah, me and Cecile. Gotta problem? Sue us. xP

To reply you must either login or sign up.